Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• YingusXiaousYingusXiaous Member Posts: 10
    @Alesia_BH Awesome run! You're making good use of power attack and smite, which is really unconventional -- greater whirlwind and critical strike do way more damage, but of course damage isn't everything. What are the limits of this strategy? For example, you didn't use it against Irenicus -- presumably because he's immune? Do you expect this to carry through to the endgame of ToB?
    ArctodusWise_GrimwaldAlesia_BHJuliusBorisov
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    Oh, and, btw: Great stuff, Enuhal! I'm really enjoying Arbogast
    Wise_GrimwaldEnuhalJuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2017
    Tried a Hammer of Moradin kit for the first time, this time on core.
    Once more failed fighting Krumm. :( I thought that using Moradin's Hammer the result might have been different particularly as this time he had a shield, however the result was the same Caldo fled and Krumm was lethal. :( My character had reached level 3.

Just realised why he failed. I think Krumm's belt protects against blunt weapons and in EE he has a +1 weapon. :(
    Alesia_BHGate70JuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858

Just realised why he failed. I think Krumm's belt protects against blunt weapons. :(

Yep - Destroyer of the Hills gives +4 against Blunt weapons, like how Elves' Bane gives +4 against Piercing and Missile.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    edited September 2017
    Yuppers. We're on the same page exactly. :)

(And I loved your statement of the case for Smite & Power Attack.)

Best,

A.

NW: As a reminder to non-EE players, the Sling of Seeking will stack strength damage in classic installs
    Post edited by Alesia_BH on
    ArctodusWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov