Skip to content

Latest update on patch status, IWD II, and Beamdog Client

Comments

• egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    IDEA:
    Beamdog could offer a nice not-so-little finder's reward on a no-questions-asked base...

(If I remember right Interplay and Atari "died" in a financial disaster, a lot of employees left with missing loans... Maybe the code was given as security to investors or employees taking/copying it to "rescue" some of their loans. A look at the bankers and lawyers could make sense, too.)
    [Deleted User]VarwulfRVNS
  • HeinrichBhaalHeinrichBhaal Member Posts: 15
    What about the german voiceover? I Waiting more then two years for this update!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You must have missed, @HeinrichBhaal , - I had posted a reply about German VO (and asking about other VO' evaluation) in the German VO thread.
    bob_veng
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Will the club display bug be correct in this release?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    rede9 said:

Will the club display bug be correct in this release?

On the Beamblog it is stated that

These patches will be released game-by-game in the months ahead, starting with Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and will include a few bug fixes, but the focus will be on 64 bit compatibility.

Are these 'few bug fixes' the bugs mentioned here or is 2.4 something that won't come around until you really begin with the patching process of all the games.
    Gameplay bug fixes are being addressed in the patch series beyond the iOS 64 bit updates. That said, a few of those closed public tickets may indeed become "a few bug fixes" mentioned on the blog.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    In Italy, the retail copy of IWD2 came out with the latest patch. I still have the discs. It has been published by Halifax!
    JuliusBorisovrede9
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    they're not looking for the compiled version of the game, they're looking for the source code
    edited July 2017

they're not looking for the compiled version of the game, they're looking for the source code

That is the reason I envy Double Fine Productions.

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Is there work on a 3.0 Patch for the BG Series?

It's not necessary of course, but it would be awesome.
    Sssiksseilor
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited July 2017

Is there work on a 3.0 Patch for the BG Series?

It's not necessary of course, but it would be awesome.

From the blogpost
    The real fun begins once the 64 bit iOS patch series is complete. Planning has only just started on the patches for the Enhanced Edition titles beyond what we’re currently working on so committing to specific release dates, bug fixes, and features at this point is difficult. What we can say right now is that the next update series for BG:EE, BGII:EE, and IWD:EE will include the following:

Bug fixes and lots of them
    A selection of community-requested features
    64 bit compatibility on all platforms
    Restored multiplayer compatibility on all platforms
    All stores updated to the latest version (Yes, even the Mac App store)
    Completed localizations
    And more!
    JuliusBorisov
    Although it doesn't necessary mean the patched BG will get the 3.x instead of 2.x version name.

In the past Beamdog have been able to incorporate all the additions and make one super engine that supports everything. Planescape:Torment tells a personal story that doesn’t work well in multiplayer, and although Beamdog may incorporate some changes they made to the engine, they won't be doing a wholesale update of other titles based off Planescape's features.

"Selected PST:EE features and settings may eventually make their way to the other EE games, but the codebase is simply too different for them to be merged in en masse." https://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=407
    ThacoBellGreenWarlockAstroBryGuymlnevese
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited July 2017
    Nvm
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    Is the familiar import bug with the bonus HP going to be fixed in this patch?
    Committing to specific bug fixes and features at this point is difficult.

But the bug of Imported characters with familiars getting additional hit points is logged in.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited July 2017
    So are native standalone Linux x64 builds on their way, or will I still need to use steam?
    Post edited by Pokota on
  • HeinrichBhaalHeinrichBhaal Member Posts: 15

You must have missed, @HeinrichBhaal , - I had posted a reply about German VO (and asking about other VO' evaluation) in the German VO thread.

Thank you for the informationen. I hope we get the vo this year. Then I will buy the other games.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Jeppeboy1Jeppeboy1 Member Posts: 5
    IWD2 would be a fantastic addition to your ee-games... My favorite game of the series. Good luck in finding the code. It certainly exists somewhere.
    ShikaoDreadKhanJuliusBorisovAedan
    Any new about finding IWD2 source code?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @rede9
    So far, they could not find the source code.
    JuliusBorisov
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Was thinking of Getting It on GOG only 10 Bucks..... I have Windows 10 I have seen Problems with it running on windows 10, I was able to find on the Internet fixes for it though, Still Debating if I should take a chance and get it.....
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    thrudd said:

Was thinking of Getting It on GOG only 10 Bucks..... I have Windows 10 I have seen Problems with it running on windows 10, I was able to find on the Internet fixes for it though, Still Debating if I should take a chance and get it.....

I currently run the GOG version of IWD2, modded and un-modded on several W10 machines/configurations. So far the only issue I've seen is that on some of these configurations/machines, the unsupported resolutions don't work so well. On all of them, the native resolution works fine, albeit with black corners due to higher resolution monitors being used.

I don't think you can go wrong with the GOG version of IWD2.
    Gusinda
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Sold!!!! Have to pick it up this weekend.....
    Shikao
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    thrudd said:

Sold!!!! Have to pick it up this weekend.....

Good to hear! IWD2 holds a special place in my heart compared to the vast majority of games I've played over my many years on this Earth :) It's a delight to see others enjoy it too!
    edited August 2017
    What about the EE source codes? Are they in a Vault, right?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    No worries, the code is stored on some 5¼ floppy disks :p
    Montresor_SP
    edited August 2017
    Really? Everyone knows punched-card are safer until the Superman memory Crystals are not available.
    Post edited by rede9 on
    ShikaoMontresor_SP
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    So any announcements yet? Been pretty quiet on plans other than looking for someone to come up with source code for iwd2. That doesn't say what's going on.
  • AerethielAerethiel Member Posts: 17
    Hello everyone,

I'm playing IWD and BG:EE on my iPad4 (32 bits).
    iOS11 won't be supported on iPad4.

Does the upcoming update mean that BG:EE and IWD:EE will become unplayable/undownloadable shortly ?

Thanks