Skip to content

[mod] The White Queen

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,666
edited March 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
The White Queen is a Colours of Infinity series mod, which allows player to visit brand new place - Silent Swamps - where something happened some time ago. Curious? Let yourself discover what lies under the layers of the mud, meet the White Queen and her servants.
The mod includes 8 new locations, some dialogues, new music, items and everything else that's needed to give you some fresh air in the game.
This quest was written according to some feedback I got. TotDG and Innershade are a success, but there are still some players who'd like to experience new fights, to spill some blood. This mod will give you the opportunity. However, I hope you will enjoy the story as well!
To start the quest buy a new book at book merchant's store on the Promenade. Because EE-related change, you must start a new game to enjoy the content.

Colours of Infinity download section
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
GodKaiserHellCrevsDaakEdvinJuliusBorisovmf2112LamaPatateimp51096454

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

There is a funny bug with EE worldmap. I think that previous savegames just don't get updated thus new area won't appear in your old savegames.

Yeah, that's because the worldmap is now inside the .sav instead of being dumped alongside it, and because you aren't having WeiDU to edit that (well, it's hard and the usage of the only .sav related function/operator in WeiDU is undocumented).
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    edited March 2015
    What is the console command to take me to the main area for this quest? I came upon this mod and your other quest mods while in the middle of a playthrough, and would like to play it without restarting. Could you provide the relevant console command to get to the swamps?

Perhaps a list of console commands to each of the new areas in your mods? For instance ISNF and such. I understand these issues are my own fault and I apologize, but I would greatly appreciate being able to play the new mod content without having wasted hours of play time in my current game.
    Post edited by Dawglicious on
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    Awesome. Thanks for this as I loved that quest. :)
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2016
    So... I got to the room with the White Queen... And nothing happens. She doesn't talk to me, I can't interact with her.... Help?

Edit: So, I had to use the Console in order to be able to talk to her and proceed:
    C:SetGlobal("WQxMainQuest","GLOBAL",8)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @subtledoctor Mine works well on Ipad. Played it two times with no problems. Fun mod.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,666
    The White Queen was just updated along with other CoI mods. Here are the changes:
    EET compatibility (continuous journal chapter numbering)
    Cross-platform support: use HANDLE_AUDIO for ogg to wav conversion
    Use EE-format TIS v2 and PVRZ area graphics (fix horizontal lines glitch)
    Textscreen for EE
    Updated Italian translation by ilot

Note that because on EE save folder may not be updated, you must start a new game to enjoy the content.
    JuliusBorisovZaghoulFina92Grammarsalad
    The mod just got updated. Now it includes a brand new worldmap icon and EE savegame patching! @swit did most of the coding! Check the original post to download the mod.
    Enjoy the thrilling silence on the swamps :)
    JarinexGrammarsalad
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Nop happy ending for this mod makes me little sad. The same can be said for your other mod with the guy that is trying to resurrect his wife :(
    Heh, stories aren't only about happy endings, but about making people feel things :) If you're looking for something cheering up, try Wilson! ;)
    tbone1
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I've got quite the opposite opinion on endings of your mods. I really like it, and the best one (story line side) is IMHO Yvette. Her destiny was really touching! Really great work. :+1:
    Thank you!
    Caszidy
    May I ask to make the mind flayer mod beefier?

What about adding some more dialogues with npc added mods?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Arthas said:

May I ask to make the mind flayer mod beefier?

What about adding some more dialogues with npc added mods?

Not Lava, but I don't think he's going to work on Varshoon again for a long time, if ever. And not sure what you mean by 'beefier'.

As for your second question: it's basically an rule that crossmod requires permission. Most NPC mod writers left the old modding forums years ago. Some have made statements allowing modders to write crossmod for their works but most did not. I did write crossmod for some of the Colours of Infinity mods for my NPC mod, Sorene. Haven't gotten around to White Queen though.
    First of all, please, if there are some questions about my other mods, use their topics or create new one, if one does not exist. Some people may believe that WQ includes some illithids and there are no such creatures in this mods.
    And I can confirm that everything what @Artemius_I said is true :)
    yup, beefier in the sense that I would have loved to have more dialogues :P.

