Skip to content

Your level in forum points

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
edited April 2017 in Off-Topic
@Teflon had this idea about how your forum points represent your experience points,
so I thought it would be fun if everyone could come in and say what their level is.

Now, in D&D different classes level up at different speeds, here is the table for BG.
According to this even the guys on the leadboards would only be around level five,
so I am gonna go ahead and say that we all get an extra zero on the end :wink:

If you can't decide what your class is, take this test.
(Please note that this is about which class best represents you. Not which class you want to be.
If you have arms like a pinched model you will not be a fighter :V )
(The test also includes Warlocks and Alchimist, for the sake of this thread they'll go by the same column Mages do.)

If everythings clear, I'll make the start:
I am currently at roughly 17k forum points which translates to 170k exp and see myself as a
half-orc-half-gnome multiclassed bard/sorcerer (don't ask, it makes sense, I swear).
So I'd be level 15 (bard 8/ sorcerer 7). Neat.
Post edited by Buttercheese on

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    10K points > 100,000 EXP = almost level 11 Expert

Then again, anyone having other classes than 'Commoner' and 'Expert' are not correctly representing themselves. :p
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I'd have 12010 xp and am a 4th level true neutral sorcerer.

Spells - Charm Person, Chromatic Orb, Friends and Melf's Acid Arrow

You'll really like me before I slay you!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Rogue 6/Sorcerer 5.

I've played enough NWN to know that a Rogue/Wizard is way better due to scads of skill points from INT, but for BG a Rogue/Sorcerer sounds perfect. The Vancian magic system is so constricting sometimes.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited April 2017
    16,490 XP. That makes me a fourth level sorciere (sorcerer). I think that's sixth level in 3e.

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Zaghoul said:

Still, @Buttercheese puts up an interesting idea for another quiz today :) NIce.

Thanks, I made that quiz last year though ;)
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    I'm a level 6 cleric with 39,810 xp ;)
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    Level 3 Paladin - ready to get shanked by the first orc we meet :D
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Level 3 wizard with just over 6k xp. However, I also have a great recipe for Charleston grits and shrimp, which gives me Mass Charm once a day with no saving throw.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Level 7 Mage or Level 6/6 Monk/Wizard
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    tbone1 said:

Level 3 wizard with just over 6k xp. However, I also have a great recipe for Charleston grits and shrimp, which gives me Mass Charm once a day with no saving throw.

Welcome to Team Mage!
    Here is your official pointy hat and a pack of novelty Post-It notes that look like pages torn from some ancient tome. :smiley:
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    tbone1 said:

Ah-ight now, like elves, I'm addin at least 90% resistance due to hardcore veganism (not 100% cause I like grits). :);)
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    My classes nowadays tend to switch between bard/rogue and ranger, depending on my mood of the day. So, in 2ed I would be a stalker or blade and in 3ed I would be a rogue/ranger (with level 3 swash for the INT sync).

Today I feel happy and social, so would have said Bard (blade), but the test made me a Ranger so with 47240 EXP that makes me level 6 Stalker with specialization in longswords, daggers and shortbows.