Skip to content

Is the bard song nerf in 2.1 intentional?

2»

Comments

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Also, the Bard hat in SoD is a bard's best friend. My blade enjoys it A LOT.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • fezekfezek Member Posts: 7
    @semiticgod This enhanced bard song file looks impressive; how do i use it?

Thanks
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @fezek: Unzip the folder, copy the four files (SPCL542A.spl, FJBARDA.spl, FJBARDB.spl, and FJBLADEB.spl) and paste them into your "override" folder. The override folder is in your BG directory (or BG2, or SoD, or IWD; whatever), and the location of your BG directory depends on how you installed the game. If you installed it from Steam, then it should be in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. If you don't have an "override" folder, just create one.

Once you've pasted those four files into the override folder, the game will use them instead of the normal files (hence the name "override"). If you want to go back to the old song, just delete those files from the override folder.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    @semiticgod a) you are a god; that works like a treat; and b) is there a version of this for the EBS? I tested it with my Jester who has EBS and it has the restricted/PnP range.

Thanks again
    @fezak: Attached is the Enhanced Bard Song spell file. I didn't extend the range of all of the cosmetic effects, since there were so many, but your whole party should get all the normal combat bonuses and immunities and the bard song icon, even if the bard is all the way on the other side of the map. There are some extra effects due to my mods, but none that would affect the unmodded game (they grant immunities to mod-exclusive spells, for example).

Really, it's a simple matter of changing the effects' targets in Near Infinity from "Preset Target" to "Party."
    JuliusBorisov
    @semiticgod cheers for that. A curious side-effect appears to be that when my UH is out of standard
    range he now has the benefit of multiple EBS( i tested with four EBS bards in my group). Jacked up on -20 THACO etc.. odd
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    edited August 2017
    I thought Enhanced Bard Song always stacked. Like I thought it was a strat for a Bard to cast simulacrum (through the helmet of vhailor) and then stack the enhanced bard song, or maybe I misread.

Edit: Maybe it was mislead and not simulacrum? Trying to find the source of where I read this.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Iirc, both Simulacrum and Project Image should work, does Mislead work too? Also, regardless of source they ought to stack, again iirc.
    It originally stacked, but EE rigged various spells to no longer stack. Delete one of the opcodes, Remove Effects by Resource, and it will stack again.
    DreadKhan
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Just FYI, the issue with the range of the bard song after 2.0 is a bug - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/21587
    bob_veng