Skip to content

Most Powerful Multiclasses with Kits?

ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 63
I'm talking about ones that are in the game originally, but since there are only 3 that I see, I also want to discuss the ones that could be EEKeeper modded in:

Gnomes Multiclass with Kits:
Cleric/Illusionist - very strong because you can start the game with heavy armor until you get a few levels and start taking advantage of both cleric and mage spells, also wearing 1H + Shield + Sling with a mage is very strong
Illusionist/Thief - M/T but stronger
Fighter/Illusionist - never tried this, but considering how good F/M is I think this would be really strong

Modded Multiclasses with Kits

Elf
Beserker/Mage
Wizard-Slayer/Mage - ironic
Half-Elf
Cleric/Archer - can only really use slings for range, but still becomes really strong after leveling
Half-Orc
Fighter/Assassin - crazy strong backstabbing
Cleric/Assassin - crazy strong backstabbing with cleric spells, probably not as reliable BS'ing as F/Assass
Dwarf
Cleric/Dwarven-Defender - never tried this but seems like it'd be crazy OP as a tank

Let know of any other strong combos you can think of and I'll add them to the list

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Kensai/Mage and Fighter/Mage/Shadowdancer.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Necromancer/Fighter. Archer/Cleric. Avenger/Fighter. Fighter/Swashbuckler.
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    Oh yeah @WarChiefZeke fighter/Swash!
    Barbarian/Druid half/orc <3
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    The most game-breaking kit combos pretty much all involve fighters or thieves, since those are the classes that have kits that gain cumulative bonuses as they level. (For classes that don't gain cumulative bonuses, multiclasses won't be substantially superior to dual-classes.)

Technically, Archer would be on the list as well, but Archers can only combine with Clerics and the Archer/Cleric multi is a bit underwhelming, IMO. (Losing out on Grandmastery hurts it too much.) If you want a slinger, a Priest of Lathander/Fighter multi would actually be better.

The biggest kits in particular that get kind of game-breaking are Swashbuckler, Kensai, and Wizardslayer, since you can keep stacking their bonuses a lot higher than you could with a common Swash(10), WS(7), or Kensai(13) dual.

Keeping that in mind, I'd say the most broken multis would be:
    Kensai/Mage (tasty +8 damage bonus combined with Melf's Minute Meteors / Energy Blades!)
    (You probably don't need as much MR% on your mage, so the Wizardslayer>Mage dual would be better)
    Swashbuckler/Mage (up to +6 AC and Elven Chain for great AC, +5 damage for MMM)

Kensai/Thief (steadily progressing damage bonus plus UAI to overcome drawbacks)
    Wizardslayer/Thief (huge MR, easy mage disruption, plus UAI to overcome drawbacks)
    Fighter/Swashbuckler (better fighter than a pure fighter, plus thief skills to boot)

And if you got really silly and used a mod to allow multiple kits:
    Kensai/Swashbuckler (UAI, plus at level cap gets +13 THACO/damage and +6 AC)
    Wizardslayer/Swashbuckler (an upgraded fighter with 36% MR and innate wizard disruption)
  • AlmahnsorAlmahnsor Member Posts: 4
    If you want to import it in BG2 then kensai/mage, kensai/thief, archer/cleric... The archer can't gain grand mastery in slings but ranged bonuses+str bonuses+Draw upon holy might+Whirlwind>any bow dmg. However all these combos are not very strong in BGEE...
    For BGEE only the dual swashbuckler lv5/fighter lv9 is probably the best&easiest combo (grand mastery in scimitars, max proficiency in dual wielding, can detect/disarm traps and improve the other thieving skills with potions when needed, best AC, dmg, taco...).
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I don't play with mods,outside of BG1NPC, but I would think that a Wizard Slayer/Shadowdancer or Kensai->Shadowdancer would be worth a look.
    Almahnsor said:

If you want to import it in BG2 then kensai/mage, kensai/thief, archer/cleric... The archer can't gain grand mastery in slings but ranged bonuses+str bonuses+Draw upon holy might+Whirlwind>any bow dmg. However all these combos are not very strong in BGEE...

Compared to a Priest of Lathander > Fighter dual-class, the Archer/Cleric slinger multiclass gets +3 damage (+6 from his kit, -3 from losing Grandmastery), but he loses out on 0.5 APR (from Grandmastery), plus another 1 APR every time Boon of Lathander is activated. Plus he gets his 0.5 APR bonus from hitting level 13 over a million XP later assuming a level 11 dual, (1.9m vs. 3.0m). The Archer/Cleric is a hair better while Whirlwinding, the PoL>Fighter is noticeably better all other times.

Also, a bow archer will deal more DPS than a sling Archer/Cleric at all times outside of whirlwind attack despite the latter getting the strength bonus. It's all about the extra 2.5 APR with Tuigan and GM.
  • biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    Thinking of playing a PoL dual into fighter now. What's a good level to dual? 11 for the second boon or later for more spells?
  • AlmahnsorAlmahnsor Member Posts: 4
    SomeSort said:

Almahnsor said:

Compared to a Priest of Lathander > Fighter dual-class, the Archer/Cleric slinger multiclass gets +3 damage (+6 from his kit, -3 from losing Grandmastery), but he loses out on 0.5 APR (from Grandmastery), plus another 1 APR every time Boon of Lathander is activated. Plus he gets his 0.5 APR bonus from hitting level 13 over a million XP later assuming a level 11 dual, (1.9m vs. 3.0m). The Archer/Cleric is a hair better while Whirlwinding, the PoL>Fighter is noticeably better all other times.