PRETTY PLEASE
    edited July 2017
    My released mods won't get more dialogues (unless it's EE specific content, but it's too a bit unlikely) in future version as they are ready for translations, and I have other mods in development. That applies to both Varshoon and The White Queen. I released more than 20 mods - if I were to write more content for them, I would never release anything new.
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 27
    I don't know if it is a bug or not, but right now I play this mod in version6.1 and when I found the old druid who told me to follow him to his tree, I just couldn't find him. I have checked every part of the map and still couldn't find him and there was no new world map update too.I stucked. BTW, the boalisk's disease seem to have permanent effect.
    There is an entrance in that tree. You have to go inside.
  • LamaPatateLamaPatate Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2017
    Hi, sadly, I'm getting a problem with this mod, I did Tales of Deep Gardens quest, and felt it was so cool that I had to do your other quest mod.

Unfortunately, I have a problem with The White Queen mod, I see the wine collector in the Government District, I can buy the White Queen's history book, but no matter what I do with it no Silent Swaps marker appears on my map, I tried to buy the five books, to read them, to buy it with different characters and a few other things in vain.
    So before giving up on the mod, I wanted to try to teleport to the area, I searched for the area code, found it on this page (at the very end), it's supposed to be WQ0001.
    If I put the area code in the console and try to travel to it, I get in a Siege of Dragonspear area (the first time it was outside the Ducal Palace in Baldur's Gate, the second time in the Bloodbark Grove), then I assumed the area code wasn't the good one.
    So I was searching for the Silent Swaps in the big area list you get when you open the console, a huge pain since there's no possible filter and it's not sorted either, I can't be sure at one hundred percent the Silent Swaps area isn't in the list but at list I checked it several times without seeing it.

As you probably guessed, I'm using EET, I installed EET and all my mods with BigWorldSetup so everything was done automatically, I use the French version of the mod (no idea if that matters), and as I said I see some part of the mod in game, it just seems to be the main area not showing.
    Since I just read people upper, I also have to say I started a very new game after all my mods were installed, that includes The White Queen mod.
    I have to say I had no bug at all (not even single one) with Tales of Deep Gardens (by the way again thanks for such a very good mod).

So do you have any idea what could be the problem and how to solve it? Is the area code I tried to use the right one? Did you update your mod so it's not that way you get the marker on the map (I guess not since it's written in the book that the Silent Swaps location is indicated in it)?

Thanks in advance for considering my problem.

EDIT: After a few more tries, I saw that even if I was able to finish Tales of Deep Gardens without a single issue (and so I've been able to get to the Deep Gardens area), still the Deep Gardens area isn't listed either in the console and the code provided by the page I gave upper doesn't work either, so I could hope the area code isn't the good one and you could provide me it, sorry for the edit.
    What mod versions are you using?
    Also, we may need @swit as he's the master of EET related matters.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited August 2017

If I put the area code in the console and try to travel to it, I get in a Siege of Dragonspear area (the first time it was outside the Ducal Palace in Baldur's Gate, the second time in the Bloodbark Grove), then I assumed the area code wasn't the good one.

Sorry but this doesn't make sense whatsoever. Please paste this console code and see what will happen:

C:MoveToArea("WQ0001")
    It can't be related to EET since there is nothing in the mod code changed for EET game other than chapter numbers (wrong chapter numbers wouldn't explain this either). I've just tested it on clean EET to be sure. If the above code won't move you into White Queen area try opening the game in Near Infinity and see what's up (try opening the area in that program). I can't even imagine how some other mod could randomly replace one area with another.

edit: also check out weidu.log - does it have White Queen mentioned there at all? Maybe the mod has not been installed due to some error during BWS batch installation. In such case you need to quote whole "error" part of the SETUP-WHITEQUEEN.DEBUG file, which may help us finding what went wrong.
    Post edited by swit on

What mod versions are you using?
    Also, we may need @swit as he's the master of EET related matters.

I exactly use Colours of Infinity - The White Queen [4.1 BWP Fix].
    I wanted to say it in my first post but didn't know where to find the info, here I found it in the SETUP-WHITEQUEEN.DEBUG file as swit said, thanks to him for that.
    swit said:

Sorry but this doesn't make sense whatsoever. Please paste this console code and see what will happen:

C:MoveToArea("WQ0001")
    No, it worked, you're right, by reading you and trying again in game, I just understood why I ended landing in stupid places after using the travel cheat, it's totally my fault, I thought you could insert the area code in the command line and then click on the travel button, I just got I actually ended where my cursor was after clicking on the travel button.
    I'm so sorry to have misleading both of you on this, I feel stupid...
    swit said:

edit: also check out weidu.log - does it have White Queen mentioned there at all? Maybe the mod has not been installed due to some error during BWS batch installation. In such case you need to quote whole "error" part of the SETUP-WHITEQUEEN.DEBUG file, which may help us finding what went wrong.

