Skip to content

Neera HP...bug?

CheshireCheshire Member Posts: 3
edited May 2017 in New Members Welcome Area
Good time of day.

I have a problem/question.

After recent battle, neera miscasted a spell. Happens to her and after a while effects dissapear. Not this time. After this miscast she was not able to use weapons (there were little paws(?) icons, where her staff and darts should be) and she lost HP. From 20(?) down to 5 HP. Went from Gnoll stronhold to Nashkel. Effects didn't pass after travel nor after sleep. After i went for dispel magic in a local church, was able to use weapons again, but her HP didn't came back. I've spent few thousand, spamming "Dispel magic" button to no avail. Casted dispel magic with her own spell and nothing. Restarted the game - no change.

My question, is this a bug or is this how it suppose to be?

I used google and couldn't find anything similar discussions. I don't exclude possibility that this was disscussed but i jsut didn't use right keywords. If this is the case, i would be happy with the link to previous discussion.

Here is here stats. I'm playing BG:EE through GOG

Post edited by semiticgoddess on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Just go to a temple and buy a dispel magic.
    JuliusBorisov
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Also welcome to the forum! Hope Neera is better now.
    JuliusBorisovCheshire
  • CheshireCheshire Member Posts: 3

It seems that Neera has suffered a wild surge that shapeshifted her into a squirrel. That should give her the squirrel's natural attack weapon and sprite, disable spellcasting, and give her a maximum of 5 HP.

Each of these is a separate effect, but all of them are coded to be dispellable, so enough Dispel Magic spells should indeed revert her to normal HP. Otherwise, it will last for 300,000 seconds, judging by the spell file viewed in Near Infinity. If you enable cheat codes and hold CTRL-T, it should wear off in a couple minutes, as each press of CTRL-T advances time by 1 in-game hour (300 seconds) and holding CTRL-T advances time very, very quickly.

Or enable cheat keys and press CTRL-R when the cursor is over Neera. CTRL-R removes all temporary effects, even non-dispellable ones. If that doesn't work, you can try killing her with CTRL-Y and then resurrecting her with CTRL-R, as death also removes temporary effects.

If all else fails, you can reload from a previous save or download EEKeeper, which will allow you to change her stats to whatever you want.

Thank you so much for the help!Will try doing this.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • CheshireCheshire Member Posts: 3
    lolien said:

Also welcome to the forum! Hope Neera is better now.

Thank you! It is my second go at Baldur's Gate and so far i'm enjoying it. Especially all the little quests and details.
    lolienJuliusBorisov