Skip to content

Transfering Green Dragon Armor To BG2EE

RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
Is that possible? How can I do it?

I know that there's no way ingame to do so, but it breaks my heart to permanently loose the very first armor made of a beast I've slain.

Thanks!

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Raduziel said:

I know that there's no way ingame to do so, but it breaks my heart to permanently loose the very first armor made of a beast I've slain.

Thanks!

Where is it? Bgee? Iwdee?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Raduziel said:

Thanks!

It's the armor you forge in SoD with the green dragon scales.

It's resource code is BDLEAT05 and the correct name in Dragonscale Armor

Thanks, @Grammarsalad !
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    The item resource doesn't exist in BG2:EE.

You can install and play EET. Since it provides continuous gameplay from BG1 all the way up to ToB, you can simply import it via game console or EE Keeper.

Otherwise, it shouldn't be too difficult to copy the necessary item resources (ITM, BAM/PVRZ) and create a small mod out of it.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited June 2017
    there's a mod for eet that puts the items in irenicus' dungeon, behind the golem...i don't have the link right now

link: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28161&page=45#entry248474
    Raduziel said:

Raduziel said:

Thanks!

It's the armor you forge in SoD with the green dragon scales.

It's resource code is BDLEAT05 and the correct name in Dragonscale Armor

Thanks, @Grammarsalad !
    There are other options, as already mentioned, but this is relatively easy to add to the game, and then add to a store or enemy if that is what you want. A couple of things: where are you In bg2ee? I don't believe that you can add it to an area you have already visited in game (or you can, but it won't show in that game)...actually, first: are you going to use one of these other options?
    edited June 2017
    @Grammarsalad

My plan was to add this to the game file and EEKeep into my inventory. Nothing fancy.

I pretty much ended every quest in Athkatla for chapter 2. Moving to D'Arnise now.

I don't know what is EET, can someone explain to me like I was five?

Thanks!
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Raduziel said:

I don't know what is EET, can someone explain to me like I was five?

Thanks!

Did you ever use BGT in the old BG version?

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) is a modification for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition that merges whole saga into one game and provides continuity between the events of Baldur's Gate, Tales of the Sword Coast, Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal and Siege of Dragonspear expansion (also for both Black Pits adventures).
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27752
    Never used BGT.

I was reading the readme and it says something about Big World Setup. Don't know what that's about either.

My game is heavily modded (basically item packs, kit packs, aTweaks, IWD spells pack, quest packs like UB and SCS - no big overhaul except for Rogue Rebalancing) and I always installed the mods one by one.

Feeling kind of stupid right now. WTH is Big World? Do I need to reinstall my game? Restart a new game? If so, from BGEE or BG2EE is fine enough? Can I use any mod with this Big World/EET? It will keep my NPCs as they were in BGEE (I always need to edit them using EEKeeper)? Every single item is kept? Doesn't it make BG2EE too easy?

Sorry for the tons os questions, was catch kind of off guard by these things.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited June 2017
    Big World Setup = BWS is a tool that helps to download and install mods for various games. You select which game you want, you can make your choice about either mod selections or your own composition of mods. The tool will help you to detect conflicting mods or other inconsistencies, will download the mods for you and will automatically install them in a correct order.
    More details are here
    https://forums.beamdog.com/profile/BigWorldSetup

Remarks - BWS makes an EET install easier but EET can be installed manually as well.
    To use either BWS or EET you need to start from a clean install of the original game(s).
    EET is played from the BG2EE side, after having imported the BGEE and SoD and related mods.
    EET provides automatic transitions between the original game parts.

1. Can I use any mod with this Big World/EET?
    2. It will keep my NPCs as they were in BGEE (I always need to edit them using EEKeeper)?
    3. Every single item is kept?
    4. Doesn't it make BG2EE too easy?