I checked both mentioned files, The White Queen mod appears in weidu.log file with no error or related implied, and I also checked SETUP-WHITEQUEEN.DEBUG file, I see no error either (I'll provide it if anyone wants it).

It seems to only be something about the book which is supposed mark the location on the map which bug for me, again it may be my fault, I had no crash (except when hasting to get in the save menu when I had many saves in there) and no technical issues during the whole BG:EE and SoD, however the game became very instable arriving at chapter 14, I guess I installed mods I shouldn't have, now I get many random crashes (sometimes definitely random, but some seems caused by having Yoshimo or Anomen in the party but it's mod related not EET I guess) and a few not random (one during a precise banter between Jaheira and Minsc, a random banter occurring in Athkatla only and crashing my game after passing the first dialogue) except for those I'm so pleased seeing how the game works well with a so automatic process, thank you for your amazing work, I can't cease myself from remembering how painful some modding some game can be without getting a crash simulator (like Skyrim for example).

I saw if I teleport to the Silent Swamps, it works and it makes the location to be marked on the map, so is it fine this way? I mean I can do the mod without having everything broken because I use teleport instead of normal travel?
    I already saw teleporting prevent me from seeing the introduction cut scene, and my group is somehow split, it's like they were all transported to the area then four of them are on the normal arriving spot and two of the other stay on the previous location I was in when I wrote the command in the console, redoing the command on the lonely two make them appears in the Silent Swamps as well but they aren't where they're supposed to be, they are in front of a building.
    I'm sorry to be horribly generous in details, it's just I have no idea if I'm getting it the right way or not, so I give you the more information I can for you to be able to help me without asking tons of things afterwards.

Anyway thanks a lot for your answers, both of you, it already helped me!

edited August 2017
    From what I see it's not directly a book but BALDUR.BCS that reveils the area:
    IF
    PartyHasItem("WQxBOOK") // History of White Queen
    Global("WhiteQueenMAP","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("WhiteQueenMAP","GLOBAL",1)
    RevealAreaOnMap("WQ0001")
    Continue()
    END
    Using this console code works fine on default EET Worldmap:
    C:CreateItem("WQxBOOK",1,1,1)
    which means the code is fine. Are you using BP-BGT Worldmap? I didn't test this mod with it and I don't think Lava uses it either so maybe that's where the problem lays. Either way try above code - maybe you had different book in the inventory.
    Also try this:
    C:Eval'RevealAreaOnMap("WQ0001")'
    C:SetGlobal("WhiteQueenMAP","GLOBAL",1)
    however the game became very instable arriving at chapter 14, I guess I installed mods I shouldn't have, now I get many random crashes (sometimes definitely random, but some seems caused by having Yoshimo or Anomen in the party but it's mod related not EET I guess) and a few not random (one during a precise banter between Jaheira and Minsc, a random banter occurring in Athkatla only and crashing my game after passing the first dialogue)
    It looks like some mod in your installation uses ANSI charsets instead of UTF8. This is a common problem in EE mods and that's exactly what happens - instant crash when incorrectly encoded dialogue shows up (and since they may be present in random banters the crashes will be random too). There is no easy way to find which mod added the problematic text (since you can't see it because of the crash) but if you make yourself familiar with Near Infinity you could follow the reproducable conversation in dialogue viewer and figure it out that way. I'd suggest kicking out Yoshimo since if you can reproduce the crash with him it's likely some mod that added content for him (hopefully only for him and not other NPCs). Same thing would happen in vanilla BG2:EE if this is charsets related (and I can't think about other explanation if crash happens during dialogue). I don't get it why weidu even allows installing a mod if it uses non-UTF8 encoding in EE engine.
    LamaPatate
    I would also like to add that the current version of the mod is v6.2 so you're using quite outdated version. I suppose both of you should know about that.
    edited August 2017
    swit said:

From what I see it's not directly a book but BALDUR.BCS that reveils the area:

IF
    PartyHasItem("WQxBOOK") // History of White Queen
    Global("WhiteQueenMAP","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("WhiteQueenMAP","GLOBAL",1)
    RevealAreaOnMap("WQ0001")
    Continue()
    END
    I can't say, I suppose you open that file with Near Infinity or another special program, checking it with Notepad++ gave me some humanly readable names and the remain is digits and letters making no sense, thus I can't tell.
    swit said:

Using this console code works fine on default EET Worldmap:

