Skip to content

TNO's "to hit" ability bonus keeps getting lower.

skyhrgskyhrg Member Posts: 4
I was directed to this forum from http://steamcommunity.com/app/466300/discussions/0/1319962244124780925/

TNO's "to hit" ability bonus used to be -2 for some reason. Now it's -6, without being affected by anything. Another user had the same problem and ended up with -80 to hit bonus by the end of the game.

==Original post==
When I have my fists equipped, my Thac0 is 14 and "to hit" bonus -6.
When I have a normal club equipped, my Thac0 is 14 and "to hit" bonus -5.
When I have a Thac0 +1 club equipped, my Thac0 is 14 and "to hit" bonus -4.

What is going on...?!?
== End of Original Post==

I would love to upload my save file but I don't know whether it's possible in this forum.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited April 2017
    It is possible, zip your save and Attach file using the button above the field where you post a comment.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited April 2017
    @JuliusBorisov
    There is "some" resource causing a temporary, cumulative -2 penalty to Base THAC0. Temporary, but with a duration of 143099576 seconds (~54 years). From what I see in my saves:
    • It offered a saving throw vs. Spell
    • It first started appearing after going to the Warrens of Thought
    • It comes from a hard-coded spell/projectile/item/effect.
    • It can affect any NPC, not just TNO.
    • The effect(s) can be removed with a "Ctrl+R", if the console is enabled.
    Edit: Just tested the Ice Knife idea from the linked thread - one of its hard-coded effect is indeed one cause of the effect, and using an incorrect Saving throw. It should be a Save vs. Death(Paralyzation), but is instead using a Save vs. Spell.
  • skyhrgskyhrg Member Posts: 4

It is possible, zip your save and Attach file using the button above the field where you post a comment.

Um, I just don't see it... There's B, I, strike, numbered list, unordered list, format, emoticon, url, image url, left align, center align, right align...
    How do you enable console and how exactly do you get rid of the effects? Just press CTRL +R?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited April 2017
    @skyhrg It's between url and image url

You can enable the console following the instructions here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64483/pst-ee-console-commands-and-codes-how-to. Don't know if CTRL +R will help, though.
    1. The file attachment is NOT there for me. There's the URL and image URL and nothing in between. Why? I don't know.

2. After completing the nameless tomb, where I died a few times and ice knife hit me as well, the "to hit" returned to normal for some reason. Now it's +2...
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    skyhrg said:

2. After completing the nameless tomb, where I died a few times and ice knife hit me as well, the "to hit" returned to normal for some reason. Now it's +2...

Death works as well, it removes the same group of effects as the "Ctrl+R" command.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If the attach button isn't appearing for you you can use a third party service like dropbox.
    Our QA team has found and reproduced the bug with the loss of THAC0 caused by Ice Knife. Thanks for reporting.