Skip to content

Is It A Terrible Idea: BG 2 Edition

TheNPCTheNPC Member Posts: 57
A gathering place for those fun but terrible ideas to do in game. To start...

Is it terrible that I want to play a Dark Moon monk and romance Rasaad?
tbone1RavenslightHalfOrcBeastmasterJuliusBorisovmlneveseMontresor_SP

Comments

• WrathofreccaWrathofrecca Member Posts: 98
    Oh to be a griffin.
    RavenslightHalfOrcBeastmaster
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @tbone1 said:
    Is it terrible that I want to see a Jan romance, open only to female gnomes and androgynous griffins?

I have always thought that poor Jan should get the girl. :)

Is it terrible that I want a way to redeem Yoshimo, keep him in my party AND a full romance track for him and my female PC?
    <3
    ThacoBellBelgarathMTHHalfOrcBeastmaster
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yoshimo is a bro. I wish there was a mod to keep him that didn't break the scripting in Spellhold. Also, full banter pack and epilogue for ToB.
    RavenslightDhariusBelgarathMTHHalfOrcBeastmaster
  • TheNPCTheNPC Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2017
    What playing an undead hunter paladin and then going through the Bhodi romance mod?

Nevermind. I thought that was an actual, but it is not.
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    I don't know if it got completed but a very long time ago there was a small Yoshimo mod that brought him back if/when you took his heart to the priest. So he still played out the same. So you used him up until you got imoen. used imoen as a substitute until you got out and then you brought him back with his heart no longer bespelled. If that doesn't exist anymore maybe some modder can take it on and be willing to finish him up from that point through tob.
    ThacoBell
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Is it terrible that I want to play a winged dwarf and romance Arie just to make her feel more frustrated about losing her wings?
    semiticgoddessUnderstandMouseMagicBelegCuthalion
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    edited July 2017
    Is it so wrong to want to use a Gnoat PC and romance Jan? What about a Dwonkey lass for Korgan?

...is remembering gnoats and dwonkeys going to get me locked in Spellhold again?
    Post edited by DreadKhan on
    LucasIDKn8
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Is it a terrible idea to wish that one of the enhancements in the EEs had been some additional restrictions on the resting system? To prevent rest spam and so resting at taverns actually served a purpose.

It might be one of those anti-fun notions that could have me lynched, but it wasn't really meant like that^^
    tbone1
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    batoor said:

Is it a terrible idea to wish that one of the enhancements in the EEs had been some additional restrictions on the resting system? To prevent rest spam and so resting at taverns actually served a purpose.

It might be one of those anti-fun notions that could have me lynched, but it wasn't really meant like that^^

Yes, I'm sharpening my pitchfork as I post. :p

Resting at taverns does serve a purpose, you don't get attacked and heal quicker, that's enough surely?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Ok, so you have a party of 6 Imoens and you mix them up so you don't know which one is going to get kidnapped at the end of the first dungeon. Oh and you give them all the same sound set. It doesn't matter which one you click on, all six will respond with a slight delay.

heyaheyaheyaheyaheyahey, it'sit'sit'sit'sit'sit's memememememe Imoenimoenimoenimoenimoenimoen right before they all backstab at the same time. Now that is nightmare mode. Why Not?

I don't even want to imagine this... :)
    Papa_Lou
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    Is it a terrible idea that I kinda wanted to see Umberlee, Auril or some other underrepresented deity get their own class kit or recruitable NPC?
    ThacoBelltbone1
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Ok, so you have a party of 6 Imoens and you mix them up so you don't know which one is going to get kidnapped at the end of the first dungeon. Oh and you give them all the same sound set. It doesn't matter which one you click on, all six will respond with a slight delay.

heyaheyaheyaheyaheyahey, it'sit'sit'sit'sit'sit's memememememe Imoenimoenimoenimoenimoenimoen right before they all backstab at the same time. Now that is nightmare mode. Why Not?

Then you run into six Noobers.

ThacoBell
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited July 2017
    Imoen 1: I need to get out of here.
    Imoen 2-6: I need to get out of here.
    Noober 1-6. Thethethethetheee villagers used to throw rocks rocks at meemeee.
    Imoen 1-6: Fidlefidlefidlefidlefidlefidle faddlefaddlefaddle (in surround sound)
    ahhhhhhhhrgggggg!
    ThacoBellmlnevesePapa_Lou
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2017

Is it a terrible idea that I kinda wanted to see Umberlee, Auril or some other underrepresented deity get their own class kit or recruitable NPC?

We have a priestess of Umberlee without (AFAIK) a proper kit:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/33291/tenya-thermidor-v1-5

And a kit without a NPC:

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1099-a-frosty-journey-the-iwdee-kitpack/
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Is it a terrible idea that I think thieves and bards should be the ONLY classes that can put three pips into two weapon style? After all, they are the dex based classes, it would make sense that they should be better at finesse fighting than a warrior.
    tbone1
    But Drizzt!
    ThacoBell
    edited August 2017
    Is it terrible that, due to Viconia's comments about "males", I want to put the belt of masculinity/femininity on her and kick her out of the party while in the underdark?
    ArtonaMontresor_SPsemiticgoddess
    I think thats pretty normal actually, at least in my experience.
    tbone1
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    tbone1 said:

Is it terrible that, due to Viconia's comments about "males", I want to put the belt of masculinity/femininity on her and kick her out of the party while in the underdark?

Regrettably she would just wait until you were out of sight and cast 'remove curse' on herself :p.
    tbone1Montresor_SPJoan_Daro
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    This is why you combine it with a Ring of Folly, if you want to be really evil >:)
    ArtonaMontresor_SP
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    tbone1 said:

Was it very evil of me, when I booted Edwin from my party in Nashkel, that I first put the gender bender belt on him... I mean her! ...?

tbone1 said:

Was it very evil of me, when I booted Edwin from my party in Nashkel, that I first put the gender bender belt on him... I mean her! ...?
    Not really. It might fall under the heading of "just desserts".

Montresor_SP
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    tbone1 said:

tbone1 said:

Not really. It might fall under the heading of "just desserts".

More like preparing her for the future. Like a parent would a kid.
    Montresor_SP
    Is it terrible that I want Nalia to get mugged by some urchin she's helping so she'll quit going on and on about helping others?
    Montresor_SPmlneveseUnderstandMouseMagicBalrog99
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    tbone1 said:

Is it terrible that I want Nalia to get mugged by some urchin she's helping so she'll quit going on and on about helping others?

And you called me cruel!!!!

Shame on you...........I just prefer to nick her castle and turn her out with the aunt.
    tbone1Montresor_SP

tbone1 said:

And you called me cruel!!!!
    Oh, I don't want her to get seriously hurt, maybe bumped and scraped, and I'd help her to a cleric and make sure she was alright and all that.

Shame on you...........I just prefer to nick her castle and turn her out with the aunt.

Now that is cruel. Her aunt could step into a Saki short story and no questions asked. If ever a BG NPC had a lorgnette, it's her.
    Montresor_SP