Skip to content

Ship Date Delay

Comments

• TreyolenTreyolen Member Posts: 235
    @APhantasm It is done. They just did it. They didn't want to do it that way. But the decision needed approval from other parties. Why aren't you blaming WotC and Atari since they are the reason that the announcement was delayed?
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    I dont think Ive ever flamed/trolled anyone in my life on forums, but Maciak is making me come close in this topic..

Like kitteh said, I cant comprehend how you call yourself a fan... If all you think the EE is is a new standalone adventure (and clearly you dont approve of said adventure), then I dont understand why youre bothered at all. In fact with viewpoint I wouldnt have even pre-ordered in the first place! And thats assuming you have pre-ordered, and if you havent you have even less reason to be bothered.

The beta testers and devs are the only ones who know what state the game is at the mo, and the testers have come forward and said theyre dissapointed too but the delay IS what the game needed.

Why would they lie?? And dont give me some sort of conspiracy BS, as I wont buy it.

The only thing I see wrong with this delay is that they left it so late to announce it.
  • Shae_DoDarShae_DoDar Member Posts: 8
    Can I use old savegame from older version of BG? And it will be possible to make a sort of "cross-platform adventuring" so I can start on my PC, than (with a previous internet connection to download save data) continue playing offline on my tablet / smartphone?
  • APhantasmAPhantasm Member Posts: 42
    Treyolen said:

@APhantasm It is done. They just did it. They didn't want to do it that way. But the decision needed approval from other parties. Why aren't you blaming WotC and Atari since they are the reason that the announcement was delayed?

Simply because we have no proof they were the reason behind the delay of the announcement. Now if Overhaul/Beamdog came out and said were sorry for the delay of the announcement we had to get approval from WoTC or Atari for the delay then I would blame them for the bad business practice that could hurt Overhaul/Beamdog.

@Aphantasm Trent Oster has come out and said that they wanted to announce earlier but needed approval. I don't think he showed us anything notarized or sworn in a court of law. But if you think he is outright lying this may not be a product you should purchase.
  • APhantasmAPhantasm Member Posts: 42
    Treyolen said:

@Aphantasm Trent Oster has come out and said that they wanted to announce earlier but needed approval. I don't think he showed us anything notarized or sworn in a court of law. But if you think he is outright lying this may not be a product you should purchase.

I never saw that post so if he said that then I stand corrected, and the blame falls squarely on WoTC and/or Atari then as they could seriously have hurt sales of BG:EE. By delaying approval of the delay.
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206
    This thread is still going on? Sheesh. I'd think by now everyone would have learned all the facts and accepted this. Why bother with blame anyway? Shouldn't this be about whether you want to buy the game or not, not about a delay which no one wanted and over which nobody had any control? What's done is done. If you want a refund, go get it. If you don't, then be patient, but this issue has been discussed to death. I just don't understand the point of being ticked off about it any longer.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    oooooh, since the demo seems to be a bad idea, if the black pits are done, they could let those of us who preordered it play a 'final beta' that's just beta in name alone and gives us something to play while we wait. it's a portion of the new content but not all the new content and since it's stand alone, it takes out the difficult choice of 'should i play the game or should i play the black pits expansion thing......hmmmmm'

i know this won't happen, but hey, they want to give us something, we have the right to make suggestiosn and they have the right to shoot us down and watch our pitiful little ideas crash and burn like some hi res fps shooter......

ummmm, forgot what i was saying, was a fun image. anyways, trent said he wants to do something, and knowing him being so deep in the game atm, i'm sure he has no clue what yet, so why not turn this into a suggestion thread for them to read over and the best (i.e.: feasible) idea wins.

i know, i know, i need a life, but it's rare that i'm excited over a game anymore. Well, back to megaman x8, not sure what to play when i finish this. :P
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    If you all think about it this might not come in a box or retail store anytime soon and by pre order the game you will be the first ones to get the game before anyone else. they did mention too you can download the game as much as you want too and no limit also....
  • Thief_Of_NavarreThief_Of_Navarre Member Posts: 26
    Tanthalas said:

@Vonbek777

Its not something as simple as that.

I'm sure they honestly were trying their best to make the 18th September deadline. When it simply became obvious that they wouldn't make it they still needed to talk to all parties involved before they could publicly announce it.

Its bad that the game had to be delayed, but it was for the best.

Why not just give a realistic release date? Im not being snarky, just believe honest is 'generally' the best policy.. (dont quote me on that!)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Think they got their eyes open, for the huge crowd of devoted users. Then they simply couldnt aknowledge their own work, and postponed it for a few months, so the work between dev´s , mod´s and users, would actually make sence. And not become just another fast forwarded game.. Guess thtas why the non-spoken word of them in 2 days now. They are devoted... Give them a chance ;)
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    vortican said:

This thread is still going on? Sheesh. I'd think by now everyone would have learned all the facts and accepted this. Why bother with blame anyway? Shouldn't this be about whether you want to buy the game or not, not about a delay which no one wanted and over which nobody had any control? What's done is done. If you want a refund, go get it. If you don't, then be patient, but this issue has been discussed to death. I just don't understand the point of being ticked off about it any longer.

