Skip to content

Question about Evil Chracters ''only'' weapons / armor (items) in IWDEE

As the titles says , is there any gear that requires you to be EVIL (i'm planning evil - neutral party) and as i remember there was a Paladin Long Sword - can Blackguards equip it , or is thee an equivalent for like the new 2hander in BG2EE for them?
Kenji

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    as far as I can recall I don't think any item requires you to be strictly evil to use, there are lots of items that can't be used by chaotic or lawful, and some that can't be used by good or evil, so that is why I always try my best to be true neutral, if you are true neutral you can basically use any of the alignment items except for the ones that require you to be good ( like the belt that orrick sells you)

and I don't think there is an evil version of the paladin sword, and only paladins of good alignment can equip pale justice
    Vithar
  • VitharVithar Member Posts: 70
    sarevok57 said:

as far as I can recall I don't think any item requires you to be strictly evil to use, there are lots of items that can't be used by chaotic or lawful, and some that can't be used by good or evil, so that is why I always try my best to be true neutral, if you are true neutral you can basically use any of the alignment items except for the ones that require you to be good ( like the belt that orrick sells you)

and I don't think there is an evil version of the paladin sword, and only paladins of good alignment can equip pale justice

Cool thanks , i just started Good + Neutral Party on Insane and after i finish the game i will do the Evil Campaign!
    sarevok57
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Vithar said:

sarevok57 said:

Cool thanks , i just started Good + Neutral Party on Insane and after i finish the game i will do the Evil Campaign!
    If you're doing strict power-gaming, it's advantageous to have the entire party be the same alignment so the Cleric's Righteous Wrath of the Faithful spell enters Crazy Go Nuts Mode!(tm). Normally the spell gives +1 THACO, +1 damage, and +1 saves, but if characters are of the same alignment as the cleric it grants +2 THACO, +2 damage, +2 saves, and an extra attack per round. Causes fatigue at the end, though, which can be a problem if you don't plan on resting, (fatigue will *wreck your day* in IWD).

Typically, the best alignment would be NG so your cleric has access to the best heal spells, you have access to the best belt in the game (which is for good-aligned characters only), and you aren't locked out of any of the "non-lawful only" or "non-chaotic only" gear.

I believe but am not certain that all summoned monsters in the game count as True Neutral, so an "All TN" run-through would also be viable if you wanted Crazy Go Nuts Mode!(tm) on your summons, as well. But I'm not 100% positive on that. (TN is also useful if you plan on bringing Druids to the party, and Druids also have the advantage of being immune to fatigue at higher levels. Also, one Gnome or Halfling character per party can become immune to fatigue thanks to the Helm of the Trusted Defender for sale in Kuldahar.)

Ultimately, though, strict power-gaming is hardly required, and a mix of alignments will give you access to a wider suite of gear choices.
    Vitharsemiticgoddess
  • VitharVithar Member Posts: 70
    SomeSort said:

Vithar said:

sarevok57 said:

If you're doing strict power-gaming, it's advantageous to have the entire party be the same alignment so the Cleric's Righteous Wrath of the Faithful spell enters Crazy Go Nuts Mode!(tm). Normally the spell gives +1 THACO, +1 damage, and +1 saves, but if characters are of the same alignment as the cleric it grants +2 THACO, +2 damage, +2 saves, and an extra attack per round. Causes fatigue at the end, though, which can be a problem if you don't plan on resting, (fatigue will *wreck your day* in IWD).

Typically, the best alignment would be NG so your cleric has access to the best heal spells, you have access to the best belt in the game (which is for good-aligned characters only), and you aren't locked out of any of the "non-lawful only" or "non-chaotic only" gear.

I believe but am not certain that all summoned monsters in the game count as True Neutral, so an "All TN" run-through would also be viable if you wanted Crazy Go Nuts Mode!(tm) on your summons, as well. But I'm not 100% positive on that. (TN is also useful if you plan on bringing Druids to the party, and Druids also have the advantage of being immune to fatigue at higher levels. Also, one Gnome or Halfling character per party can become immune to fatigue thanks to the Helm of the Trusted Defender for sale in Kuldahar.)

Ultimately, though, strict power-gaming is hardly required, and a mix of alignments will give you access to a wider suite of gear choices.
    I already completed the game but still thanks for the response and tips dude.
    As priest i used Tempus with the Chaos of Battle and My Sorc was buffing with Emotion:Courage as well.
    After i finish my BG series solo project i will sure for 2-3 Men IWD run with multi - classes that feature Druid!
  • alithegreatalithegreat Member Posts: 24
    There is an +1 STR ring which requires you to be non-good.
    Vitharsemiticgoddess
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited June 2017
    And the Bone Marrow Belt and Two-Handed Sword +3: Bane are unusable by good characters. Both are random drops.

And the Bone Marrow Belt and Two-Handed Sword +3: Bane are unusable by good characters. Both are random drops.

So is the Giving Star, which is a fixed item sold by Conlan and one of the better morning stars in the game, (provided you can afford it).
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    Being evil isn't about wielding some sword, it's about bullying that silly Easthaven fisherman and his siren girlfriend!
    ShikaoContemplative_HamsterMathsorcerer
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Kenji said:

Being evil isn't about wielding some sword, it's about bullying that silly Easthaven fisherman and his siren girlfriend!

And pastry. Delectable puff pastry.
    Kenji
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The Staff of the Hanged Man's Glee obtained in Trials of the Luremaster is only usable by evil characters.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    The Diseased Halberd cannot be used by good characters iirc
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    is it ppossible to play evil in iwd? Does it change the ending too... or is just silly stuff able to be done by players?
    Arthas said:

is it ppossible to play evil in iwd? Does it change the ending too... or is just silly stuff able to be done by players?

What do you mean by "play evil"? If you mean murder everyone just to murder everyone, then no, that'll break some quest lines. But that's not really "evil" so much as it's psychopathic.

But if you think an "evil" person is one who doesn't believe in helping others and cares only about pure personal profit... then sure. I mean, you're stranded in a village, so whether you're motivated to save the villagers or to save yourself, the path is largely going to be the same either way.

No, it doesn't change the ending.