C:CreateItem("WQxBOOK",1,1,1)
    which means the code is fine. Are you using BP-BGT Worldmap? I didn't test this mod with it and I don't think Lava uses it either so maybe that's where the problem lays. Either way try above code - maybe you had different book in the inventory.
    Also try this:
    C:Eval'RevealAreaOnMap("WQ0001")'
    C:SetGlobal("WhiteQueenMAP","GLOBAL",1)
    Wasn't sure about if I did have that mod or not, checked and no I don't, I'm sure of it because in my first modding attempts, it was always ending by crashing the game entering the map menu, and indeed, the modded game I use was appart from all my test, all the mod have been installed on an updated clean game version.
    The first code you provided give me the book, but still nothing happens so far, I just get the book the same way I would do by buying it, so no marker on the map.
    However the two other code works well, still I have no idea if that broke anything in the mod, it seems better than just teleport since my whole party appears at the right place, but I still don't see the text cut scene entering the area (if it's not important or so, I could just read it from a video then play it by myself) and I can't tell if it's broken further since I have to play it to tell (and since I just began Spellhold right now, I will have to wait to do further than testing by simply traveling and walking around).
    swit said:

It looks like some mod in your installation uses ANSI charsets instead of UTF8. This is a common problem in EE mods and that's exactly what happens - instant crash when incorrectly encoded dialogue shows up (and since they may be present in random banters the crashes will be random too). There is no easy way to find which mod added the problematic text (since you can't see it because of the crash) but if you make yourself familiar with Near Infinity you could follow the reproducable conversation in dialogue viewer and figure it out that way. I'd suggest kicking out Yoshimo since if you can reproduce the crash with him it's likely some mod that added content for him (hopefully only for him and not other NPCs). Same thing would happen in vanilla BG2:EE if this is charsets related (and I can't think about other explanation if crash happens during dialogue). I don't get it why weidu even allows installing a mod if it uses non-UTF8 encoding in EE engine.

You know the insides of the game better than I, I can't affirm you're right, but I almost instantly though the culprit of all my crashes was a banter mod.
    I checked my game files and unfortunately, there's only three dump files, they are the only crashes I had during the entire BG:EE and SoD (again, it was related to the dozens of crashes I've got since Chapter 14, just something about having too many saves or whatever related), there's no other dump files for all the crashes I'm describing you.
    I already kicked out Yoshimo who became (it wasn't earlier in the game and reloading my save at a previous state makes him become normal with no crash and no bug) utterly bugged, when I try to move him wherever I click, he just move a inch then stop like if he had reached his final destination, as I said, he wasn't doing such thing before, it must be something in my save, I suppose a wrong variable or a bad script who broke him.
    I also kicked Anomen who was making me crashing probably because of a banter, he was in the normal idle animation then changed to the battle animation (which occurs also when a NPC have to move to you to say something, even if friendly) and at this precise moment the game was crashing.
    And for the banter between Minsc and Jaheira, I can see the first sentence of the dialogue, Jaheira says something like "Minsc, you're killing your hamster right now" (in French so excuse my literal translation, in plus I don't remember exactly what she was saying) and if I press the continue button or press the space bar key, I get a crash, this banter seems to only appears in Athkatla (but anywhere in it even the sewers).
    Fortunately for me, the banter is totally random, so reloading the save and doing the exact same things I did doesn't not trigger the banter again, so I'm saved for now.
    And other than that I had a few random crashes not conditioned by what I said upper, but have no hypothesis about them.

I just understood I said "crash" all along, actually, I meant "freeze", I don't know if it makes a difference, but the game never got me back on the desktop, it was simply freezing, and God, if I was in full screen mode, I have no other choice than pressing the power button, the game stay before everything and I can prompt no windows at all, so now I use borderless windowed mode instead (which prevent me from scrolling through the screen with my mouse, but I prefer that than being forced to shutdown my whole computer).

I would also like to add that the current version of the mod is v6.2 so you're using quite outdated version. I suppose both of you should know about that.

Yes I know, I'm sorry, I was aware of it when I saw my version, but I don't know if I can update it, I thought when you finalize EET installation, you shouldn't uninstall or install other mods after it, so that's why it's outdated.

EDIT: I noticed I have many temporary freezes because of my computer material, my previous hard drive had died so I destroyed a external hard drive box to retrieve the hard drive and installed it in my computer, I noticed that no matter power parameters I set in Windows, the hard drive has a sleep mode integrated, if I wait too much doing nothing, then when I come back the game freeze trying to access to the hard drive data, no responding during that time, however if I just wait a few seconds, it's fine and the game is responding again, if I frenetically click everywhere instead of waiting, then it crashes.
    I believe this is the culprit for my three first BG:EE and SoD crashes, just the game trying to access to my saves while the hard drive disk is restarting, but I may be wrong.

