Skip to content

5 keys for the new Portrait Pack: Faces of Good and Evil (Forum Contest till August, 20)

2»

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Just installed the DLC - the portraits look gorgeous!
    The woman with red hair and the man with the staff are my favourite ones!
    ShikaoJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Shikao said:

I wonder... what happens when we export character with one of those portraits to BG2?

You can always copy the portrait files and paste them to your BG2:EE portrait folder.
    Shikao
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376

Shikao said:

I wonder... what happens when we export character with one of those portraits to BG2?

You can always copy the portrait files and paste them to your BG2:EE portrait folder.
    Thanks! Worked =D
    JuliusBorisov
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Top-left man and bottom-right woman are my favorites :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Every passing day that I don't have that illustrious portrait pack a dryad dies. Let your conscience be your guide...
    JuliusBorisovShikaotbone1Aerakar
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    Bring them to GOG!!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Actarus said:

Bring them to GOG!!

It's something we're still working towards.
    Actaruslolien
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    Thanks! Keep us informed
    JuliusBorisov
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    edited September 2017
    Were the winners notified?
    bleusteel said:

Sure! Good luck next time!
    Aedanbleusteellolien
  • DoodlerooDoodleroo Member Posts: 28

Actarus said:

Bring them to GOG!!

It's something we're still working towards.
    How about the Beamdog store?
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523

bleusteel said:

Sure! Good luck next time!
    Thanks! Now I can go buy them :smiley:
    JuliusBorisov
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    So I have won one of the five packages ... Due to little time I did not try to download them yet, but now I'd like to.

I have already redeemed the steam key, so the package is "mine" on steam, and I also own the games on steam.

Problem is: I have installed the beamdog client versions of the games, not the steam versions. Obviously I can't just download the portrait pack from steam without having installed the steam version of the game ... Any trick to get them without doing the install?
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    You should really install the steam versions of the games... don't you like achievements??
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

So I have won one of the five packages ... Due to little time I did not try to download them yet, but now I'd like to.

I have already redeemed the steam key, so the package is "mine" on steam, and I also own the games on steam.

Problem is: I have installed the beamdog client versions of the games, not the steam versions. Obviously I can't just download the portrait pack from steam without having installed the steam version of the game ... Any trick to get them without doing the install?

I had the same issue with the soundtracks. I'd bought them on Steam, but had the games installed via the Beamdog client (I had Steam keys from Beamdog). I contacted Steam support about how to download the soundtracks without installing the games in the Steam client. The answer from Steam was "not possible".
    Altair said:

You should really install the steam versions of the games... don't you like achievements??

If I ever have to use the Steam client again, it will be too soon...
    MirandelThacoBell
    @BelegCuthalion It looks like there's only one option for you available - to download the game and the DLC from Steam and then copy/paste the DLC to your Beamdog game's folder.
    bleusteel
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited September 2017
    Okay, thanks for the confirmation, I'll do a temporary steam install to get them.

Achievements ... Nah, not my priority, I rather play the game in-game, not on a meta level (and without the steam client), but everyone to his liking.
    ShikaoJuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @JuliusBorisov - Any word on making these available for BGEE on Beamdog/GOG?
    No ETA, but we will try to combine it with 2.5.
    AdulAerakarAstroBryGuyAedan
  • KalindorKalindor Member Posts: 51
    Not to pile on, but once these are on GoG I will buy them in a heartbeat along with any other high-quality content you make for the BG series. Take my money!
    A heads up!

The portrait pack is now available on GOG - https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_faces_of_good_and_evil

We're still working towards getting the portrait pack type DLC to beamdog.com
    AdulAstroBryGuy