1. Most - a list is here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741#entry240673
    2. If you had an NPC in your BG1-part party and this NPC is also part of BG2/ToB, then the NPC will appear in the BG2 part with the stats, level, spells etc gained in BG1 with you instead of the BG2-version of the NPC. Unless the NPC died (except Imoen + Edwin).
    3. No. But you can install additional mods that e.g. transfer some items from your SoD end into Irenicus Dungeon.
    4. Again, there a mods that attempt to balance the extra points/levels you gain through BG1 + SoD and manage the level you gain by BG2 start. Furthermore, mods like SCS are installed for the complete game, i.e. you have a single set of rules throughout.
    Will definitely try this on a new run.

Thank you guys very much for your patience.

@subtledoctor Can you PM me the details of how to do this import? When I need to alter one thing or two in items I use DLTC - never used NearInfinity. Thanks!
    Errr...

Do you guys really think that it is easier to install mods using BigWorld?

I'm trying for two hours to get an installation done and no success. Probably I'm doing something wrong but have no idea what.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Raduziel said:

Errr...

Do you guys really think that it is easier to install mods using BigWorld?

I'm trying for two hours to get an installation done and no success. Probably I'm doing something wrong but have no idea what.

Maybe because Spellhold Studios is currently down and the program can't access the mods there?
    Maybe.

But it also highlights conflicts I've never experienced in a manual install.

The more probably answer is that I'm doing something stupid.

About EET: I need to install this before or after the item pack mods in BGEE?

Thanks.
    Raduziel said:

Maybe.

But it also highlights conflicts I've never experienced in a manual install.

It highlights them - they were there before but you did not (yet) see them. Or you saw the resulting bugs but did not know they came from conflicting mods.
    Raduziel said:

About EET: I need to install this before or after the item pack mods in BGEE?

Thanks.

It installs after EET which is the first mod you would install on the BG2EE side.
    @PaulaMigrate

Here is what I did so far:

1) Clean BGEE + SoD Install

2) Clean BG2EE Install

3) Modmerge BGEE/SoD

4) Installed EET

Now I can't install any mods in my BGEE folder (it says that dialogue.tlk is missing) and several mods that I used to install in BGEE folder can't be installed in BG2EE folder (like Thalantyr's Item Upgrade Mod).

Can you pinpoint what am I doing wrong here?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Damn, here I go again.
    edited June 2017
    Raduziel said:

Damn, here I go again.

Roughly this order
    1) Clean BGEE + SoD Install

2) Clean BG2EE Install

3) Modmerge BGEE/SoD (Gog or steam games)

4) BGEE mods, the ones from Part1 of the list http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741&page=1 referenced by @subtledoctor those are installed in your BGEE game

4) Install EET in the BG2EE game

5) Unpack the mods from Part2 of the list to BG2EE (not installing yet)

6) Unpack the mods from Part3 of the list to BG2EE (not installing yet)

7) Run the BWFixpack http://github.com/BiGWorldProject/BiG-World-Fixpack (this patches some mods for EET compatibility and fixes bugs for some others)

8) Install all the BG2EE mods

9) Run setup-EET_end.exe

10) Optional, run Setup-EET_Gui

In steps 5 + 6 unpack those mods that come as exe archives to somewhere else on your PC first so that they unpack without installing, then move the files to your BG2EE directory.

For install order follow the outlines you find on the respective threads.
    edited June 2017
    Ok, I officially hate this game.

Big World Setup doesn't install anything (and SHS is back on)

Manually I can't make BigWorld Fixpack work.

I'm since 8 PM from yesterday trying to make this thing work.

Would love to relax in IWD where things are simple, but Beamdog won't update the bloody game to 2.X and it became unplayable to me.

Will try again, one last time, minimal install (only kit mods, IWD spells, and RR) and see if the god damned BWS works.
    I think that it isn't that difficult to do it manually. There is a guide here (i.e. in terms of what can be installed before and/or after eet)

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741&page=1#
    edited June 2017
    Well,

After lots os reinstalls and rage and tears I was able to use BWS (had to give up several components like TDD and NTotSC to make this work).

Right now it is installing, but I've noticed that one component (give Sarevok a proper Deathbringer kit) was skipped because "it requires ToB".