EDIT2: Bad news, Imoen has bugged banter too in Spellhold, the bad thing about it is it's not a random, she always does it, but I found a way solve this somehow, by using EEKeeper, I changed the I#IMOENFRIENDSHIPTALKS value from 1 to 0, and she doesn't speak anymore.
    Still I hope this will have no other consequences than removing some modded banter, then I guess I found one mod that cause a systematic crash: "Imoen Friendship for SoA" is making my game to crash right now, probably some other as well.
    Post edited by LamaPatate on
    edited August 2017

I just understood I said "crash" all along, actually, I meant "freeze", I don't know if it makes a difference, but the game never got me back on the desktop, it was simply freezing, and God, if I was in full screen mode, I have no other choice than pressing the power button, the game stay before everything and I can prompt no windows at all, so now I use borderless windowed mode instead (which prevent me from scrolling through the screen with my mouse, but I prefer that than being forced to shutdown dmy whole computer).
    This is what I meant by crash. Freezing is exactly what happens when wrong charset shows up.

The first code you provided give me the book, but still nothing happens so far, I just get the book the same way I would do by buying it, so no marker on the map.
    However the two other code works well, still I have no idea if that broke anything in the mod, it seems better than just teleport since my whole party appears at the right place, but I still don't see the text cut scene entering the area
    This means that the version of the mod that you use had this bug (probably typo in book name or maybe not a bug but there was different way to reveal the area in that version). It doesn't matter anymore if the console code works and if having the book with the newest version of the mod works (and it does since I tested it). I would play rest of the mod normally without worrying about it.

And for the banter between Minsc and Jaheira, I can see the first sentence of the dialogue, Jaheira says something like "Minsc, you're killing your hamster right now" (in French so excuse my literal translation, in plus I don't remember exactly what she was saying) and if I press the continue button or press the space bar key, I get a crash, this banter seems to only appears in Athkatla (but anywhere in it even the sewers).
    If you have the case that can be reproduced you can now find which mod is broken by searching the text in French in Near Infinity and checking which dialogue comes right after it and then searching for the text for example with "TextCrawler" in mod folders.

Yes I know, I'm sorry, I was aware of it when I saw my version, but I don't know if I can update it, I thought when you finalize EET installation, you shouldn't uninstall or install other mods after it, so that's why it's outdated.
    What do you mean by "finalize EET installation". There is nothing special in EET compared to BG2:EE. If you are talking about "setup-EET_end.exe" component than it's always the last mod in install order but it doesn't change anything - you can uninstall and re-install it like any other mod. Of course messing up with installation is risky for ongoing game (always make a backup) but it has nothing to do with EET. If you find which mod is broken of course you should uninstall it.
    Post edited by swit on
    edited August 2017

EDIT2: Bad news, Imoen has bugged banter too in Spellhold, the bad thing about it is it's not a random, she always does it, but I found a way solve this somehow, by using EEKeeper, I changed the I#IMOENFRIENDSHIPTALKS value from 1 to 0, and she doesn't speak anymore.
    Still I hope this will have no other consequences than removing some modded banter, then I guess I found one mod that cause a systematic crash: "Imoen Friendship for SoA" is making my game to crash right now, probably some other as well.
    I can confirm that both Russian and Polish version of "Imoen Friendship (SoA & ToB) v2.2" uses ANSI charsets so the mod is broken even though the author claims "v2.2 now with BGII:EE compatibility". Unless Big World Fixpack added HANDLE_CHARSETS to it it will break the game for anyone using non-English language on BG2:EE and EET.

edit: although from what I see there is newer version of this mod (v3) updated by Roxanne that has this problem fixed: https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/ImoenEE/
    You are probably using the original one from SHS. If yes than you should uninstall it (just make a backup copy of whole game folder before doing so in case something goes wrong - weidu sometimes has problem with batch uninstallation). Once you get rid of all mods with broken charsets the game will be stable again. Based on the above case (and the fact that some of his mods have been recently updated by Roxanne) I suspect that other Kaeloree's mods will have the same problem (author probably wasn't fully aware what needs to be done to make the mod fully compatible with EE engine - again it's unrelated to EET).
    Post edited by swit on
    edited August 2017
    swit said:

If you have the case that can be reproduced you can now find which mod is broken by searching the text in French in Near Infinity and checking which dialogue comes right after it and then searching for the text for example with "TextCrawler" in mod folders.

