Skip to content

(Spoilers) Best Part of Siege of Dragonspear?

2»

Comments

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I like storming the enemy camps and being totally flooded with enemies on all sides. Using every last tool in my arsenal just to make it out alive.

I did this with a Shadowdancer once. Soloed the encounter. Probably the most fun i've ever had combat wise.
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
    Bridgefort Beseiged and Dwarves of Dumathoin, for me.

The music was also great.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    I just discovered another (smaller) oddity for my *not like* part. A lot of really good banters were hidden in overhead texts that I missed on previous playthroughs or it was mixed into other actions and made no sense. I only noticed this after having now installed by chance a mod that turns these banters back into normal dialogues again. Some of them are quite good, no idea why the other way of presenting them was chosen.
    Since I play EET, it is even more strange to have one part of the game differ from the rest. The mod is http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59181-mod-sod-banter-restoration-for-eet/ and I understand that for technical limitations it's only useable in the EET version.
    Maybe there are still more *hidden gems* in SoD that modders will unearth?
    With this solution now it actually would make this from *not like* to *like*.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2017
    @PaulaMigrate
    Indeed, one such banter I triggered when I was walking in the Forest of Wyrms is a three-way dialogue between Baeloth, Voghiln and Glint. Although Glint only gets one line

Basically Baeloth is trying to say how much he likes Voghiln's beard, but Voghiln has difficulty adjusting to Baeloth's alliterative annunciations so Glint has to translate.

Turns out Baeloth is actually quite friendly for a Chaotic Evil sorceror and seems to get along with party members (or at least the ones I had at the moment)

My party at that time was:
    1. Fatso Thugargantuan (Gnome Beserker)
    2. Glint
    3. Baeloth
    4. Voghiln
    5. Jaheria
    6. Rasaad

As Chapter 10 commences it is now
    1. Fatso
    2. Glint
    3. Baeloth
    4. Jaheria
    5. Khalid
    6. Dorn

Edit: Baeloth does not get along with Jaheria or Dorn. This probably won't result in anyone leaving the party, but they definitely don't see eye to eye. Strangely enough, Khalid seems indifferent to him; it's implied however that Khalid is a little oblivious to Baeloth's true nature.

Dorn however, is definitely not and unlike Jaheria, openly threatened Baeloth with bodily harm.
    Post edited by ZaramMaldovar on
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Best part was uninstalling it after the 2 play throughs.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Wesboi
    If you were only going to uninstall it, why play twice?
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    @ZaramMaldovar good and evil playthrough.