And I do have ToB.

Am I missing something here?

After this install can I try to add some more mods (kit mods to be accurate - especially a kit for Minsc - and Unnoficial Item Pack) or this will bring hellish fire into my computer and burn it to ashes leaving me looking at the screen miserable?

None of these kits were available in BWS selection.
    edited June 2017
    Raduziel said:

Well,

After lots os reinstalls and rage and tears I was able to use BWS (had to give up several components like TDD and NTotSC to make this work).

Right now it is installing, but I've noticed that one component (give Sarevok a proper Deathbringer kit) was skipped because "it requires ToB".

And I do have ToB.

Am I missing something here?

After this install can I try to add some more mods (kit mods to be accurate - especially a kit for Minsc - and Unnoficial Item Pack) or this will bring hellish fire into my computer and burn it to ashes leaving me looking at the screen miserable?

None of these kits were available in BWS selection.

"it requires ToB" is not a BWS issue but an outdated check inside the mod itself that should be notified to the mod author to correct it.

TDD for EE games requires TDDz and NTotSC has a compatible version for EET but maybe not for BGEE.

You can add mods to the BWS and EET afterwards, but with kit mods be careful and look at the readme's as they often have dependencies. Also some mods like F&P or M&G if you have them anticipate that kits are installed first, otherwise you may get odd behaviour.

Hard to say why BWS did not tell you all of the above without knowing how you configured it.
    @PaulaMigrate

Attached is the installation debug.

Those are the components that failed:

Mod: NPC Kitpack
    Component: Anomen Gains Helm Kit on Passing Knighthood Test
    Component: Anomen Gains Berserker Kit on Failing Knighthood Test
    Component: Prevent CN Anomen Gaining a Holy Symbol
    Component: Change Korgan's Kit to Battlerager
    Component: Give Mazzy a Proper Truesword of Arvoreen Kit
    Component: Give Sarevok a Proper Deathbringer Kit

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems
    Component: Make the starting dungeon slightly harder
    Component: Improved Random Encounters
    Component: Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> Original Tactics Improved Bodhi with SCSII scripting
    Component: Improved Abazigal's Lair
    edited June 2017
    Raduziel said:

@PaulaMigrate

Attached is the installation debug.

Those are the components that failed:

Mod: NPC Kitpack
    Component: Anomen Gains Helm Kit on Passing Knighthood Test
    Component: Anomen Gains Berserker Kit on Failing Knighthood Test
    Component: Prevent CN Anomen Gaining a Holy Symbol
    Component: Change Korgan's Kit to Battlerager
    Component: Give Mazzy a Proper Truesword of Arvoreen Kit
    Component: Give Sarevok a Proper Deathbringer Kit

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems
    Component: Make the starting dungeon slightly harder
    Component: Improved Random Encounters
    Component: Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> Original Tactics Improved Bodhi with SCSII scripting
    Component: Improved Abazigal's Lair

Regarding NPC Kitpack >>> they have not failed but are skipped intentionally as they are not compatible

Reagarding Sword Coast Stratagems >>> they have failed internally in SCS and should be reported to the SCS forum at G3.

Otherwise your installation looks okay. You should have fun with it despite those minor misses as SCS makes those battles still interesting enough.
    After two days of miserable suffering, I'll finally play lol.

Too bad the Chateau component didn't installed - it makes that dungeon much more interesting.
    edited June 2017
    New "problems"

After the huge installation, I was able to add some more kits* - except for Palemaster, who couldn't read the game as a BG game, all the others installed just fine.

Nonetheless, when I go to character creation those kits are not listed. They are in the game (just checked in EEKeeper), but they won't show up in the kit selection screen during character creation.

This is not a big deal, because I can just create a plain class and EEKeep the kit, but does someone knows why this is happening?

*All the Faerunian Monastic Orders, Troubadour Bard Kit, Lost Druid, Hivemaster, FG Cleric Kits, True Beserker kit for Minsc and Bearwalker
    Post edited by Raduziel on