Also, a bow archer will deal more DPS than a sling Archer/Cleric at all times outside of whirlwind attack despite the latter getting the strength bonus. It's all about the extra 2.5 APR with Tuigan and GM.
    I wasn't talking outside WW because a fighter lv13 dualed to mage can also outdps all the ranged fighters with improved haste. However, at high level WW becomes standard and you can have it available every fight if you don't mind resting.

Thinking of playing a PoL dual into fighter now. What's a good level to dual? 11 for the second boon or later for more spells?

The cool thing about cleric duals is there isn't a clear-cut breakpoint like there is at fighter (7, 9, or 13) or thief (whenever your thief skills are where you want them, which will typically be 10).

You're going to want to get to at least level 11 for the extra boon and level 6 spells. From there, level 12 gets you a second level 6 spell, another proficiency point, and an extra 1 point to all relevant stats from Draw Upon Holy Might. Level 13 gives you a 2-point THACO boost and an extra saving throw bump, though this'll usually be irrelevant as these will both usually eventually get eclipsed by your second class, anyway. Level 14 brings you level 7 spell slots. Level 15 brings you upgraded skeleton warriors and another 1-point DUHM boost.

If you're playing solo, level 14 or 15 typically make for a more powerful dual. In a party, I usually think level 11 is "good enough"-- it gets you plenty of 5th-level spell slots for Chaotic Commands, at least one "Heal" per rest period (or insert preferred level 6 spell here), and that all-important second boon. The extra stuff you gain by waiting is offset by the fact that your dual will take a *lot* longer to unlock.

If I don't need the extra Boon of Lathander, (say, you're a C>M dual who will just be casting, anyway), there's a strong case to be made for a level 9 dual, too. You'll be able to complete it even before the end of Siege of Dragonspear, (475k XP), you get level 5 spells for Chaotic Commands, and with all of the wisdom boosts available it's possible to get an extra four level 5 spell slots from wisdom alone by the end of BG2.

But for a fighter dual, you'll definitely want that second boon.
  • ZeltArruinZeltArruin Member Posts: 11
    Swashbuckler/Mage is bugged in a glorious way (at least for me), they still get backstab and a bonus spell per level without any restricted school, which makes them way better than most other Multiclasses. However you can't add the second proficiency point without using EE keeper, which is annoying, but only happens every 8 levels.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    F/M/Swashbuckler

Wild Sorcerer - more for fun than power though =P
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Beastmaster/Cleric is also really good. They can cast Animal Summoning 3, which is normally a level 6 spell, as a level 3 spell. With all the extra level 3 spell slots due to being a cleric and having high wisdom, they can cast that spell a lot.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dac0152dac0152 Member Posts: 54
    Barbarian/Thief is really fun and an awesome concept.

Stalker/Cleric is also awesome.

Swashbuckler/Fighter is good too.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Mage/Shadowdancer would be up there. Besides that I'd say Priest of Lathander/Ranger. If you have the all priest spells option enabled you basically get all the spells and on top you get an ability that lets your character max out their attacks per round.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    If using mods, Kensai/Swashbuckler and Kensai/Sorcerer are probably going to be bonkers. Wouldn't mind trying them myself.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    elminster said:

Mage/Shadowdancer would be up there.

I've played a Swashbuckler dual-classed to a mage and it was awesome. Without SoD you probably need to be out of Irenicus' dungeon before switching to have your four skills (move silently, hide in shadows, find traps, open locks) sufficiently high, but it rocks once you have both classes.

• ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2017
    Elf Fighter/Mage/Assassin is crazy op. Just tried it for the first time going Staves for the backstabbing, and Darts/Long Sword + Shield rest of the time. I considered going bow but darts seems better with poison weapon when I'm soloing and less fiddling with the shield. I haven't even gotten to use my mage abilities yet because she is constantly backstabbing with poison weapon or using Darts + Poison Weapon does crazy interruption to any mage. Also trying snares for the first time and they surprisingly do a lot of damage, although they fail a lot it's worth it doing around 10-20 damage at level 2 assassin with 40 set snare points.

I kind of want to take her to BG EE 2, is F/M/T still one of the best solo classes in BG 2? Add on the fact it is assassin it should be a little stronger at least vs mages.

Edit: I'm considering making a youtube series playing through BG EE 1 and 2 with Elf F/M/T (Assassin) cause it's so much fun. I'm already something like level 5/4/4 and haven't even gotten to the Nashkel mines yet. I raised my pickpocket skills a little early on so I could actually use the ability, and it's suprising how many glitches you can cause my pickpocketing (mainly getting double quest rewards in some cases)
    Post edited by Zagacious on
  • biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    Underfed Cleric of Lathander/Ranger