Skip to content

You know you play Baldur's Gate too much when..

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    ...when you instruct your pet dog/cat to "go for the eyes!!!!!!" at someone you don't like
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    whenever you feel tired, you persistently keep telling your friends that you really need rest in an attempt at wearing them down enough so they'll finally crack and agree to build you a campsite (so you can go to sleep).
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    ...when you get into the fight with some guy at the pub and after you punch him, you will then stand and wait for his move.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    ... when you hit TAB on your computer to highlight the position of something you're looking for, like your misplaced cellphone.

[seriously, reality needs a TAB-highlighting function for misplaced objects]
    Pfft. That would clearly ruin the immersion of real life. If life had a tab function, I wouldn't use it. @caruga
    :)

...when you do something nice for somebody, and then wonder why your friends don't each in turn tell you what a great person you are - or if they do, you yell at them for not saying, "Ah, we are all heroes: you, and Boo, and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere: Rejoice!"

...when your method of haggling at the flea market consists solely of saying, "I have a really high reputation score. What do you say we drop that price by...oh...30%?"

...when you stop at the edge of town, no matter where you're going, and pull out a map to tell you where to go next. (Actually, that one's just anyone with GPS...)
  • AvengingExileAvengingExile Member Posts: 33
    @smeagolheart "Either find an inn... OR REST OUTSIDE B****!" :P
    Oh that just made my night. I'll have to try that one with some friends. They already think I'm weird anyway.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    ... when you start a "Nexlit the xvart fan club" thread on the official BG:EE boards. Am I right, @HeroicSpur? ;-D
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    ... when you just ctrl-shift-8 your baby's stats when he's born, withhold one point for DEX if an elf or CON if a dwarf (two points for STR and CON if a half-orc), then ctrl + shift + 8 his stats again and assign the extra point(s). No need for a doctor !
    Fixed, and the one in need of a doctor is you if you do the above! :D
  • William_ImmWilliam_Imm Member Posts: 72
    ...you want Enkida to make a portrait for your character.
    ...you keep making affectionate references to it in Forumwarz.
    ...you spend too much time on Spellhold Studios
    ...you consider naming a hamster Boo
  • MobstorMobstor Member Posts: 2
    When you press q, all the time.
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    ... when you spend all time needed to get 18/00 str
    I never worry about that since there's the tome to kick you to 19 anyway.

You know you play too much baldur's gate when your pay more attention in a typical day to Viconia than your own wife.
    I'd settle for whichever one is higher maintainance...
  • unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    While watching the trapped Chilean miners story unfold back in 2010, you keep wondering if one of those miners' name is "Dink".
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    When you go into the butcher's and say "Aahhh, fresh meat."

No WAIT, sorry, that's You know you play Diablo too much when.
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    When you press q, all the time.
    So true...
    When you almost fourteen years after its release is active on a Baldur's Gate forum.
    True dat... true dat...
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    ...you dont get laid.....
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    ...you dont get laid.....
    so true
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    ...You yell YAKMAN in front of your screen because you're lost in Watcher's Keep
    @lansounet Sneeeaaaakky Yakman! iehahahah!
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    When you almost fourteen years after its release is active on a Baldur's Gate forum.
    True dat... true dat...
    Yup...

"Don't get laid"

Can't be bothered..busy playing when wife goes to sleep

Somebody mentions a fight and all you can say is.."so he kicked him in the head until he was dead" ...and everyone looks at you like your a psychopath..

• GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited July 2012
    ...when you instruct your pet dog/cat to "go for the eyes!!!!!!" at someone you don't like
    Totally guilty about this one. "Go for the eyes Izzy! Go for the eyes!"

You know you play D&D too much when you see a bat and a knife and wonder how much damage a roll they can make.