Skip to content

[MOD] "T'was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur" Quest/Store/New Items - Release .90

2»

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited January 2017
    Using BG1EE with Dragonspear, it installed OK. To get the quest I discovered by chance that if I pressed 1 I was given the quest. (I wasn't given a dialogue box).

The fight was good. One of my party was killed and the other barely survived. (They were both multiclass level 6 in both classes) I didn't kill the golem, just fled.

Upon returning to FAI, I was given the eye, but again no dialogue box so I have no idea what to do next. If I say that I want to look at the store, the game crashes. :(

Any ideas anyone???

Protection from gaze attacks is good. :) It saves having to get potions for Durlag's Tower, Candlekeep, and for ambushes by basilisks.

Haven't checked to see if it works yet.

@devicem Haven't worked out any exploits yet, but only played it twice.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • Lum_LevitsLum_Levits Member Posts: 8
    I can't download this MOD from Zippyshare. The download button tries to trick me into downloading something else. Are there any other links I can attempt?
    Jourin
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    It took me a few tries closing the page it brought up before the download worked.
    edited March 2017
    If only they would sort out the bugs it would be an excellent mod rather than a slightly lower than average one. It doesn't look as if it would need a lot of work to rectify the matter either, but I'm not an expert programmer by any stretch of the imagination. The concept of the mod is good and so is the battle. It is the FAI part that needs a little bit of work.
    Zaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Wise_Grimwald I have stewed over adding this mod but looking at your problems it looks like it certainly does need a bit of work to flow smoother. Having to guess at an option that isn't even listed seems immersion breaking. MAYBE they will get ironed out sometime.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Zaghoul I have installed the mod using the Big World Set-Up and the part at the Friendly Arms Inn now works.

I will let you know later if it is now bug free when I do the quest.
    Zaghoul
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    How is the mod today? I'm considering it for a no-reload EET/BWS game and wanted to know if there are significant bugs.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Blash

I've used the mod in its most recent state. There are several game-changing bugs such as the golem dealing non-lethal damage, the succubus not moving, several item abilities not working as intended (or at all) and cosmetic bugs such as two-handed katanas not having animations, but the quest itself works as intended.
    BlashWise_Grimwald
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Did you install it with BWP Fixpack?
    @Artemius_I I agree 100%. However you may well have to try and download the file a number of times before it actually does as it is supposed to.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Blash said:

How is the mod today? I'm considering it for a no-reload EET/BWS game and wanted to know if there are significant bugs.

As far as I know, the BWFixpack only corrects the location of the backup folder (the necessity of that operations already tells you all you need to know about the quality of the mod).

I would rate the mod *expert* in the BWS terms and not fit for a no-reload EET game.
    For any other constellation, I fully agree to what @Artemius_I says above.
    Blash
  • NighthawkeNighthawke Member Posts: 5
    I know this forum is old but for the Eye of Genzou...it said combined with the Right Eye...I have the Left Eye due to completing the Twas a Slow Boat quest. Where can I find the Right Eye if it exists?

I know this forum is old but for the Eye of Genzou...it said combined with the Right Eye...I have the Left Eye due to completing the Twas a Slow Boat quest. Where can I find the Right Eye if it exists?

I have never found it. Perhaps it will come in time with the writing of a new mod. Perhaps not. :(
  • JourinJourin Member Posts: 6

Two questions:

1. Where to download?  The link in first post takes me to a malware site that tries to install malware.  I have tried three times but always malware and no mod.  Wouldn't trust any file downloaded from this site anyways.

2. Have the bugs been fixed for EE?  LW says the BWP Fixpack fixes the bugs for BGT.

I downloaded from here:
    Firefox stopped a pop-up window opening up which may be what you are referring to.
    One of the advantages of Firefox.
    I used Avast to check the downloaded file and no viruses found. :)

• JourinJourin Member Posts: 6
    Sorry still can't download T'was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur.  Attached is screen shot.  3 download buttons show up.  All three attempt to download malware - no mod.

I PMed you to send me the file directly.  Thanks
    If your anti-virus software has rejected the file that I sent, then it could be that your software is giving false positives. Norton is particularly bad concerning this problem, :( the reason why I now use Avast instead. I haven't had any problems with it myself.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    The site hosting this mod is down, anyone have a copy?
    Here it is
    StummvonBordwehrCommunard
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 99
    The ktstore.sto file is broken. When i tried to open the store the game crashed, even NearInfinity wasn't able to open the file.
    I created a new sto-file with all the mod's items in it and replaced the broken one. Fixed version is attached.

About the mod:
    I liked the basic idea of the mod to introduce some background story on the ship's wreck at the swordcoast, but the mod generally lacks of quality. No entries to the journal. The fight at the shore is much too heavy and doesn't fit in the BG1-setting or difficulty, I decided to kill some of the enemies by cheating (Ctrl+Y).
    At least the items, you can buy in the store, aren't that overpowered as they are in a lot of other item-mods.
    @Jarl Couldn't download it.
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 99
    It works for me.

Here, a zip.
    Thanks
  • TeskalTeskal Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2021
    Zippyshare link is dead. Has anyone this file? Is the KaraTur.zip the file?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited May 2021
    The ZippyShare link works for me. Here is a backup download link from Google Drive.
    @Teskal
    StummvonBordwehr
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    I think that setup-karadur.tp2 should be renamed karadur.tp2

For me (unless i ma blind), this mod doesn't appear in Project Infinity. Any idea ?
  • theernestraintheernestrain Member Posts: 1
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    I think that setup-karadur.tp2 should be renamed karadur.tp2

For me (unless i ma blind), this mod doesn't appear in Project Infinity. Any idea ?

You ever figure it out?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    This mod has a bug in tp2 file:

Download the mod from this post: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1103544/#Comment_1103544 and:

extract it
    open "karatur\setup-karatur.tp2"
    replace
    BACKUP ~\KaraTur\Kbackup~

with
    BACKUP ~KaraTur\backup~

4. Save the file.

Now mod should be detected by PI.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    I applied AL|EN's fix to this file here for public convenience.