Skip to content

[SoD] M'Khiin disappearing

RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
Sadly I had to restart this expansion a couple of times due other reasons. Now I am too tired to restart all over again. I am at the end of chap. 9, just reached brigdefort and noticed that I cannot find M'Khiin anywhere in my camp. Yes, I did saved and sent her to my camp on chap. 8. I could even spot her side by side with the drow there.
I do know after some research this is a problem that often happens with party members not spawning at camps etc. But someone could point me where she stays? I have looked around and nothing but I do hope I can find her.
I rather not use cc or have to edit anything.

Comments

• RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
    I can confirm that she was indeed not brought to chap9. I also cluaconsoled her (against my will) and now I cannot deactive the console commands. I edited the engine.lua.
    edited August 2017
    Another report on this.
    After cluaconsole her and do her mini-quest like "mission" (ask to the she-smiter craft a new armor for her), I dropped m'khiin at the camp. Then she started going circles. She do has a spot where you can always find her, but she went there, moved, got back, moved etc.
    I reached chap10 now and I can se her in the coalition camp with no problem.
    Post edited by Rique on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please, zip and attach (to your post) a save (or several saves) so that the QA team could look at it.
    I dont have it anymore. I moved on and dont have any savegame from that point anymore. I kept all the documentation how i proceeded above.
    I cluaconsoled her. Then I had that strange looping (she was circling her standing point). In the end, she was in the camp when chapter 10 started with all her gear (including the one I gave her).
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I had the same problem last time. SoD save games are attached. M'Khiin is just to the north of the party in "go to the bridge next.zip" If you go to the bridge and talk to Caelar and wrap up, you should be in the same place as "Chapter 9 Start.zip" Baeloth is to the east of the party there but I couldn't find M'Khiin anywhere on the map when I was playing it.
    I do have some mods installed though. Maybe the NPC Project could be related to the problem?
    BG1 NPC Project
    Pictures Pictures Everywhere
    Wandcase
    Dragonspear UI++
    [Deleted User]
    Just to point, I have no mods or whatoever installed. A clean BGEE install from steam.
    mf2112
    edited August 2017
    I am on my second run. Same problem. This time I have a savegame.
    I think the solution is add her to party before leave to chapter 9 so she can be carried.
    Again, no mods. Clean install.

EDIT:
    * Things to consider*
    - This - as noted - is a clean install.
    - I reinstalled the game after the first post. I had to activate cluaconsole command and couldnt get rid of it.
    - This playthough started after a saved game from "chapter 8 start" (escape from candlekeep).
    - The problem persisted after a reinstall and a loaded savegame from BGEE.

*Testing/Solutions*
    1) Bring M'Khiin with your party to chapter 9.
    That worked but is cheap and obvious. Just added her in your part and talk to Bence Duncan. She will be carried to chapter 9.

2) Now I guess I found what is happening at least for me... When I first talk to M'Khiin in both playthroughs, I didnt add her to my party, instead I sent her to camp after freeing her. When I moved to chapter 9, she wasnt there as stated. What I did now: BEFORE talk to Bence and move to chapter 9, I added her to my part, moved OUT of the camp and removed her. Then I told her to go back to camp and wait. Went back to camp, checked again and she was there (again). Then talked to Bence and started chapter 9. She was in the new camp! So I guess the whole problem is telling to wait for you in the camp when you free her from the black pits. She will head to your camp but wont be carried with the soldiers.
    Post edited by Rique on
    [Deleted User]
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited August 2017
    Before leaving Coast Way Crossing you can enter this console command
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("MKhiin",MakeGlobal())')

@Rique I've jumped back an area for your save and done that, save attached. @mf2112 let me know if you want the same doing or if you've moved on.

If someone wants to report on Redmine as per https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs we can link it up to the internal report (24019)

Thanks
    JuliusBorisovelminstermf2112[Deleted User]
    No, no.... @Gate70 the problem is that I dont want use cluaconsole. I did on my first run and had to reinstall the game because I couldnt get rid of it.
    This save is from my second run. Uh, check the whole post... There is a solution for the problem (mostly) without cluaconsoling your installation. I know most people dont care about it, but I may count among the few who do. :)
    But thanks, as I posted, I solved the problem (solution #2) without having to carry her through swaping chapters.
    edited August 2017
    Gate70 said:

Before leaving Coast Way Crossing you can enter this console command

@Rique I've jumped back an area for your save and done that, save attached. @mf2112 let me know if you want the same doing or if you've moved on.

If someone wants to report on Redmine as per https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs we can link it up to the internal report (24019)

Thanks

@Gate70 No need to fix, thank you though. I will enter on redmine shortly if someone hasn't done it already. Thanks!
    Entered in redmine: #32374
    JuliusBorisovGate70
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Rique What do you mean you couldn't get rid of it?
    mf2112
    @ThacoBell I mean that I had to enable cluaconsole, but I couldnt "deactivate" it. I had to reinstall the game to get rif of it.
    Rique said:

@ThacoBell I mean that I had to enable cluaconsole, but I couldnt "deactivate" it. I had to reinstall the game to get rif of it.

