Skip to content

Death of Desire (club) "Causes Stunning" not working?

This weapon says it "causes stunning", but I've been using it for a while now and never seen it stun anyone and no mention of stunning in the combat log, even on critical hits. Is this broken or is there something I don't understand?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited May 2017
    Well, according to the weapon's data, it only stuns 40% of the time so it doesn't happen with every hit. Even so, stunning in PST appears to work quite differently from stunning in BG. It does not appear to stop enemies from attacking or anything... It only to stops them from doing new actions, maybe? Like maybe it would stop a mage from casting a new spell? I don't know... I am new to PST as well, but from what little I can tell it may be working as intended and is just a really crappy effect that doesn't actually do much to disable foes. One way to find out for sure is to ask some devs like @Gate70 or @elminster.

Try this: attack your own party members and see what happens. That is what I did. The effect definitely seems to do something, but it doesn't seem to do much...
  • PlotinusReduxPlotinusRedux Member Posts: 3
    Hmm, I took club proficiency specifically to use that club--fortunately I saved right before taking the proficiency. It's still a nice club with the extra piercing damage, but I'll be switching back to the +2 AC + 1 luck fist weapon I was using, I think.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited May 2017
    There is something for stun (bolts of Acheron) so this may be similar / the same. Feel free to add a public report and I'll link them up.

Thanks

edit: although like @Tresset it works for me. Having looked at the resource there is a 40% chance of stunning, and it lasts for 6 seconds. The resource does not appear to have changed from the original game, will see if I can dig up a save to check the effect and whether any text appears. There would be no "save" shown as it is a percentage of occurring rather than a save roll.

Screenshots showing Morte stunned (left, observe his portrait) and not stunned (right).
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    Yes, the stun effect works on party members as you would expect it to, but not on enemies. This behavior is the same in the original PST. We have an internal bug report for it. As @Gate70 said, feel free to create a public report as well and we can link them.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    I have never able to seen such effect, since not used stun weapon.
    Looks cool B)