Skip to content

Bareknuckle Fighting (Big Spoilers)

So I found myself fighting the Coldhearth Lich and I was hopelessly under-prepared for the battle. I managed to kill him twice without too much trouble but by the third time I was out of magic and he wasn't. He cast Protection from Magical Weapons on himself and now I was in a mess because I'd neglected to bring any ordinary weapons with me.

Then I had an idea, both my paladin and Minsc have got 18 strength so we'll drop our weapons and punch the guy unconscious (and we'll keep punching him until all his magical protections wear off).

It seemed like a great idea . . . only it didn't work. We didn't manage to lay a glove on him. Are liches really good at bobbing and weaving or do my paladin's fists count as magical weapons?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Liches are immune to normal weapons (at least in BG2), so if that's a case with Mr Coldhearth, when he casts PfMW he is pretty much untouchable.
    Permidion_StarkJuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Wow. I didn't realise that. I haven't got a clue how I'm going to beat this guy then. I'll go back to the game and try to figure out some new tactics.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    edited August 2017
    Well, cheap and safe way is to approach him with some with Undead Protection spell, and wait until PfWM wears off. Also, Rebalanced Wizard Slayer with Balduran's Cloak and Star-sewn Boots may have something around 70% magic resistance. After drinking some magic protection potions WS should be good.
    Other than that, it can be business as usual - lots of summons soaking his spells until you can safely hack him down.
    JuliusBorisovZaghoul
    I just tried again and got a bit closer this time. I think mistake I have been making is failing to look for his phylactery as soon as I have put him down.
    ShikaoJuliusBorisov
    Once you have worked out what you are supposed to do it turns out to be a very easy fight. But I was really slow on the uptake and I died loads of times before I finally got it right.
    JuliusBorisov
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    If someone casts Protection from Magic Weapons and you have no way of removing it, just run away until it wears off, then come back.