Skip to content

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition FAQ

Comments

• vanatosvanatos Member Posts: 876
    Just a question, was there any sort of kickstarter for this?

It's probably too late now anyway since the game is going to get released, but well i would have put money for some awesome 2D art....
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    vanatos said:

Just a question, was there any sort of kickstarter for this?

It's probably too late now anyway since the game is going to get released, but well i would have put money for some awesome 2D art....

I as well would be willing to kick in a few extra bucks for 2d art dlc or something. Especially if you can toggle it on or off there would be no hurt.
    GuboSmilingSwordTeflon
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    No kickstarters for d&d games - wizards otc don't like the idea.
    Teflon
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Regarding EAX: we know it's dead technology, but back then i loved how the sounds changed characteristics when being in the woods (toned down footsteps) or a cave (echoing footsteps) or a dungeon etc (speaking of bg1 now, but it applies in all the games).
    I somewhat hoped openAL could do that too, but either i have something wrong in my config, my ears, or the effects are far less present today ...
    AndreaColomboTeflonConjurerDragon
  • YistaanYistaan Member Posts: 12
    Will save games from the original Planescape Torment be compatible with the Enhanced Edition?
    Teflon
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Sweet this was what I was waiting for all along. PST is my all-time favorite game but thanks Beamdog I probably won't go outside all spring and summer now.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Yistaan said:

Will save games from the original Planescape Torment be compatible with the Enhanced Edition?

I highly doubt it.

• DoodlerooDoodleroo Member Posts: 28
    This was something I eagerly wanted to hear:

...It took us literally months of day and night effort just to get the spells to work properly in our version of the engine...

To me, the comment by @AlexT implies, that Beamdog now has an engine which essentially integrates the functionality from BG2, IWD and PST into a single piece of code...

If this is correct, this could have huge implications regarding modding possibilities using this engine...
    taclanemlnevese
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Is the plan to eventually have all EEs run on the same version of the engine with all functionalities enabled for all games? That would be pretty massive for the modding community.
    Doodleroo_Luke_mlnevese
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yistaan said:

Saves from original PST are not compatible with PST:EE.
    taclane
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    More about spells cutscenes (from Alex Tomovic, on rpgcodex.net):

"Whenever cinematic spells are cast, the engine zooms in to the original viewport while the cinematic runs and returns to the normal zoom level after the it ends.

That way, the fullscreen visual effects look as they are supposed to and no background elements are removed."
    AndreaColombokanisathaTeflonlolien
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

More about spells cutscenes (from Alex Tomovic, on rpgcodex.net):

"Whenever cinematic spells are cast, the engine zooms in to the original viewport while the cinematic runs and returns to the normal zoom level after the it ends.

That way, the fullscreen visual effects look as they are supposed to and no background elements are removed."

Hey could we have a link to this article, so that I can post it on some other forums where there would be considerable interest.
    It's not an article, it's a forum post there, - so feel free to link this forum.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Planescape Torrent for IOS is 9.99 $ while the PC version is 19.99 $
    Why?
    If I remember correctly in BGEE and BG2EE you could buy sone DLC like NPC and portraits so you reach something similar to the same price of the PC version, but in PSTEE there are no new NPC and you can't change portrait to TNO.
    What's the trick?
    _Luke_DJKajuru
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    When will the manual be available?
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    Quick question. If preordered when does the game show up in the Beamdog client? Would it be release day? I preordered a few days ago but can't see the game in the client and just wanted to make sure something didn't go wrong.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    I pre ordered also . Can I use the beamdog client with bgee,bg2ee, and iwdee or do I have to download a new client
  • iRemol89iRemol89 Member Posts: 15
    Do you think that OST by Morgan will be available on CD, not only digital?
    Teflon
    JiveOne said:

Quick question. If preordered when does the game show up in the Beamdog client? Would it be release day? I preordered a few days ago but can't see the game in the client and just wanted to make sure something didn't go wrong.

It should be available at the game's launch.

I pre ordered also . Can I use the beamdog client with bgee,bg2ee, and iwdee or do I have to download a new client

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/03/introducing-brand-new-beamdog-client.html
    iRemol89 said:

There're no plans for PST:EE and OST on CDs/DVDs.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    iRemol89 said:

The Digital OST is also being offered in FLAC as well as well as MP3.

If you want to DIY your own CD, the FLAC tracks are "CD Quality" and there are plenty of utilities out there to create a physical copy.

JuliusBorisovTeflonjackjack
  • GabrielFerreiraGabrielFerreira Member Posts: 1
    Is there any possibility of a Brazilian translation of this wonderful game?
    DJKajuru
    Translations into languages other than German, French, Polish and Korean are the subject we're trying to find solutions for. More news as we have it.
    rede9Teflon
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    Edvin said:

vanatos said:

Good 2D art is always timeless, but 3D rendering from the late 1990's is...an interesting historical artifact to put it charitably.

I totally agree.
    Good 2D art always rule supreme! (just like Drow)

In the book Annah is described as having beige skin, six functional fingers on each hand, thin black lips that barely frame her wide mouth (which is filled with a chaotic jumble of squared-off teeth and pointed fangs), white hair that covers her head like lamb's fleece in inch-thick curls, and slits of skin instead of ears.

Has the book been merciless with Annah like God with the Smurfs or has the game been generous with her?
    Post edited by rede9 on
  • ccunning1ccunning1 Member Posts: 18
    Man, you beamdog guys playing it safe or what? I'm still buying it, but at least make a few established changes.
    Teflon
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    ccunning1 said:

Man, you beamdog guys playing it safe or what? I'm still buying it, but at least make a few established changes.

They would probably be crucified if they did.
    themazingnessmlneveseAyiekieTeflon