Found it, the guilty mod is "IEPBanter [v4.2_Isaya BWP Fix]". TextCrawler says the .tra files is ANSI encoded, is that the problem then? I just have to use Notepad++ and save the file in UTF8, is it that easy?
    Another thing, I don't know if it's normal, but I prefer to ask you about, TextCrawler also says that my dialog.tlk and dialogF.tlk files are ANSI encoded, is it normal? Could it be part of my problem?
    What am I supposed to do now (sorry to bother you with that, I just don't know how to solve this, except if the only solution is uninstalling the bugged mods).
    swit said:

What do you mean by "finalize EET installation". There is nothing special in EET compared to BG2:EE. If you are talking about "setup-EET_end.exe" component than it's always the last mod in install order but it doesn't change anything - you can uninstall and re-install it like any other mod. Of course messing up with installation is risky for ongoing game (always make a backup) but it has nothing to do with EET. If you find which mod is broken of course you should uninstall it.

I can confirm that both Russian and Polish version of "Imoen Friendship (SoA & ToB) v2.2" uses ANSI charsets so the mod is broken even though the author claims "v2.2 now with BGII:EE compatibility". Unless Big World Fixpack added HANDLE_CHARSETS to it it will break the game for anyone using non-English language on BG2:EE and EET.

edit: although from what I see there is newer version of this mod (v3) updated by Roxanne that has this problem fixed: https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/ImoenEE/
    You are probably using the original one from SHS. If yes than you should uninstall it (just make a backup copy of whole game folder before doing so in case something goes wrong - weidu sometimes has problem with batch uninstallation). Once you get rid of all mods with broken charsets the game will be stable again. Based on the above case (and the fact that several of his mods have been recently updated by Roxanne) I suspect that other Kaeloree's mods will have the same problem (author probably wasn't fully aware what needs to be done to make the mod fully compatible with EE engine - again it's unrelated to EET).

Oh! I wonder why I thought finalizing EET installation would prevent me most modification to the game then, don't know why I thought such thing...
    Anyway then I updated The White Queen from 4.1 to 6.2, I will see if it works better by now (if it doesn't, I still can switch to my backup), and I also tried to install the Imoen Friendship mod version you provided me (you were right, I was actually using version 2.2 of the mod), now, I have no more crashes when Imoen talk to me, but I see nine out ten sentences are "Invalid: xxxxxx" (xxxxxx is string reference).
    I was able to find the lacking sentences in imoen2j.tra, and what I can confirm my thoughts, the sentences not showing are all those with special characters, then I don't get what I should do to prevent this new problem, I could replace all special characters by normal ones but it should have another work around than this, doesn't it?

Anyway, thanks to take time answering me, I appreciate a lot, and you already helped a lot, now even without solution, I can at least safely uninstall bugged mods if I found no other way, and my game should way more stable than it is currently!

EDIT: I must have done something wrong, the invalid text appears almost everywhere now, and The White Queen still doesn't work as intended, I will try to fix this.
    edited August 2017
    What am I supposed to do now (sorry to bother you with that, I just don't know how to solve this, except if the only solution is uninstalling the bugged mods).
    (...)
    Found it, the guilty mod is "IEPBanter [v4.2_Isaya BWP Fix]". TextCrawler says the .tra files is ANSI encoded, is that the problem then? I just have to use Notepad++ and save the file in UTF8, is it that easy?
    There is HANDLE_CHARSETS weidu function that should be used on ANSI files. Some mods may already use it so don't change anything if you're unsure what you're doing. Saving existing files into another encoding (without moving existing text out before doing so) will likely break the encoding completely. You will also break encoding if you convert charsets manually but the mod already uses HANDLE_CHARSETS.

The broken mods should be uninstalled and problems should be reported to mod authors. That's it. If the mod has already received an update that solves the issue you can try reinstalling the mod using new files instead of uninstalling.

It shouldn't be your job to fix mods in your installation - if you don't know what you're doing you will break more things. Either way before you start uninstalling/re-installing mods make sure to keep a backup copy of whole game directory in case something goes wrong.
    I was able to find the lacking sentences in imoen2j.tra, and what I can confirm my thoughts, the sentences not showing are all those with special characters, then I don't get what I should do to prevent this new problem, I could replace all special characters by normal ones but it should have another work around than this, doesn't it?
    uninstall problematic mod.
    Post edited by swit on
    LamaPatate