Skip to content

Choose your party by your alignment range.

DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
Hey ya!

Just for fun, what choices would you make if you had to choose your party by alignment same as in ToEE?
The rule is that you can only choose companions that are either the same aligment or vertically or horizontally attached to yours.

For instance: A Lawful Good character can only have Lawful Good, Neutral Good and Lawful Neutral characters in his party, while a True neutral character can have TN,LN, NG,CN and NE allies.

Here's a picture to make your choice easier, don't forget to justify your answer!

1. Choose your party by your alignment range.54 votes
    1. Lawful Good
        7.41%
    2. Neutral Good
      20.37%
    3. Chaotic Good
        5.56%
    4. Lawful Neutral
        5.56%
    5. True Neutral
      14.81%
    6. Chaotic Neutral
        9.26%
    7. Lawful Evil
        9.26%
    8. Neutral Evil
      18.52%
    9. Chaotic Evil
        5.56%
    10. Other
        3.70%
dustbubsyBlackravenJuliusBorisovZaghoulStummvonBordwehrIsewein

Comments

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Powergamer in me screamed "GO NEUTRAL!". ;)
    tbone1
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited June 2017
    @Artona Yeah, but you're missing on Edwin. Powergaming and Edwin are pretty much synonyms. Thus, Neutral Evil all the way !!! Plenty of thieves, mages, clerics, strong fighters, that seems to be the best bet, in my opinion.
    Artonasarevok57tbone1Moradin
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Truth be told, I'd probably be most comfortable with Neutral, because I like to have variety to choose from. But I usually end up with companions for corresponding alignments to mine anyway.
    Arctodus
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Lawful Neutral.
    Xan is doomed anyway. After his demise I'll just get on doing a solo run. :p
    tbone1Sunderdeltago
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Just me and Xan, against the world. Two best friends on a doomed and hopeless quest, like Frodo and Samwise, except without the happy ending.
    tbone1DJKajuru
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Kind of weird there are so many True Neutral characters, I would have expected that alignment to be exceedingly rare.
    semiticgoddess
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I picked lawful neutral so I can pick kagain, yeslick, edwin and branwen s2
    Blackraventbone1
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2017
    Xzar, Shar-Teel, Montaron, Tiax and Kagain. I like to dual Xzar to Cleric so I just have to play a mage of some sort (I usually do anyways) and we're ready to wreck stuff.
    Blackravensarevok57
  • SyndareeSyndaree Member Posts: 56
    Definitely neutral for me. The only character I'd miss not having would be Kivan.
    DJKajuru
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    DJKajurutbone1
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Remember party conflicts everybody. Tiax and Quayle, Eldoth and Shar-Teel, Kagain and Yeslick etc...
    DJKajuru
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I would miss out on Eldoth, but chaotic is the way to go.
    BlackravenArneb
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Chaotic Neutral for a partyers' party with Garrick, Safana, Coran, Xzar, and Alora, led by a flirty, charismatic, Tymora worshiping female Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Bhaalspawn.
    DJKajurusemiticgoddess
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited June 2017
    I'd end up playing a variety of protagonists with a variety of parties, just as always. The new rule would simply restrict the possibilities and rule out a few combinations which I might otherwise enjoy, thus reducing replayability.
    Post edited by Gallowglass on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    for me, I would use kagain, shar-teel, viconia, montaron and Edwin, solid team, and then I would be something like a half-orc berserker just for the extra kick in the pants, infact, this sounds like another run I should play soon, at least after I finish my human swashbuckler dualed over to fighter run in SoA....
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    @SomeSort ah, I see you, too, are familiar with the Way of Tiax!
    edited June 2017
    (Sorry, posted in error.)
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I'm fine with what's shown in the pictures for this set, though I would make the change of allowing Jaheira, because she acts much more Neutral Good than just plain Neutral.
    ThacoBellDJKajuru
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Had to go Neutral Good. This allows access to most of my favorite characters: Kivan, Alora, Branwen, Yeslick. I've also grown to like Faldorn recently since I finally tried her.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    With these options, I'd rather go solo or create my own party members. How can I go without Alora and Xan in the same party?
    ThacoBell
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    dorn and viccy tipped the vote for me
    Hey, @DJKajuru - I've just noticed that, in your graphic, Baeloth isn't an option.
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    Neutral evil. I like Dorn, Viconia, Kagain, and Shar Teel. I somehow don't like Edwin or Baeloth though, and would rather have Neera.

I'd end up playing a variety of protagonists with a variety of parties, just as always. The new rule would simply restrict the possibilities and rule out a few combinations which I might otherwise enjoy, thus reducing replayability.

Indeed, but let's not forget that there's a logic behind it - in a world ruled by law/chaos and good/evil people are more likely to work with those with similar ideals . I sure love shar teel as a character, but in real life I would never get along with a psychopat like her.

With these options, I'd rather go solo or create my own party members. How can I go without Alora and Xan in the same party?

Unlike what I wrote to Gallowglass, I do believe that Alora and Xan might get along simply because Alora is quite flexible and Xan is, for the lack of a better word, too passive ("we're all doomed").However, It is undeniable that they're tremendously different from each other.

Hey, @DJKajuru - I've just noticed that, in your graphic, Baeloth isn't an option.

Sorry, I completely forgot Baeloth!

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    This because I like playin with the supposedly mentally deranged & impulsive (Xzar & Tiax, +Monty), as they often have moments of insight. Plus, I get to watch two fellow gnomes (Tiax and Qualye) duke it out for the title belt. It also includes those that like bloodshed the most (Dorn & Shar-Teel), fits with a play through I enjoy greatly. B)
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    What would a title belt look for gnomes? And would it have a shield spring-mounted onto a codpiece?
    ThacoBellZaghoultbone1
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Hehheh. Well in THIS case, these dudes are far to out there for a simple lookin trophy.Probably for one gnome, the loser's nose bronzed and mounted on a head strap facing backwards (to keep em guessin'). For the other, the loser's brain pickled in a jar, hanging like a spider plant among the rest of his collection of abnomally small brainpans, with measurements showing how much smaller and less amazing they actually looked. :D
    JumboWheat01dustbubsy
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Can I change my choice?

Chaotic Evil, then can have Kivan or Coran.

Surely having a good archer in BG tips the powergaming scales?

Can I change my choice?

Chaotic Evil, then can have Kivan or Coran.

Surely having a good archer in BG tips the powergaming scales?

You'd have to be chaotic neutral to have Kivan or Coran, though.