Skip to content

Android version scrapped?

Topic. Any news on this at all please?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Not yet, but we will share any news about SoD as we're able to.
    FiachRAM021
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231

Not yet, but we will share any news about SoD as we're able to.

Ok thanks Julius, iirc it was supposed to be released a little while after the pc version, so while browsing Google Store, I noticed it still wasn't there.

Thanks again.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MaxPowerMaxPower Member Posts: 4
    What about IOS?
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    For the first several months after the PC release I was checking every single day to see if SoD was available for android phones. :/
    GrumStummvonBordwehrRAM021

For the first several months after the PC release I was checking every single day to see if SoD was available for android phones. :/

Yes indeed, I made a couple more posts about it back then as it appeared to be on the horizon for awhile, but then kinda forgot about it until I was on G Play downloading BG2 and checked for it.

Thanks for the replies!
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    It's probably been scrapped but they won't admit it. Like how they said they had a short time to get the 64 bit patch but Apple informed developers since Oct 2014 about the 64bit change over.
    PugPug
    Wesboi said:

It's probably been scrapped but they won't admit it. Like how they said they had a short time to get the 64 bit patch but Apple informed developers since Oct 2014 about the 64bit change over.

Oh, yeah I remember that now, cheers!
    More chance of McFlurry machines worldwide working properly.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah yeah, people kept doomsaying that IOS was never gonna be updated either. Beamdog is snail mail. It will take a long time, but they always deliver.
    StummvonBordwehr
    ThacoBell said:

Yeah yeah, people kept doomsaying that IOS was never gonna be updated either. Beamdog is snail mail. It will take a long time, but they always deliver.

They don't deliver though. SoD wasn't a ground breaking success it was mediocre at best. I'm just fed up of the way they communicate it's so contradicting. On Twitter they claim they had a short amount of time to patch IOS. Is 3 years a short time? Not to me it isn't. Maybe way back in 1998 but not in 2017.

If I can make mods and fix some of the stuff beamdog hasn't while working 50 hrs a week, spend time with my family and free time to play games and tinker about with mods. They can't even manage there own games which is pretty much there main job.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Considering Beamdog continues to add features to games that they didn't originally program that are absolutely massive, I think they are doing a pretty good job. I've been annoyed for a long time that IWD is stuck in 1.x (still is for this PC player). But annoyance doesn't mean Beamdog doesn't deliver. It means they can only do so much. They are a small development studio working on massive games. Many developers would have moved on to other projects and quit supporting them. They don't.
    AstroBryGuyStummvonBordwehrThacoBellDragonspear

Considering Beamdog continues to add features to games that they didn't originally program that are absolutely massive, I think they are doing a pretty good job. I've been annoyed for a long time that IWD is stuck in 1.x (still is for this PC player). But annoyance doesn't mean Beamdog doesn't deliver. It means they can only do so much. They are a small development studio working on massive games. Many developers would have moved on to other projects and quit supporting them. They don't.

Its pretty easy to add content if you have the source code. So trying to validate that as a reason for miscommunication. If the threat of having the games pulled from the IOS store wasnt there would they have actually bothered updating them? I don't think so.
    RAM021
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I do think so, as they have been consistently talking about getting every game on every platform to the same version.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell

I do think so, as they have been consistently talking about getting every game on every platform to the same version.

That's exactly what it is all talk no action.
    Wesboi said:

That's exactly what it is all talk no action.
    He says as action has just happened for IOS and action is currently happening as we speak.
    StummvonBordwehrtbone1megamike15rorikon
    edited September 2017
    Wow one platform in 2 years has been updated. That's amazing. Well done.

Probably blame GoG/Gamersgate/Wotsc rather than take responsibility for poor performance.
    Movin the goalposts :wink:
    StummvonBordwehrrorikon
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Randomly bringing in Gamersgate to a nonrelated topic is pretty much Godwin's Law. Mention Hitler, lose the argument.
    StummvonBordwehrDragonspear

Grum said:

Randomly bringing in Gamersgate to a nonrelated topic is pretty much Godwin's Law. Mention Hitler, lose the argument.

That's pretty much nonsense as we all know and have seen how they miscommunicate even they have acknowledged that as well by posting on forums they way they communicate (obviously must be hard to see with those rose tinted goggles). Quick to lay the blame on anyone but themselves.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @Grum - gamers gate hit these boards pretty hard around the time of launch of SoD, and pointedly tanked the online review sites due to the presence of a specific minor NPC.

I'm still waiting for SoD to come to my platform (probably after android) so don't know if there is anything more to the dissatisfaction with the game, as I am still trying to stay spoiler-free. (I stay out of the SoD forum unless a platform-specific issue pops up on the recent discussions front page.)
    GrumThacoBellStummvonBordwehrDragonspear
  • Royal2003Royal2003 Member Posts: 10
    So we don't have date for android then?
    @Royal2003 not currently no. Even when the release is imminent, however, I still wouldn't expect a release date to come out until maybe the week of. Beamdog doesn't do release dates anymore.
    StummvonBordwehrDragonspear
  • Royal2003Royal2003 Member Posts: 10
    Very annoying! Cheers mate, I hope they hurry up.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Wesboi said:

If I can make mods and fix some of the stuff beamdog hasn't while working 50 hrs a week, spend time with my family and free time to play games and tinker about with mods. They can't even manage there own games which is pretty much there main job.

I don’t think they have any full-time employees. It sounds silly, but I don’t know how else it could be taking what is now a year and three quarters. It took them less time to make P:ST entirely. Porting DLC to a platform you are already on... I know they said they were struggling with the file size. If it is taking this long, either there is no solution to be found or they are not looking.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2017
    PugPug said:

Wesboi said:

I don’t think they have any full-time employees. It sounds silly, but I don’t know how else it could be taking what is now a year and three quarters. It took them less time to make P:ST entirely. Porting DLC to a platform you are already on... I know they said they were struggling with the file size. If it is taking this long, either there is no solution to be found or they are not looking.
    Beamblog, December 5:

"Wondering about Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear on mobile? We’ll have some great news to share on that front soon*!

*For real this time!"
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    StummvonBordwehrLadas
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Luke93 said:

PugPug said:

Wesboi said:

Beamblog, December 5th:

"Wondering about Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear on mobile? We’ll have some great news to share on that front soon*!

*For real this time!"
    Confirmed! Siege of Dragonspear for Palm Pilot and Newton!

GreenWarlockDragonspear
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    tbone1 said:

Luke93 said:

PugPug said:

Wesboi said:

Beamblog, December 5th:

*For real this time!"
    Confirmed! Siege of Dragonspear for Palm Pilot and Newton!

How about the Tiger version?

ThacoBellDragonspearthemazingnessprocco
This discussion has been closed.