This thread continues because well....what else is there to talk about?
    The DRM thread has been awfully quiet ;)
  • analingusanalingus Member Posts: 3

@Maciak87 and @analingus: Why the hell do you guys call yourselves fans if you act so haughty? Would you rather prefer a shoddy product over one that is delayed, but of higher quality? As I said in another topic, people like you two are part of the companies rushing games out of the door no matter the quality, because you can't have some damn patience and demand your games NOW. Oster's team is doing everything they can, give the guys some rest too, will you? They're still humans afterall, and that is what most 'fans' seem to forget.

I never called myself a fan, but I do love the game. But no mattet how you put it, it is still a fact that they set a release date and then change it 4 days before kick off. And now you are telling me, that I cant be annoyed about it. Come on.
    If you buy a car and it supposed to be delivered sep. 18. Its ok for the carseller to pospone it until late nov, without you getting annoyed??! Yeah right.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    lordkim said:

Hmm why should people who pre-ordered have more than others ?
    Didn´t we get 2$ of the full price ?
    Should we now return the preorder, and get 20 $ instead, just to make us happy ?
    Narhhh, ill just wait and see...20 $ aint ruining my day, if it does yours, you can borrow them of me.

And btw, its a delay not a cancel.. !

Because pre-order is on the company interest, not on gamers interest.

If i don't have a reason to pre-order, why would i pay early for the product? I didn't loose faith in Beamdog but atm i don't believe that pre-order is anymore in my interest.

From the company point of view pre-order is early money flux, that help the project and speed up things. If Beamdog don't care about pre-order, ok, don't do nothing, but i truly believe that early money is in the best interest of any company.

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    I see your point. And i agree.. Though im not "demanding" a gift of somekind just because of a delay.
    Im a patient man.;) And i trust that in the end , they will succeed in their quest :O)
  • drnoe94drnoe94 Member Posts: 2
    Let me lend my support to you on this, Beamdog. We have waited a long time for this very awesome game to be remade with better graphics. We can wait a bit longer to have it done right. If you release it buggy or incomplete, the fans would never forgive you. I am anxious to share this with my wife on her Mac, so I don't want to look stupid since I told her IMHO its the best game released on any platform. You made the right choice!
    @Analingus It isn't appropriate to compare a basic transportation need purchase that typically costs THOUSANDS to an entertainment purchase that costs TENS. Be annoyed all you want. But some of the complaining in this thread is over the top. Ship dates slip in this industry. It isn't the only industry where it happens. If you don't want to pre-order then don't. Everyone will be ok in the end and we should have a great gaming experience in time for the holidays.
  • RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    I like to think they got some feedback on the screenshots and decided to throw more effort at it. Disappointed, frustrated, but overall just don't really care. Now if they do it again, I might be a tiny bit angry.
  • rshall89rshall89 Member Posts: 3
    cespenar said:

The game is already done. Everything you had to do was to tweak it a little bit. I don't get this delay. I hope I will have some free DLC for this.

PS. Don't even try to make BG3.

The nerve.... Probably should give this kid his lunch money back.

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Treyolen said:

@Analingus It isn't appropriate to compare a basic transportation need purchase that typically costs THOUSANDS to an entertainment purchase that costs TENS. Be annoyed all you want. But some of the complaining in this thread is over the top. Ship dates slip in this industry. It isn't the only industry where it happens. If you don't want to pre-order then don't. Everyone will be ok in the end and we should have a great gaming experience in time for the holidays.

@Treyolen: You took the words out of my mouth, so to speak. :p

Come on, guys...No need to be butthurt and cause such a drama over a game. BG:EE will come. Just be patient. Also, I don't care whether I'm an 'apologist' or whatever, I just think people should relativise this issue a bit. A delay isn't the end of the world.
  • actionjezus6actionjezus6 Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2012
    rshall89 said:

cespenar said:

The game is already done. Everything you had to do was to tweak it a little bit. I don't get this delay. I hope I will have some free DLC for this.

PS. Don't even try to make BG3.

The nerve.... Probably should give this kid his lunch money back.

I getting a bit angry seeing that train of thought all over the place.
    It doesn't matter whether you paid $2 or $2k for product , you expect it to be good. You deliberately don't buy damaged goods, shipments with delay and so on.

We can all be very understanding about the last-minute delay, we can all agree that it will make the game better, but it doesn't change fact it wasn't professional, moreover the newsfeeding about it was terrible.
    People tend to make plans according to information given. And there where none until the very end, which was a massive fail.
    So people got mad, some did this in civilize way, some didn't. But don't treat them like they are not entitled to it.
  • actionjezus6actionjezus6 Member Posts: 12

we had done the right thing.

I honestly hope that nobody thinks otherwise ^^"
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @TrentOster: No apologies needed. I can wait. I'll happily support you guys in the meantime. I know the finished product will be worth it. Make sure to get some rest too, Mr Oster. :)
  • creator1629creator1629 Member Posts: 66
    a few months ago i was already considering buying the baldur's gate 4 in 1 box set when i first heard about this project. am i disappointed that it is going to be delayed? yes... am i willing to wait just a little while longer for a remastered version of the game which i set as the benchmark for all the rpgs i play today? absolutely! keep up the good work guys
  • KouTheMadKouTheMad Member Posts: 77
    bit disappointed, but if it helps the game in the long run, so be it.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited September 2012

@TrentOster: No apologies needed. I can wait. I'll happily support you guys in the meantime. I know the finished product will be worth it. Make sure to get some rest too, Mr Oster. :)

Ditto. Especially the last one point, which applies to all the guys working on this project.

You guys can breathe a sigh of relief once this project is finished.
This discussion has been closed.