Skip to content

Thalantyr Question

MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
Anyone notice something buggy with Thalantyr, where the first few items you sell to him vanish from his store inventory? He seems to retain items after this. Just curious. It's happened to me twice now. The first time was just some stuff I didn't care about, but the second playthrough (totally different game), I sold him the Stupefier and some other items I *could* possibly buy again (well probably not, but still it bothers me).

So I went in, recreated the items with EEKeeper, resold them, subtracted the profit. They seem to be sticking the second time around.

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Nope never seen it, but I haven't looked for it either so it might have happened to me without me knowing about it.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Melicamp said:

Anyone notice something buggy with Thalantyr, where the first few items you sell to him vanish from his store inventory? He seems to retain items after this. Just curious. It's happened to me twice now. The first time was just some stuff I didn't care about, but the second playthrough (totally different game), I sold him the Stupefier and some other items I *could* possibly buy again (well probably not, but still it bothers me).

So I went in, recreated the items with EEKeeper, resold them, subtracted the profit. They seem to be sticking the second time around.

No problems on my End...maybe some Cockeyed Apprentice *hint hint nudge nudge* stole them !
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @DevardKrown Hahhah :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hmm, interesting, I've never had this problem happen to me either, I wonder if some sort of mod is involved causing this? the first things that I sell to Thalantyr are the daggers/swords and shields from the skellies in that area and they never seem to disappear ( I always like to see how many I have sold to him over the coarse of the game, you know, just for the lulz)
    NotabarbiegirlMelicamp
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    sarevok57 said:

hmm, interesting, I've never had this problem happen to me either, I wonder if some sort of mod is involved causing this? the first things that I sell to Thalantyr are the daggers/swords and shields from the skellies in that area and they never seem to disappear ( I always like to see how many I have sold to him over the coarse of the game, you know, just for the lulz)

It has happened with other merchants too. I am using a few mods so that could be it. Just NPC renamer (for last names), classic movies, and Unfinished Business. Interesting. I just always put the items back in and sell them again. Cuz I'm obsessive lol.
    sarevok57
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Melicamp I usually just try to roleplay through it, figuring the rotten ol SOB kept it for themselves or some other wayward adventurer bought/stole it before I could.
    Still, on the big ticket items, it gets my dander up. :#
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    OrlonKronsteenNightingaleCrevsDaakZaghoul
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I don't think I have ever had this problem... In past runs issues like this usually turn out to be a result of my faulty memory, i.e. not remembering what I sold to who. In my more recent runs I try to sell everything to only one merchant, just in case I need to find something again. Since I started doing this, any problems like this vanished completely.

Actually... Come to think of it...

My brother often complains of several of his items (the Rune Hammer notwithstanding) vanishing from a Bag of Holding in one of his runs... I never was able to reproduce this issue and to this day still have no idea what happened... Perhaps... this is related? Hmm...
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    I wish you could convince him (with sharp implements) to part from his Staff of Power.