Skip to content

Old dog re-learning old tricks

Hello, fellow adventurers.

My name is Drakum, and I first put my hands on a copy of Baldur's Gate when it was released back in 1996.

It was great to know that Beamdog was re-launching these 'Black Isle' games. I learnt about this only last year, after been disconnected from the roleplaying/social media/PC gaming scene for a very long time.

Anyways, I'm playing BG right now, and enjoying every second of it. Can't wait to finish the game and move on to every other title that Beamdog has relaunched.

See you in the forum. Happy adventuring!

Drakum.
ronaldomlneveseArctodus[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehrtbone1AerakarJuliusBorisovShikaoGreenWarlockAnduinBrutaleBent[Deleted User]spacejawsZaghoulPibaro

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Welcome to the forum and have fun! If you have any doubt, feel free to ask :) We have lots of people here who are willing to help. If you have any doubt, contact a moderator, we are easy to identify with our gray backgrounds. Those with blue backgrounds are game developers.
    JuliusBorisovAnduin[Deleted User]
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    hail and well met! happy adventuring!
    Anduin[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    @Drakum You'll be fine here B)
    AnduinDrakummlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Drakkum, your wife bakes Cauliflower?!? Such butchery!

@Shandaxx can keep an eye on you but I'll be watching your wife!

This sounds oddly wrong... So I'll just decease and shuffle away...
    JuliusBorisovPibarotbone1
  • DrakumDrakum Member Posts: 11
    HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

Happy to make your acquaintance, @Shandaxx , and sorry to do that to broccoli.

If it makes you feel any better, I can confirm that broccoli does giggle when you tickle it. I still don't know why this realisation is usually followed by my wife laying me on bed, restraining me, administering a couple of quick electroshocks on my parietales, then letting me go with a kiss on my forehead and a pat on my head. Misteries.

Also, thank you, @tbone1 , and the rest of the adventuring gang for the warm welcome. I'm feeling right at home in here.

And now, it's Friday here in Oz and, as they say in Baldur's Gate, "I need a swig of some strong dwarven ale".

Clangeddin!!!

Cheers,

Drakum
    AnduinJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]Pibaro
    ROFL

@Anduin , careful with that. Her natural awareness is equal to having permanent drips of potions of perception, and her mastery in war axe is second to none in the whole Forgotten Realms.
    AnduinJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    edited September 2017
    mlnevese said:

I see the vegetable wars is spreading once more... will this madness never end?

Gad, I hope! Nothing like a never ending madness to warm the cockles of my heart. And as Woody Allen said, "Great, nothing like hot cockles."
    mlneveseAnduinJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    tbone1 said:

mlnevese said:

Gad, I hope! Nothing like a never ending madness to warm the cockles of my heart. And as Woody Allen said, "Great, nothing like hot cockles."
    I was just curious... we make a huge profit selling footage of Earth's madness to other civilizations :)
    mlnevese said:

tbone1 said:

mlnevese said:

I was just curious... we make a huge profit selling footage of Earth's madness to other civilizations :)
    Oh, you work for a news service.

tbone1 said:

mlnevese said:

tbone1 said:

mlnevese said:

Oh, you work for a news service.

Not really... Earth Madness is the highest rating comedy in the entire Galaxy... we just started selling it to some Civilizations in the Pegasus and Andromeda Galaxies as well...
    Anduintbone1JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    @Drakum You haven't seem the level of madness this forum is capable of achieving yet :)
    JuliusBorisovDrakum[Deleted User]
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    If this is a Cauliflower

And this is a Broccoli

What do you call this?

mlnevese[Deleted User]AnduinJuliusBorisov
    Abomination?
    AnduinPibaroJuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    PibaromlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Green cauliflower? TURNCOATS!!!

Off with their heads! I want them mounted on forks by teatime!
    Pibaro[Deleted User]mlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Congrats on taking him down!

If you were playing BGEE using the SoD interface, I recall you go straight into Seige after Sarevok falls. If you were playing BGEE then you will need to export from a save I believe.
    mlneveseDrakumShikaoJuliusBorisov
    @Aerakar Thanks a lot. I'm buying SoD right now!
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Aerakar said:

Congrats on taking him down!

If you were playing BGEE using the SoD interface, I recall you go straight into Seige after Sarevok falls. If you were playing BGEE then you will need to export from a save I believe.

Or you can load Final Save after installing SoD and kill Sarevok again =P
    Remember to eat your broccoli before heading to Dragonspear!
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
    @Shikao A fresh order of steamed broccoli dipped in aioli mayo, coming up! :D
    ShikaoJuliusBorisov