Skip to content

Can't split item stacks in inventory (BG2 EE)

Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
edited July 2017 in Troubleshooting
I've been facing this problem randomly since a few weeks. At first I wasn't bothered, but now this is really causing much difficulty.
When I double-click on stacks in order to split them, the typical sound comes up, but then the screen, where one specifies the number of items to be split, does not appear. This thing happens randomly, time and again, in the main inventory screen, but NOT while transferring items between Bags of Holding, Potion and Scroll cases and the main inventory. Another thing is that in a few cases, after quitting and reloading the game, the split function seems to work again, but not always. In the last few days, I've not for a single time been able to split those stacks.
I found a couple of threads in the Forums, which reported this same problem occurring in BG SoD, but no solution was listed there.
Has anyone else experienced the same problem? And can anyone tell a solution to this problem? I reckon that it's a random bug, but it's really troubling me...
Also, my version of BG2EE is v 2.3.67.3, if that helps anyhow.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm playing with absolutely NO MODS.
Post edited by Rik_Kirtaniya on
Aerakar

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    What OS are you playing on?
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    I'm playing on Windows 7.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please, report the bug on support.baldursgate.com, following the instructions here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs#latest.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,016
    I have noticed this same issue since 2.0. Sometimes item splitting works, sometimes not. Not sure why.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This is why it's better to report the bug and help the devs to reproduce the issue.
    Aerakar
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited July 2017
    Hmm not to cause any confusion or highjack the thread, but just wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

So occasionally when picking up items from the ground/containers or moving them around in inventory quickly, there's some inventory lag, but sometimes they also vanish completely.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Please, report the bug on support.baldursgate.com, following the instructions here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs#latest.

The process given in the thread seems simple enough, and I hope I'll be able to produce a proper bug report and submit it by this weekend. Anyways might I ask what is meant by the problem being "a typo"? (the word was mentioned in the thread quoted above)
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    Your reports will certainly help!

A typo is an error in a word, for example.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @Rik_Kirtaniya
    I've updated your Redmine report, sorry for not getting to it earlier. If sounds are not playing correctly I wonder if there is an issue there (Creative X-Fi card perhaps), so if you could provide a directx summary as requested on the report it would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
    edited October 2017
    Gate70 said:

If sounds are not playing correctly

Nay, nay, the sounds are all normal. By cacophony, I wanted to mean the sound that came after I clicked the potion stack more than a dozen times. :smiley: You know, it's like the glass bottles clanking against each other, when they are shaken repeatedly in a bag.
    Gate70 said:

I've updated your Redmine report

Thanks a lot for that. I'm checking it in a moment.

Edit: I've updated the Report as well, and have provided the necessary information on my part. Hope it helps.
    Post edited by Rik_Kirtaniya on
    AerakarJuliusBorisovlolien