Skip to content

How did Imoen get 9 EXP?

I started a new game last night and I decided to skip all the fetching and carrying around Candlekeep. I just bought some equipment and told Gorion I was ready to go. This meant that when I met up with Imoen I had 0 EXP and I expected her to be the same. But I was wrong, somehow she has got 9 EXP. How can she have got them? What can you do in Candlekeep to get exactly 9 EXP?

JuliusBorisovdeltagololienmashedtatersNonnahswriter

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2017
    MrTea1976 said:

Pick a substandard lock? Or kill 9 rats......

It's 10 EXP for a lock and there are only five rats in the whole of Candlekeep. She could have killed five rats but she is still 4 EXP short.

Edit: Apologies @MrTea1976 - I missed the 'substandard' bit before the lock. I guess that might give you 9 EXP if they existed. But since they don't the mystery continues . . .
  • MrTea1976MrTea1976 Member Posts: 20
    Maybe she already killed the first nine and got bored. 10 is for a standard lock. This one would have been a little bit worse.......
    Permidion_Starktbone1

"there are only five rats in the whole of Candlekeep" after Imoen cleaned out Winthrop's Inn and Obe's cellar.

But doesn't Winthrop say he "Never had rats, no sirree"? Winthrop wouldn't lie to us would he?
    Balrog99
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253

"there are only five rats in the whole of Candlekeep" after Imoen cleaned out Winthrop's Inn and Obe's cellar.

But doesn't Winthrop say he "Never had rats, no sirree"? Winthrop wouldn't lie to us would he?
    Have you ever really compared his inn to an elven arse? There are differences in cleanliness...
    tbone1deltagomashedtaters
    edited September 2017
    @Zaghoul
    You could well be right. Then again, a barkeep who tells you, a propos of nothing, that he never had rats, is probably trying to hide the fact that he has had them. Therefore, the fact that Winthrop doesn't say he hasn't had rats must mean he has got nothing to hide and the Candlekeep Inn has always been a rat-free zone.

Or it is just possible that I am over-thinking this . . .
    tbone1ZaghoulBalrog99mashedtaters
    edited September 2017
    Zaghoul said:

Maybe she hit a cat by mistake, and before being reported to the guard got the heck outa Dodge. How much are the cats worth if killed? (poor ol kitties :'(B) )

That thought has been worrying me. Is Imoen a secret cat killer? But cats are only worth 1 EXP each so even if she killed all five rats and both cats she is still two EXP short.
    mashedtaters
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Zaghoul said:

Maybe she hit a cat by mistake, and before being reported to the guard got the heck outa Dodge. How much are the cats worth if killed? (poor ol kitties :'(B) )

That thought has been worrying me. Is Imoen a secret cat killer? But cats are only worth 1 EXP each so even if she killed all five rats and both cats she is still two EXP short.
    But those are the only ones we see alive. Imoen was moving around and about while CHARNAME is shopping. Maybe there are other rats, perhaps even Rats of Unusual Size.

Or a wookalar!

ZaghoulBleriotmashedtaters
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Obviously she did 9 quests for Winthrope before Charname got around to it. She realized that it would take *forever* to get to lvl2, so she decided to adventure with Charname.
    JuliusBorisovZaghoul
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    She cheated, it's the kind of sneaky, underhand thing she would do. ;)
    I wouldn't put anything past the girl. :D
    Permidion_Starktbone1mashedtaters
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    You got it wrong. It's actually 6 EXP, but upside down.
    I assume she killed 1/6 of a gibberling.
    ^w^
    Permidion_Starktbone1mashedtaters
    She killed 45% of Soupy Zales, half-third cousin of Carbos and Shank (twice removed) who attacked her with a pointed shtick: a pie in the face. How he got the pie to be pointed I don't know. Must have been Pookie or White Fang.
    Zaghoul
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    It's not something I've tried lately, but it used to be possible to get 1 XP each for some of the summons the Gatewarden produces as a test - perhaps Imoen has been honing her skills before joining you?
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Nah, she just stole it.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Zaghoul said:

@deltago Cold that is, cold... ;)
    So the beginnings of Immy's TRUE heritage begins. Sure, sure, she happy enough, but her little jaunts out at night or away from the party and she starts killin ctritters delighting in their death and suffering. Cows see her approach with their eyes wide with fear, squirrels run and hide, chattering their warnings to others.
    Then comes back with a joke, her appetite satiated for a short time.

I knew it, I knew it....And everybody says I'm mad. :p
    ZaghoulPermidion_StarkThacoBellmashedtaters
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Balrog99tbone1mashedtaters
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited September 2017

deltago said:

5 Rats, a cat and...

3 cows

9 XP. And you thought she left Candlekeep because she was concerned about your safety.
    I think it's actually worse than that. If she did all five rats she could have got the quest experience from Reevor. The only possible way to get exactly 9 EXP is four rats, three cows and both cats.

Oh Imoen! How could you? You killed both the little kitties?
    @Permidion_Stark Ya may have it there I think.

Lil Ms "Heya, It's me, Imoen! I'm never gonna tell ya what I just done". o:) See, she left the last of the five rats in the place alive to drop a few fleas onto, fleas she had used a lil surge of her latent bhaalspawn powers to infect with plague.

And bam, the rest of us are lucky to get back to CK without everyone sick, or dead as dickens 'cept for the doppies all over the place, inpersonatin all the dead.
    Lawd, a reglar Dr Jeckyll and Ms. Hyde this girl is. :*>:)

Maybe evil parties need to give her a second thought as a companion after all. B)
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    Permidion_StarkBalrog99
    deltago said:

5 Rats, a cat and...

3 cows

9 XP. And you thought she left Candlekeep because she was concerned about your safety.
    I had no idea she was that lactose intolerant.

[Sorry, I'll just get my coat and let myself out.]

Permidion_Stark