Skip to content

Little things you like

We have a thread about annoyances, so... :)
I'll start: that guard in Iron Throne headquartes who gets seriously creeped out when Charname tells him he goes upstairs. It's nice to see that there are normal people working for Iron Throne.
ShikaoThacoBellBalrog99semiticgoddessZaghoulArctoduskanisatha

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    kender
    ArtonaDreadKhanAndreaColombo
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited July 2017
    Higher experience thresholds on Paladins and Rangers compared to fighters.. It's a weird one, but I don't know I just like it^^

Cashing in the Bhaal tears in hell for immediate returns: = )
    ThacoBellBalrog99Shikao
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @batoor - yeah, cashing tears feels like a first step to Ascension. :)
    Also - this music. It always gets me excited.
    Balrog99Zaghoul
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I adore the sheer number of possible classes and kits available. I've never seen a modern game come anywhere close. *Looking at you, Dragon Age*
    ArtonaBalrog99Raduziel
    @ThacoBell - yeah, it makes all those Dragon Ages and Pillars of Eternity look archaic in comparison to BG. This is where flexibility is. ;)
    As a little roleplaying thingie, I like to visit my stronghold (in SoA, of course), from time to time - spend there day or two, trigger a banter here. It makes nice "bonfire time" simulation for a party.
    ShikaoThacoBellArctodus
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    There's just something about a Jester's "song" suddenly causing a mass of enemies to turn on themselves that elicits a giggle from me.

Also, I love how each school of magic has its own ominous Latin chant. Just adds so much flavor.
    ArtonaBalrog99ThacoBellArctodus
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Narlen Darkwalk's banter, in fact all the "cant" in BG, Calahan at Ulgoth's beard, the gnome(?) who gives you the telescope quest.

Balrog99ThacoBelltbone1Artona
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I like the pop culture references. Larry, Darryl, and Darryl. Jaheira's "By your command." Garrick's quoting of English literature. And so on.
    ThacoBellBalrog99Artona
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited August 2017
    M'Khiin's gravelly voice, and SoD's new lines for the original NPCs.

Landing a Chromatic Orb in IWD, a Wand of Paralyzation in BG1, an Arrow of Dispelling in SoD, a Feeblemind in BG2, or a Wail of the Banshee in IWD2.

Surrounding a single enemy and absolutely obliterating it when its companions are gone.

The pretty pool of swirling magic under a character with Spell Turning active.
    Balrog99ArtonaThacoBell
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

M'Khiin's gravelly voice, and SoD's new lines for the original NPCs.

Landing a Chromatic Orb in IWD, a Wand of Paralyzation in BG1, an Arrow of Dispelling in SoD, a Feeblemind in BG2, or a Wail of the Banshee in IWD2.

Surrounding a single enemy and absolutely obliterating it when its companions are gone.

The pretty pool of swirling magic under a character with Spell Turning active.

I also enjoy curb-stomping the last enemy. If only it was PT and we had a non-violent solution!
    semiticgoddess
    ...especially if he/she is held. How terrifying it must be - watching your companions getting killed, while you can't move a muscle. ;)
    semiticgoddessBalrog99
  • JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 98
    i love all the odd joke characters, like Maple Willow Aspen and the drunken guy at the Red Sheaf Inn singing pub songs and my favorite Portalbendarwinden.
    ArtonaBalrog99ThacoBelltbone1
    When poison works just right.
    Balrog99
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

The large open areas of Baldurs Gate, all of the minor quests in every town, the whole design of it encourages replayability.

Agreed.

You never feel trapped in BG whereas sometimes in BG2 it can feel like a bit of a slog. Obviously SH and after and there's not a lot you can do about that. But even before, it's a bit e.g. "deep breath, lets go face the Unseeing eye, not going to take a break, gotta get through it all". Of course you can if you must, but it doesn't feel as if you ought to.

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Landing a 70-damage backstab.

On a peasant.
    Artona
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Getting that full plate mail in BG1.

The moment before entering the battle with Sarevok. Although in general I like every penultimate moment really.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited August 2017
    ThacoBell said:

Unlocking UAI for your Bard.

Unlocking UAI and Shadow Twin for your Shadowdancer. Nothin' quite like a squad of mind flayers with Time Stop.
    CheckmateSandersonThacoBell
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    tbone1 said:

Jaheira's "By your command."

That's pop culture? I don't get it.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Battlestar Galactica reference

tbone1Balrog99BelgarathMTHMortianna
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited August 2017
    Imoen's ToB epilogue, makes me giggle every time.

Ascension content: Watching Irenicus argue *with Sarevok* over who is the better villain. Seriously, its priceless.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    tbone1Artona
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Moridor's Box. Little thing leading to very big glabrezu.
    Montresor_SP
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    The Deck of Many Things.

Played around with those diabolical cards many times back in the days before walkthroughs...
    tbone1StummvonBordwehr
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    The sight of 15 magic missiles converging on a target. Preferably while in the sword coast instead of down south.
    Balrog99JumboWheat01ArctodusThacoBell