Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited July 2017
    Maybe the axe quest is from the kit tome mod? I had it in my last install.
    Post edited by Mantis37 on
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    edited July 2017
    @Wise_Grimwald Droth only shows up if you let Shoal kill a party member, hit her once or twice to make her give up, then say you will try to get her shawl from Droth. If you kill her outright, you just get the experience - which is sizable at low levels though, so quite worth it then.
    Post edited by Corey_Russell on
    AerakarCrevsDaak
    Wise_Grimwald said...
    @Corey_Russell She did. She killed Xzar. Normally I wait for her to give up, fight Droth and then kill Shoal.
    However on this occasion she didn't give up. I suspect that it might have been because the first hits were from some summoned skeletons.

I never use summons (against Shoal), and usually only have a single character attack her. Summons get in the way with Shoal, as they aren't as good as party members in backing off a target. Which often means she doesn't get a chance to talk, or she's trying to talk and a late summon hit makes her hostile, losing the opportunity.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Thanks. I've learned something there.
    Corey_RussellJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    I forgot to mention, I also make sure one party member is in melee range, to guarantee that I am also in talking range, that way the moment she is ready to give up I will see the dialog. Before I did this, I killed her as she was approaching to try to talk...
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakarJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    @Gate70 Why no portrait for Sapper? Is it something to do with multiplayer?
    Grond0 said:

@Wise_Grimwald just us being lazy about sharing portraits between installations - this is Sapper as he appears on my screen

I can understand why. Getting the same portrait images is a bit complex I think.

Sapper looks good.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Arctodus said:

"I'm a hero and I'm a librarian !" -Finch

That quote is just so awesome. Since I myself am a librarian, I started to quote Finch at work. Nobody seems to understand. Don't care, this awesomeness is all mine !! B)

The 2-handed pen is mightier than the sword?
    ArctodusJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Yeah, and it's much easier to write with !
    Grond0semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    It occurs to me that we haven't compiled a ranked list of common causes that is the bane of charnames for noreloaders to benefit in posterity.

Here are some of my own most common charname killers:

- Stinginess ("Oh, I don't need to waste a potion, I'll just wait till the Cleric gets here.")

- Foolhardiness ("Yeah, maybe I should run with two people down, but look at the loot I would be leaving behind.")

- Restartitis ("This Dragon Disciple is fine and good, but she cannot even lift a shield. What I really should be running is a Dwarwen Defender.")

How do you usually lose *your* charname?
    semiticgoddessSerg_BlackStriderJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    If I lose my charname, it's usually to difficult fights, such as Sarevok, Draconis, Ravager, or Melissan.
    YgramulJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Grond0 said:

As I normally play solo, unknown traps are a huge danger

I try not to meta-game. That means memorizing (or acting as if memorized) trap locations is not allowed. Combine that with how I never play thieves, solo is basically never allowed to me.

One of these days maybe I'll try a FMT for a change...

Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited August 2017
    "I'll just play a little longer" is what kills me. That and not being methodical enough to put together a counter to all enemy attacks - what they call the ascension kit in some roguelikes.

I find playing in an unheroic style puts me off a little, so if I'm playing super-defensive I go the whole way and RP manipulative evil types.
    Post edited by Mantis37 on
    YgramulWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Mantis37 said:

.... what they call the ascension kit in some roguelikes.

Oh, god.... Nethack...

After a year's study and YASDs, the farthest I ever got was to *see* the pulsating square.

(Now that I reflect on it, my entire RPG career had been but yearnings.)

Mantis37Wise_Grimwaldtbone1CrevsDaak