Skip to content

Barbed Club of Pain (Russian translation update v1.6)

2»

Comments

• artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    V1.4 will be released zoon, with the readme
    Aedan
    I had been a long time (I moved to a new house with lots of work, I started a study, I went on vacation) Bus thanks to @Aedan I fixed the translation and encoding.

I did it the easy way because there was never BG2 support.

So here is V1.5: The club at Spellhold Studios
    So with Italian Translation.

I hope I have some time to play in the near future because I still didn't finish BG EE and never started BG2EE or SoD
    KamigoroshiAedanlolien
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @artificial_sunlight
    Thanks a lot!
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    Will you consider making the bleeding damage conditional on a failed save? Else it is essentially a (dagger-level) weapon with THAC0+1 and damage+7 (!!) plus 7 to damage is quite a lot! You can give -2 penalty to save to make it a bit more powerful still.
    And how about making the bleeding *unconditional* if the wearer wears no armor?
    I don't know of its possible to detect of the enemy is wearing armor.
    I lowered the base damage, so the extra damage to a club +1 is not that much.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    What the hell is Chanev's Fish? lol

Nice job, by the way
    edited January 2017
    Is a magical club :p but not used in game.
    I think its from Monty Python
    raelcari
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    The modified appearance for other clubs is included in this mod?
    edited January 2017
    The modded clubs are in my other mod. You find the tread here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34524/
    Raduziel
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Awesome club. It always bugged me that I could not have a weapon to cause bleeding for a gnome cleric/thief worshipping Urdlen.
    The distinguishable club mod really adds to this as well. Great work on both.
    Thanks @Zaghoul i'm still working on my first full bg:EE run (yes only BG1, i haven't even started BG2:EE) with my Cleric/Thief. And I use the Barbed Club. I don't think its overpowered, so I'm quite happy with it.
    ZaghoulAedan
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Artemius_I Hehheh, I have not been to BG2 in a while myself, with all the new kits n things to try in BG. Adding mods has really livened the game up for me as of late,

No, the BCofP seems to be just right, even with the damage lower I found that backstabbing mages with it was quite effective as it shuts them down for a couple rounds regardless.

Now, if we could just add Chanservs fish into a snow troll's hands in Rassads quest, the clubs would be complete at last. ;)

I found another club through BGNPC Project as well that could use a little coloration or special effect if you got into the mood with distinguishable clubs again. Eye of the Storm. Maybe electric bluie-white or something. It's a bit plain looking to say the least, esp. after using your mod on a regular basis now.
    Maybe I will pick up modding soon. And if there are other clubs that need simple graphics updates i can look into them.
    Zaghoul
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @artificial_sunlight
    You should add the link for the download in the OP! :)
    ThacoBell
    Thanks to @Saigon1983 there is a Russian translation.

Download it from the OP or Spellhold studios.

If you want to contribute a translation in your own language, please do :)
    Zaghoul
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    This innocuous club is a mage-killer. Every time it hits, it procs the equivalent of a 2 rnd insect storm on any living target. In the hands of a fighter who uses club, it trivializes hardcore SCS mage duels, as it even procs through stoneskin. Because it is non-magical bleeding damage, it isn't effected by MR. There is no save.

I highly recommend changing the proc from 100% to 20%, and give users a Save vs. Poison. It's still a great weapon for taking down mages, but it makes it a lot less imbalanced.
  • pietpiet Member Posts: 5
    Installing Barbed Club of Pain gives the following error message: ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "ClubOfPain/S3ICL03.bam")
  • pietpiet Member Posts: 5
    piet wrote: »
    Installing Barbed Club of Pain gives the following error message: ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "ClubOfPain/S3ICL03.bam")

Sorry already solved