Skip to content

How to mod Freedom of Movement and Haste with DLTCEP?

Livegood118Livegood118 Member Posts: 48
Hi everyone,

I've got two questions and was wondering if anyone here could help me:

1. I want to mod the haste spell so that characters do not incur a fatigue penalty after it expires. After I've opened each iteration of the spell up in DLTCEP, what do I have to change? (You remove an opcode right? – maybe I could compare the haste effect from the spell vs the potion)

2. I would like to mod the "Freedom of Movement" effect on items (namely: Flail of Ages +5, Firecam Armor, Ring of Free Movement - can't think of many important others). What do I need to change to do this?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments

• badungubadungu Member Posts: 53
    1. Delete all effects with opcode #93

2. What do you want to modify? The Protection from opcode (#101) against haste (#16)?
  • Livegood118Livegood118 Member Posts: 48
    badungu said:

1. Delete all effects with opcode #93

2. What do you want to modify? The Protection from opcode (#101) against haste (#16)?

Wonderful thanks.

Sorry I wrote this when I was heading out the door - yes, I want to stop them from interfering with haste and improved haste.

Should I get rid of 101 or 16 or both?
  • badungubadungu Member Posts: 53
    Hmm, I think these items didn't got opcode #16 but got several opcodes #101, all these #101s protect against different things like slow (#40), paralyze(#109), web (#157),.... and haste (#16) and I think you only want get rid of the one with haste... ;)
    Gotcha. Thanks for the help!
    Hi Mate - I've finally gotten round to getting rid of all of the Opcode 101 tied to 16 on the Free Action spell but it still doesn't work in game. Any ideas?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited June 2017
    It might be due to opcode 206, which grants immunity to certain spells. Maybe Free Action grants immunity to the Haste mage spell as well as the haste opcode.

Give us a screenshot of the effects in DLTCEP and we might be able to see the problem.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591

It might be due to opcode 206, which grants immunity to certain spells. Maybe Free Action grants immunity to the Haste mage spell as well as the haste opcode.

Give us a screenshot of the effects in DLTCEP and we might be able to see the problem.

Yes, since if FA gave only immunity to effect:Haste, you'd still suffer from fatigue afterwards :)
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Haste immunity--included as part of free action--is immunity (101) to the haste opcode (16), prevention (169) of the haste icon (38), and explicit spell immunities (206) to spin572, spin828, spra301, and spwi305. Those last two spells are the regular haste spell,, stalker and arcane versions respectively.

Free action itself needs 50+ effects to do correctly.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Oh, and the even simpler solution is that Miloch's PnP Free Action already does this.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    CamDawg said:

Oh, and the even simpler solution is that Miloch's PnP Free Action already does this.

It also (afaik) adds immunity to Stun effects to FA. I've noticed this was removed from EE versions, yet Fixpack had this as an optional component. Is there a general consensus on this matter, and if not, maybe add this to Tweaks?
    Ah wonderful. Think I'll go with the PnP Free Action mod – save me from ballsing anything else up in DLTCEP :)