Skip to content

GOG Achievements

Just a quick question: are there any plans, at the moment, of actually implementing achievement into the GOG version of the game? Or should I be contacting CD Projekt RED on that issue?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    So far, there's no change on GOG achievements/cloudsaves. It's still on our list of stuff to look into.
    taclaneMaciaszlolien
  • NicolBluetoothNicolBluetooth Member Posts: 48
    As someone who bought the game on GOG, this is a feature I'm very much looking forward to.
  • modemheadmodemhead Member Posts: 13
    i would like cloudsaves /achievements on GOG too!
  • gogdoggogdog Member Posts: 20

So far, there's no change on GOG achievements/cloudsaves. It's still on our list of stuff to look into.

No news in this regard since May. Any updates?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Any update could be given closer to patches that come after 2.4.
    gogdog

Interesting. Thanks!
    JuliusBorisov
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited August 2017
    I hope CD Projekt RED enables soon GOG connect with EE games.
    I want PST and SOD on his client.
    Post edited by rede9 on
    rede9 said:

I hope CD Projekt RED enables soon GOG connect with EE games.
    I want PST and SOD on his client.

It's the publisher / license holder who's required to agree to the GOG Connect terms and conditions. There's not much GOG can do about it. Why not go ahead and buy the games again while they are on sale?
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    So, um, any moment now? :)
    I've been holding out to play, hoping GOG Galaxy functionalities would be implemented in the not too distant future. Could you update folks about your plans for Planescape: Torment during your weekly podcast? Thanks :)
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    After the 2.5 patch cycle for the other IE-games is completed, Beamdog will focus on PST:EE for a new patch. I’d think that would be the time to expect something like achievements on GoG to appear.
    Necdilzorgogdog

After the 2.5 patch cycle for the other IE-games is completed, Beamdog will focus on PST:EE for a new patch. I’d think that would be the time to expect something like achievements on GoG to appear.

Sounds good. I hope we get some kind of confirmation from Beamdog on that.
    Necdilzor
    "Achievements for our Infinity Engine games on GOG won’t be a part of the 2.5 patch series, but the team are working towards them."

blog.beamdog.com/2018/05/may-11-livestream-recap.html

:)
    rede9JuliusBorisov

I'm seriously holding out until 2.5 + GOG achievement implementation, just to get the most out of my first playthrough :smile:

Kinda weird, I know.
    Will GOG achievements finally make it into 3.1.4 ?

I'd love to get an update on that.
    "Achievements for our Infinity Engine games on GOG won’t be a part of the 2.5 patch series, but the team are working towards them." See http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/05/may-11-livestream-recap.html

Any ETA? This is obviously not a high priority topic, otherwise we would have gotten some news in the past 7-8 months. I bought the game at release, hoping platform parity between GOG and Steam wouldn't be an issue for long. Turns out I was wrong.
    Kratos11
    edited January 2019
    That's the case as of now, yes. I'll follow up with Luke about this as a part of this method.
    lolien
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    GOG Achievements for these games would have been wonderful. Ill continue to cheer for this :)
    Kratos11
  • Kratos11Kratos11 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, just today I thought to try to contact Beamdog about the lack of achievements of their games on GOG. I'm happy to see that if nothing else they are expected at some time in the future.

In fact, despite having played the old versions of the games I have no interest in replaying them again, albeit in an enhanced version, and I don't even consider Steam.

But if all these games (Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition that I'm sure will receive the achievements on Steam soon) will have the achievements on GOG, I would buy them immediately in their enhanced versions to replay them and try to complete all the achievements.

Let's hope it doesn't take too long!
    gogdogNecdilzor
    Kratos11 wrote: »
    Hello, just today I thought to try to contact Beamdog about the lack of achievements of their games on GOG. I'm happy to see that if nothing else they are expected at some time in the future.

In fact, despite having played the old versions of the games I have no interest in replaying them again, albeit in an enhanced version, and I don't even consider Steam.

But if all these games (Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition that I'm sure will receive the achievements on Steam soon) will have the achievements on GOG, I would buy them immediately in their enhanced versions to replay them and try to complete all the achievements.

Let's hope it doesn't take too long!

I'm beginning to give up on this. I bought the game on GOG on March 29, 2017 and been waiting ever since. Waiting for a feature that may or may not come, a feature that isn't really that important to begin with, just doesn't seem worth missing out on a great game like PS:T.
  • NirwandaNirwanda Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    So... uhh I guess. We can count this out?
    I mean why is it even so hard to add? Console and steam versions have achievements as well as many other gog games...
  • ThounhouhThounhouh Member Posts: 7
    Allez !
    Morte? Is it you?
    edited March 2021
    Ding ding ding ding ding. Is it time yet?