Skip to content

Any update on 64bit for iOS?

Any update on the 64bit version of BG:EE for iOS? iOS 11 landed this week, and the existing 32 bit version will stop working once you update.
Oldlibmike

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • MythrinnMythrinn Member Posts: 42
    Soon ™
  • AjhAjh Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 5
    At least they said they're working on it. They gave up saying they're working on android updates. (Cause we've all gotten so tired of asking only to hear them say nothing at all to us.) Last I saw they were testing/awaiting approval for most of the ios updates. If you have ios 11 update pending, you should wait on it anyway, since more than just your games are going to break.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Ajh said:

They gave up saying they're working on android updates.

Actually, we have been quite open about ALL the platforms for a long time, visit blog.beamdog.com for updates. And the work on Android updates has never stopped

This is from the latest update:

"We’ve hinted at what’s next for the Enhanced Editions in previous posts, now it’s time to share more! To start, we’ve already begun work on another patch for Icewind Dale, this time bringing all the 2.4 fixes, features, and more to Google Play, Mac Store, Steam, and other platforms the Enhanced Editions are available on. More you say? Absolutely! We’ve got a laundry list of fan feature requests and bug fixes to include alongside Steam achievements, and… insert drum roll here… bringing the Shaman class to IWD:EE!

After IWD:EE, we’ll be returning to BG:EE and BGII:EE to update each on Steam, GOG, Beamdog, Google Play, iOS, and Mac with the latest features and fixes. "

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/09/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition-ios-patch.html
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Okay, so the latest thread about MacOS/iOS diverted to Android on the third comment. Who had comment #3 in the pool? I had Marco Andretti. Oh, wait, that was the Indy 500 pool.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403

Ajh said:

They gave up saying they're working on android updates.

Actually, we have been quite open about ALL the platforms for a long time, visit blog.beamdog.com for updates. And the work on Android updates has never stopped
    That made laugh, I needed that thank you.
  • richconrichcon Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info! I'll be waiting for it to hit the App Store.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
    The most recent message is from 17 hours before now:

"Still in review with Apple."

StummvonBordwehrArneb
  • ArnebArneb Member Posts: 14
    And after 2 years from this thread:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43987/ipodtouch-bg-ee-not-playing-in-full-screen-anymore-after-installing-ios-9-0#latest
    this new patch finally solves the problem of the black bars at the side of the screen! Well, that and another bazillion, super neat things.
    I probably should be a bit disappointed by all the waiting, but right now I'm so excited about 2.4 that I don't care.
    Let's hit the Realms again!
    StummvonBordwehrGreenWarlock