Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    @BelegCuthalion - Insomnia for the win! :smile:
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited March 2017
    Why use 4 words and double colons? We could make one word (in german) and put a trademark on the end.

EbeneFluchtQuälenVerbessertBearbeitung (tm)

Post edited by brus on
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited March 2017

Ebenenfluchtqual: Ausgabenverbesserung, actually >.>

How to merge it in one word like that long german words?
    Post edited by brus on
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    It just occurred to me - As dialog-driven as PST is, my AncientEyes are probably going to be very happy with having a 'Scale User Interface' option. Assuming, of course,...
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Luke93 said:

Moreover, one should take into account two factors:

1. Beamdog was looking for adventurers, warriors, rogues, wizards, druids, clerics, rangers, monks and shamans...
    Wouldn't it be interesting if the EE's Nameless One now can become all those and more?
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    PST:EE is the best game they could come out with in my Opinion, ist like Christmas Weeeeeee !!!!! :)
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    I am guessing this means Beamdog will (again) have the original game removed from the stores, so people won't have a choice but to buy their version if they want to play the game? Can't buy the classic BG + IWD games anymore unless you buy the EE versions (which are more expensive too).
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I've heard Numenera went to turn based combat as opposed to real time with pause like the infinity games. That's discouraging and a pretty big ding to the gaming experience imho.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    But is it a Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic Good Thing?
    And will it turn into a Evil Thing with items like the helm of opposite alignment?
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

But is it a Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic Good Thing?
    And will it turn into a Evil Thing with items like the helm of opposite alignment?

• Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2017
    I'm excited about this, I've never played through PST. Just never got around to it, played BG 1 & 2 through multiple times, along with IWD. Planescape was that game that's been sitting on my various hard drives for years now. I've modded it up for modern systems, but still have some issues, hopefully this will be a clean version of the game. I REALLY hope it has an iPad release, would love to sit and play the game while on breaks etc. My only advice for Beamdog at this point is to fix PST's bugs, restore content, and make it run smoothly on modern systems. Do not try to alter the story or writing in any way! This is a revered classic that shouldn't be altered, only improved/fixed for a modern desktop/iOS release. Keep it like your IWDEE release, nice and clean. Looking forward to announcement!
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308

I've been mulling this over... How do you format the title?

The previous EEs have been formatted with a colon after the original title, e.g. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. But Planescape: Torment already has one.

So, do you do the double colon? i.e., Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
    Or maybe a dash? i.e., Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition
    Or no separator? Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Personally, I like the dash. The double colon looks silly.

planescape: enhanced torment edition
    planescape: torment enhanced (also edition)
    planescape: torment, a new edition of it. enhanced.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Torment, Planescape: Edition, Enhanced
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    torment: enhanced interrogation edition (plan escape!)
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The new name should come with a "torment" emoji so it can be written with the double ":" as
    Planescape :Torment: Enhanced Edition
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited March 2017
    PlanescapeTorment : Enhanced____________Edition
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    procco said:

The Nameless One is now nameable!

Mine will be callerd Mr Smith :)