Skip to content

August roundup

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Hello, everyone!

We have continued to share with fans what Beamdog are up to, and published a new blog entry about recent news.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/09/august-roundup-patches-new-hire-more.html

Find the recent information on upcoming patches there!

As always, let us know what you think about this series of updates!
HurricaneKuronaDoubledimasspacejawsStefanOAedanlefreuthook71SssiksseilorkaguanaPibarokanisatha[Deleted User]Adul

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Thanks for the usual update, very appreciated.
    Now... When do you guys plan to announce the next game? ;)
    JuliusBorisovkanisatha[Deleted User]
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Aedan said:

I hope we get news about 2.5 before that :)
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]Adul
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    lefreut said:

Aedan said:

I sincerely hope we get 2.5 before a new game is released.
    JuliusBorisovlefreut[Deleted User]Adul
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Coo' !
    JuliusBorisovBrutaleBent[Deleted User]
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Is it a New game if its EE ?
    [Deleted User]Sertorius
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

Please be a BG2:EE expansion pack. :3

Hey, that would be nice. And it would be great if it included some returning companions from SoD.

Oh, and this is just my preference, but add content to the existing campaigns, don't create another new one. I don't want you to replace my favorite games, I want you to expand them.
    Aedangugulug5000[Deleted User]Sertorius
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Adul said:

Please be a BG2:EE expansion pack. :3

Hey, that would be nice. And it would be great if it included some returning companions from SoD.

Oh, and this is just my preference, but add content to the existing campaigns, don't create another new one. I don't want you to replace my favorite games, I want you to expand them.
    I'm of the opinion that they should make a solid game, such as BGIII or whatever they decide to call it, and then expand on that one a ton. This way the old games are preserved, but the overall lore and content is expanded on. I personally would love more expansions to the old games but there are a good chunk of people out there who want Beamdog to just stick to enhancements.
    BrutaleBent[Deleted User]
  • BrutaleBentBrutaleBent Member Posts: 36
    Seeing Siege of Dragonspear, sticking only to enhancements would be a waste - they are more than capable of making standalone games, and personally wouldn't even mind it being on IE again, even though it's old af. However, I'm curious if it's possible to make a "modernized IE", both GFX wise, high res models/chars and "flexibility".

I'm hoping they'll branch out with their own games, while simultaneously enhancing already released titles even further - like supporting modding on iOS, bugfixed, new features and the like. ;)
    [Deleted User]ThacoBell
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    lefreut said:

Aedan said:

;)
    BrutaleBenttbone1Adul
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Adulrorikonlolien
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I don't think Beamdog could release anything new for BG2 as Wizards of the Coast said anything new has to be 5e?
    [Deleted User]
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited September 2017
    mf2112 said:

I don't think Beamdog could release anything new for BG2 as Wizards of the Coast said anything new has to be 5e?

But SoD was a BGEE expansion, and IIRC that would have applied to it as well.

I would like to see extra pay DLC content like new adventures that add new strongholds for barbarians and monks. But then I don't own the company, so my opinion is as worthless as a preacher in a foxhole.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    edited September 2017
    A TotSC type expansion for BGII would be amazing. It doesn't even really need to add on to the main story of the game. Side quests would be more than worth it for me, plus it would be the perfect opportunity to add SoD related content to BGII.

EDIT: It would be cool if Icewind Dale could get some love too. The game feels way more linear than the BG games, so it would be nice to have a TotSC type expansion for it too.
    Adul[Deleted User]
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'd love an update for BG2 that incorporates the unfinished story elements of SoD.
    [Deleted User]ZaghoulDoodleroo