Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    Enuhal said:

Sad to see your shaman run coming to an end, @Grond0

I, as well. Sorry I didn't comment on this sooner, Grond0 :)

Best,

A.
    Grond0JuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited September 2017
    Arctodus said:

Edit : Something's really weird... I try to place the first spoiler tag after the description of the fight with Mulahey, but it's always replaced before it. Someone had something like that happened before ?

@Arctodus - if you want to correct the format you could delete the "<3" in your original post, which is being shown up as a spoiler.
    ArctodusJuliusBorisovRVNS
    Good stuff @Enuhal - that's the hard bit of SoD over!
    EnuhalJuliusBorisov
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    ACK! how do I put it in spoiler form? I didn't mean to blow up the page like that :/
    RVNS said:

ACK! how do I put it in spoiler form?

The easiest way is to highlight the text you want in the spoiler and then click the format button (to the left of the smiley face button) and select spoiler from the sub-menu.
    Wise_GrimwaldRVNSJuliusBorisov
    RVNS said:

This is my first time doing a no reload solo with SCS on Core. Critique is welcome and appreciated. If you think I did something poorly or wrong...I probably didn't know any better and I need to address it.

After that we kited the ogres to the south around. I find that positioning the slower moving Ogrillons I can stutter the faster moving ogres and Ogre beserkers and can more safely kite them as well.

After that we go back to sell things at Beregost and pick up a wand of lightning as well. This is were things went bad however. A misclick on a building saw me chug a health potion on accident. That was bad enough but then I went down too far into the street and triggered the fight with Neera...and me tapped out of spells and sporting a whopping 14 hit points after my skirmish with shoal and the Ogres.

Well done for staying alive so far @RVNS - long may that continue :).

For a mage character you might want to consider sleeping that group of ogres to reduce the kiting required.

If you don't intend to recruit Neera you could just kill her as soon as you get to Beregost (by shooting her from range before she talks) to avoid triggering that encounter accidentally.
    Wise_GrimwaldRVNSJuliusBorisov
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    Enuhal said:

Arbogast's party and the Legacy of Bhaal, Part XIV - There are no temples in Baldur's Gate

As it turns out, I can't get Aikar and Ifirn back until the next chapter - there doesn't seem to be any way to resurrect someone in the SoD version of the city.

the flaming fist healer at the start will sell you some 'raise dead' scrolls that Viconia could read... in thierry even Minsc could but I assume Boo needs to translate?
    EnuhalWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovGrond0
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    ussnorway said:

Enuhal said:

Arbogast's party and the Legacy of Bhaal, Part XIV - There are no temples in Baldur's Gate

As it turns out, I can't get Aikar and Ifirn back until the next chapter - there doesn't seem to be any way to resurrect someone in the SoD version of the city.

the flaming fist healer at the start will sell you some 'raise dead' scrolls that Viconia could read... in thierry even Minsc could but I assume Boo needs to translate?
    Mh, I propably should have bought some of those - but my flaming fist healer died rather quickly (in her third battle), so I didn't have the opportunity for long. I will remember it for the future, though.
    Wise_GrimwaldMantis37JuliusBorisovRVNS
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    ussnorway said:

You need 9 INT to use scrolls, Minsc only has 8...

RVNSsemiticgoddess
    @Grond0

Thanks for the advice! Any and all critique is welcome since I really don't know what I am doing.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
    edited September 2017
    Pokota said:

You need 9 INT to use scrolls, Minsc only has 8...

But if you're transferring from BG you're likely to have potions of genius or mind focusing stashed away.
    EnuhalRVNS
    I have a question for where to proceed from here. I was thinking of going to do the quick and easy little quests in beregost then going to proceed to the sirines and then to greywolf for Varscona and then to mulahey. On Mulahey and Greywolf I have never fought them in scs. Anything I need to be concerned with or should watch out for? I am level 5 thief, level 4 mage, level 4 fighter and I am hoping to level fighter and mage to level 5 before proceeding there. Thoughts and tactics are appreciated here. Alternatively if someone thinks I should go grab loot from an area before I try this or if I should hold off just let me know. As I have said before I am not very familiar with scs.