Skip to content

Thief Controlled Script Responds to "D" Command, But Doesn't Stealth

grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 30
I just finished BG1:EE and used "thief controlled" AI script on my thief. It worked fine, D-button changed between trap searching and stealthing mode. Now in BG2:EE I chose the same AI script, but the stealth mode does not work anymore. It DOES change between modes when pressing D, and search traps work normally, but stealth mode does not turn on, even if the character says "attempting to hide in shadows" on top of it. My thief just stands theer and there is no subsequent "failed" or "succeeded" message nor does the stealth button geta red outline or get greyed out as if a failure had happened.

If i click the stealth on manually, it works. I get the stealth message correctly on the chat window, but when it fails eventually, it does not turn on again automatically.

I have also tried toddling the "V" key ("attack enemies"/"do not attack enemies") but it does not affect search/stealth mode.

This is character I imported from BG1:EE, in case that matters.

I searched the forums and didn't see anyone post about this, but I did see an unanswered post on reddit describing my exact issues. (I stole much of his description for use here since it was exactly the same thing I was seeing.)

Any thoughts?

Comments

• grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 30
    I have rebooted and the problem persists. Any input would be appreciated. The "Thief Controlled" script is my favorite!
    I just created a new BG2 game from scratch and the Thief Controlled script works just fine. So it seems to only affect my Thief I imported from BG1. I then set my BG1 imported thief to "None" for a script, saved and closed the game, re-opened and reloaded that saved game, and then set her back to "Thief Controlled" and the abnormal behavior continued.

So it appears to be a permanent issue with a thief imported from BG1. Any way to edit the save file to fix this?
    PS: I also went back into BG1, changed the thief so she was using "none" for a script and the saved teh game. When I imported her from that saved game into BG2 and set her to use Thief Controlled, the buggy behavior persisted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The script sets a timer to know when to hide, when you import from BG1 to BG2, the in-game timer resets, but the timer for scripts do not, it is waiting for the in-game timer to exceed your in-game time from BG1.

The timer(variable) is "RR#HIDE", if you set it to 0 it will start working again. You can either delete the effect from your creature through EEkeeper or Near Infinity, or use the console entering this:
    C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1,SetGlobal("RR#HIDE","LOCALS",0))') hover the mouse over your character and press enter.
    grahamersJuliusBorisov
    Thank you!!!
    JuliusBorisov
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited May 2017
    edit
    ninja'd :)
    JuliusBorisov
    PS: Worked like a charm!
    JuliusBorisov