I don't know what you mean by that. The console does nothing to the game that you don't enable yourself. The Infinity Engine is full of randomly spawning bugs and the console is the easiest/best way to handle them as they come up.
    [Deleted User]
    I am pretty wary of that since I am a BG player since 2000 (got 2 years late). But I never liked to enable cheats or have them enable in my games. Makes me unconfortable. It is a personal thing. Just to note, SoD was the first time in all these years that I had to deal with a bug by enabling cluaconsole. Of course I later deinstalled and reinstalled it and - as mentioned - the bug was still there on my second run so...
    Rique said:

I am pretty wary of that since I am a BG player since 2000 (got 2 years late). But I never liked to enable cheats or have them enable in my games. Makes me unconfortable. It is a personal thing. Just to note, SoD was the first time in all these years that I had to deal with a bug by enabling cluaconsole. Of course I later deinstalled and reinstalled it and - as mentioned - the bug was still there on my second run so...

The fact that you never had to do this in the past is, frankly, amazing.
    ThacoBell said:

The fact that you never had to do this in the past is, frankly, amazing.

Yeah, go figure. Never used cluaconsole since 2000. Never had to. And honestly I dont recall any serious bug that made me even consider it anyway. I am totally honest. This issue with m'khiin was the first time and I just did because I am frustrated. I had to restart the game (SoD) about 4x because I kept discovering minor things. So when I reached chapter 9 and she was not there I couldnt start it all over again at that point.

After my first run, I did another and the problem persisted, but this time I was aware and kept some save games before talking to Bence just in case and was able to make some testing.
    ThacoBell
  • ROQUROQU Member Posts: 11
    I was looking for her, im in end of chapter 10 before to attack the castle, i wanted do M'khiin quest so i went to the coalition field to party her, but i cannot find her , BUT there is another Viconias there! OMFG which bug is this? what can i do now? have i lost M'khiin? i just have found all the shaman tuffo to equip her omg
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Y'know, some people would consider two Viconias more of a feature than a bug
    tbone1 said:

Y'know, some people would consider two Viconias more of a feature than a bug

I think they would be more likely to distrust each other and fight to the death than to work together in any capacity.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    This problem still exists 6th Feb 2018, let's hope it's fixed in the 2.5 update. It's not hard to replicate, just tell her to wait in camp when you first meet her and she will, but won't move with the army to the next camp. The flaming fist must have killed her en route, now I don't trust any of them heh.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    fluke13 said:

This problem still exists 6th Feb 2018, let's hope it's fixed in the 2.5 update. It's not hard to replicate, just tell her to wait in camp when you first meet her and she will, but won't move with the army to the next camp. The flaming fist must have killed her en route, now I don't trust any of them heh.

Gate70 said:

the internal report (24019)

The problem is already fixed in the dev build of SoD, so the 2.5 update will solve it.
    fluke13
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    great news, thanks. @JuliusBorisov you're always very quick to respond and answer questions, hope you know how much we appreciate it, thanks again.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Hayes88Hayes88 Member Posts: 2
    I experience the same bug in the hard way.
    I am making an achievement run when i was going to get "Newer Kids on the Block" M'Khiin was nowhere to be found.
    Can someone tell me if after the patch my current savegame will have M'Khiin in place or do i have to restart a a new game?

Thanks everyone
    Not sure if it will fix the existing game.

But there is a workaround of entering this string in the clua console before leaving the Coast Way Crossing:
  • Hayes88Hayes88 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov but i already worked around it, i had a save game near the final chapter 8 so i brought M'Khiin along me, it cost me only 10min nothing more thant that.
    JuliusBorisov
  • yzaneyzane Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2018
    This still happens but my version is 2.3 though, so I shoud wait for 2.5? I play on a mac, on steam though.

Is the M'Khiin spawned from C:CreateCreature("bdmkhi7") any different from the one from Coast Way Crossing? Im too far along Chap9 and don't want to have to go back.

EDIT: Arrived at Coalition Camp and M'Khiin is again nowhere to be found (used the console to spawn her at Bridgefort map then afterwards proceeded to next chapter)
    Post edited by yzane on
    @Yzane did you use the console command I posted above as a workaround?
    2.5 will fix it for new games.
  • yzaneyzane Member Posts: 20
    @JuliusBorisov I did. Couldn't tell if it made a difference though. Decided to load a save and put MKhiin in my party before the next chapter. She was there at the end though
    after Avernus where everyones celebrating in DS castle
    so maybe it worked. Thanks!
    JuliusBorisov