Skip to content

Bug? Daxus Taralom is EVERYWHERE I go, even after finishing all neera's quests.

LoidyLoidy Member Posts: 9
edited July 2017 in Troubleshooting
He is passive, can't talk to him and he doesn't even defend himself when I attack. I noticed him in Windspear hills, on the Bridge in Athkatla, in Copper Coronet and now - and that's super confusing - in docks in front of Harper's base three times standing next to each other. (see pic.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wokhpls6bz9kocj/Baldr000.bmp?dl=0

I can kill any Daxus in game, but all other clones remains on their's place. They drop dagger +1 and give 5k XP each.

I have finished all neera's quests, believing the bug will be fixed. But nope.

It probably won't affect rest of the game (beside few XP for free), but... why? What happened?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited July 2017
    Sounds like https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/853132#Comment_853132

Are you playing in multiplayer mode. If that's the case and you have no clients you can move the save from the mpsave folder to the save folder which should stop new appearances. To remove any existing additional characters you would need to have the save edited.

hmm. Although your screenshot indicates single player. Could you zip and attach a save here please (just drop a zipped 000000nnn-savename folder into the leave a comment box and save the comment)

Thanks
  • LoidyLoidy Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2017
    @Gate70 i'm playing singleplayer. Without mods and have never used Debug mode for this play.

Attached save file is from the moment I took screenshot. I haven't killed any of Daxuses so all of them stand where they were.
    @Loidy I'm not sure why it happened but hopefully by removing the instances you won't get more arriving.
  • LoidyLoidy Member Posts: 9
    @Gate70 thank you. I was curious why could happen something like that, but it will stay a mystery probably
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    The mysterious *creature-follows-you-around* bug. It has already existed in the old game, but became more frequent with the new way the EE's handle area transitions. Some creature for unknown reasons get forever stuck in their MoveBetweenAreas action,
    You can find them in your savegame if you open the ares file of your last area and delete them there.
    You are lucky in a case like yours where you can see them.
    Worst case is a hostile invisible creature following you around and you cannot save or rest anymore because "There are enemies nearby".
    In multiplayer it can be reproduced by saving when a character is trying to move areas, and reloading that save (common ones include the unseen genie in the opening dungeon, trying to get to the lamp, High Watcher Oisig trying to get from the temple district to his temple, the mayor of Umar travelling to his house, Hayes, any number of scared creatures trying to flee an area).

That scenario cannot be reproduced in single player or at least not very easily / reliably, so there may be less common causes that lead to the same or similar result. I would hazard a guess that something like cutscenes, day/night movies, or similar might be involved.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited July 2017
    Gate70 said:

In multiplayer it can be reproduced by saving when a character is trying to move areas, and reloading that save (common ones include the unseen genie in the opening dungeon, trying to get to the lamp, High Watcher Oisig trying to get from the temple district to his temple, the mayor of Umar travelling to his house, Hayes, any number of scared creatures trying to flee an area).

That scenario cannot be reproduced in single player or at least not very easily / reliably, so there may be less common causes that lead to the same or similar result. I would hazard a guess that something like cutscenes, day/night movies, or similar might be involved.

Matches with my experience. There is hardly a recognizable pattern. I also suspected creatures send to the next exit to disappear or creatures moving to other areas combined with your party doing a transition before the other exit is finished. In one case it was a foe in panic (yellow) that was *stuck* among my party members when I moved between areas. I also had a case once where a dead body followed me around. After each transition, PC jumped aside a bit to make room for that corpse to appear at her feet (never could reproduce that one).

I never did multiplayer, my experiences are all from single player parties.
    I always use Near Infinity to repair the saved area in my savegame. It's the only solution I discovered so far.

BTW some players report these things with keyword *stalking* or *stalker*, just in case you want to search for more examples.
    Here is a recent case I read about http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59011-sandrah-saga-for-eet-bug-and-support-forum/page-29#entry595847 it contains even saves but it may not help you much as it is related to a mod added creature you may not have.