Skip to content

Can you change Tweaks components after installing SCS?

Hi all, I recently installed SCS. I had previously installed Tweaks Anthology in BG1EE, and the old Tweak Pack in BG2EE. I'm playing the latest EE versions. My question is this: can I still go back and change Tweaks components/options now that SCS is installed, or will that muck up my game? Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    It's generally recommended not to change any mods when you have a game in progress, but I've done it many times without issues. Weidu uninstalls all the mods/components that come after the tweak you add/reinstall/delete, and automatically reinstalls them when you're done modifying your tweaks.
    In the case of SCS this shouldn't give you any issues because that mod only affects creature/item/spell behavior but not locations, or the story. There's one exception I can think of: the component that moves some items from SoA into ToB. If you reinstall SCS when you already have those items in ToB, you might find another copy of them (not sure though).
    It's the reinstalling of quest mods, item randomiser etc that are more likely cause problems with active games.
    OrlonKronsteenJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    KuronaOrlonKronsteenThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Above answers have already highlighted some issues concerning SCS. Fact is that SCS has (how many?) a large number of components, some dependent and some independent, some providing full backup some not, plus a number of operations done in stratagems_external. Install/Re-install success would depend on your composition of SCS components.
    I consider myself a veteran mod player and I have done a large number of installs including such operations - I would never do such a thing with SCS, the results and dependencies are nearly unforeseeable. And by the way, it probably takes longer than a new installation.
    In addition, just out of curiosity, why would you uninstall Tweaks on behalf of SCS?
    OrlonKronsteenJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BlackravenThacoBellJuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteen
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    edited June 2017
    @PaulaMigrate I wasn't going to uninstall Tweaks, I was wondering if I could change, add or remove individual Tweaks components after SCS was installed. For instance, I installed Tweaks with the Happy Patch component. Then I installed SCS. Later I got to wondering what would happen if I wanted to remove Happy Patch, change the specific Happy Patch configuration or add a completely different component, say - as a hypothetical example - allowing Cromwell to make Watcher's Keep items. So my question was whether you could go back and make changes like this with Tweaks after SCS had been installed.

Edit: ninja'd by @subtledoctor
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    I assume you want to "replace" the old Tweakpack with the newer version?
    You can (maybe, haven't tried) simply install new CDTweaks over SCS w/o much hassle (components you want), I don't think it will ruin or uninstall anything, given that (I assume) CDTweaks uses a different .tp2 file alltogether.
    The problem would be if you'd want to reinstall some old Tweaks components.
    OrlonKronsteen
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    @Aasim No, I've no desire to install the new Tweaks yet, as the old one is working fine for my purposes. I mean, next time I do a reinstall of the game (probably with the next patch, unless something goes awry or I really want to make drastic changes in my Tweaks set up) I'll install the new one for sure, but for now I'm ok.