Skip to content

Which of the following BG1 NPCs would you want me to make a BG2 mod for

2»

Comments

• GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Shar-Teel is my 2nd choice, so this poll is in "fine by me!" territory...but halflings need some love, and Alora is great!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I must admit that I've never used any of these NPC's for an extended period of time...and some of them haven't been used at all <_<

There's already an Alora mod that everyone seems fond of. I didn't particularly care for my encounter with Shar-Teel, so I voted for brave, brave Sir Garrick!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Another vote for Shar-Teel.

Although it begs the question, would you intend for her to be a pure fighter or fighter-thief dual? Having another thief in BG2 would certainly be very useful (especially one who can grand master weapons), but there are likely others here who would wish for her to remain a dual-wielding tank.

If I could make a suggestion, perhaps you could offer the option to pick between the two classes during installation? Of course, that's assuming something like that is even feasible - I have absolutely no idea how to create a mod myself.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Alora in BG2:

• ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    edited April 2016
    To see that Kagain is on the same level as Garrick... Horrendous...
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Shar-Teel. I want that amazon warrior. Great for evil groups and she could have some great banters as well.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,458
    Oh, does the Alora mod work again? I tried it a year or so ago and her dialogue was buggy and strange. Where might I obtain the mod? Maybe I downloaded an outdated version.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Vallmyr
    The latest version is here:
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=195
    Should you find issues and such, you can report them to the author of the mod.
    I do not know if it works with BG2EE v. 2.1 though.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited May 2016
    Shar-teel needs the extra love in my opinion ;)
  • LegendaryLegendary Member Posts: 53
    Honestly, of those you listed, Garrick and Alora are my favorites. To a tie. I voted Garrick, now I'm thinking Alora.
    I know they aren't super popular characters but I've always enjoyed them. Especially Alora's downright positivity.

I sometimes wander if I'm the only person who hates Shar-Teel. Her click lines sound more like a broken record than anyone else to me.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    what's going on with Shar-Teel? How is @elminster and/or @Artemius_I work going on this?
  • XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
    She was always my upfront fighter, and still is
  • TsideshowTsideshow Member Posts: 7
    Garrick, Garrick and then Garrick again ^_^
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2016
    My order...

1) Alora - A good pure thief would be welcomed. Could Kit he into a Swashbuckler (IIRC he had 2 weapon fighting)
    2) Shar-Teel - I feel she would be the RP choice. You could do a romance with a female character and have a lot of tension with Edwin in the party as well as some funny interactions with Edwina.
    3) Safana - Maybe kit her into an Assassin.
    4) Garrick - Another bard option.
    30) Kagain - We already have Korgan.
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    I must admit, I have never really had Shar-Teel in my party for any extended period of time in BGEE, and never long enough to have the romance get anywhere with BG1NPC Project installed (mostly because of the reputation requirements), but I think she could be highly entertaining to have in the party. I can just imagine the arguments with Anomen and Keldorn. :)
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    so, are you going to do it?
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    Arthas said:

so, are you going to do it?

I'd like to know as well.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Gotta go with the crabby dwarven money grubber myself.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    And let it be Eldoth then.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    I like the original NPCs you created and would like to see them all through the game.
    Problem with your list is that it duplicates existing mods. (Alora, Safana etc)
    The only really *free* character is Garrick. Maybe Safana if you give the minimal Coran/Safana appearance in BG2 a slight twist.
    Looks like Coran is not even on your list.

Nothing against Shar-Teel, I love her. But how many different Shar-Teel clones can one game have? The old game had the uncountable returns of *The One Drizzt*, anyone remembers that dilemma? Old mistakes should not be repeated.

Garrick gives you the most freedom to be creative - as he has only a little quest from BG1NPC mod, you can start expanding him in BG1 already, give him some more in SoD and bring him into BG2. Bad thing about him is that he was never very popular at all (an NPC never having been subject to a mod in all these years?) - that may be a real challenge or a *hands-off* signal.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Shar-Teel for her versatility. Another possibility for an evil thief would be welcome.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited June 2017
    [Edited for typos, it read like a script for Officer Crabtree on 'Allo 'Allo]

I see that quite a few people have not tried some of these NPCs, which is a shame. Not to blow my own horn (which is illegal in this state, unless it's done as "performance art"), but I wrote about trying some of them for the first time, or the first time in a long time, here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62822/in-praise-of-bg1-npcs

I encourage you to give them a go. They can be really fun and challenging, but in a good way.
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2017
    More love to Bards so my vote goes to Garrick
    And more because of your [MOD] Bardic Wonders v0.3 (Troubadour bard kit + item pack) so those two mods should(could) have some synergy.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

Looks like Coran is not even on your list.

that's because he already has a mod.

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Since this thread was necro'ed to life again I thought a comment was warranted as well.
    Just a thought, but current NPC's in the game that are not join-able to the party is also a nice idea. It brings to life a character we know a little about but then fleshes them out into a party member. There have been a few done but I have enjoyed them and was a really nice change. The last I tried was Tenya by @Coutelier . A really great addition to someone I knew could have great potential. There are lots of these types of characters in the game just waiting to come to life. B)