Skip to content

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Steam Czech Beta

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Czech it out PST:EE fans! A new localization beta for Czech is available on Steam! We’ll be rolling Czech localization into the main version of Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition soon, but we wanted to get your feedback first.

Follow instructions on our Blog to enable the translation: http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/10/planescape-torment-enhanced-edition.html

If you have PST:EE from the Beamdog store, don't hesitate and send a request to support@beamdog.com to get a Steam key.

Please, report any feedback about the translation in this thread.
Aedan

Comments

• DudoDudo Member Posts: 361

Czech it out PST:EE fans! A new localization beta for Czech is available on Steam! We’ll be rolling Czech localization into the main version of Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition soon, but we wanted to get your feedback first.

Follow instructions on our Blog to enable the translation: http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/10/planescape-torment-enhanced-edition.html

If you have PST:EE from the Beamdog store, don't hesitate and send a request to support@beamdog.com to get a Steam key.

Please, report any feedback about the translation in this thread.

And what about the czech language for BG2 ? Finish the translate please !!!
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited October 2017
    I do not understand. Is there a Czech team or did Beamdog pay a localisation this time?
    Post edited by rede9 on
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    rede9 said:

I do not understand. Is there a Czech team or did Beamdog pay a localisation this time?

It depends on whether one person can be considered as a "Czech team". :D
    rede9
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Edvin said:

rede9 said:

Už poněkolikáté to tu prezentuješ jako vlastní češtinu, ale předpokládám, že to je čeština Mawerickova týmu a tys dopřeložil jen těch pár popisků, které pro EE nově vznikly nebo se pletu?
  • IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 608
    Neprezentuje... teda alespoň tady ne a nevím jaké jiné příklady máš na mysli. Každopádně otázka byla jestli je tu český tým a nebo si beamdog zaplatil lokalizaci a Evin je český "tým" :D
    Edvin
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Vedle v klubu:
    Edvin said:

Franky4 said:

Vysvetlite co ma toto znamenat? Su 2 cestiny alebo co?
    http://www.comgad.cz/podpora/2425359-planescape-torment-enhanced-edition-deluxe/

Ne, jen používají moji češtinu :smile:
    Psal jsem tady o tom, ale pak mě kontaktovali z beamdogu a řekli mi ať to smažu...
    Teď už se o tom snad mluvit může.
    Edvin said:

rede9 said:

I'm taking off my hat to that person.
  • Crusader_DanteCrusader_Dante Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2017
    rede9 said:

"did Beamdog pay" - good one. BD isn't able even properly support translating volunteers.
    Post edited by Crusader_Dante on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    rede9 said:

I do not understand.

Being a translator yourself, you know translations are being done by volunteers. So as soon the Czech translation of PST:EE was ready and all the procedures (including those with the right-holders) were complete, we created a beta for PST:EE which included this translation.
    May i ask here what's the statement of Beamdog towards Icewind Dale translation? From my info "Czech team" was asking for tagging the untranslated texts for almost 2 years? It's not a big deal for BD but still they are not willing to do that. That translate could be done in few days or weeks, but looks like BD has no interest on releasing official translate. Thank you for answer, dear Julius.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Crusader_Dante Can you please clarify what you mean? With the 1.4 patch the Czech was released for IWD:EE. Are you saying you don't see the Czech in IWD:EE?
    edited October 2017

rede9 said:

I do not understand.

Being a translator yourself, you know translations are being done by volunteers.
    Yes, but I was not aware so far about a Czech team... I mean person. Never mind. Sorry for the trouble. I’ll take my leave
    Mirak said:

Vedle v klubu:

Edvin said:

Franky4 said:

Vysvetlite co ma toto znamenat? Su 2 cestiny alebo co?
    http://www.comgad.cz/podpora/2425359-planescape-torment-enhanced-edition-deluxe/

Ne, jen používají moji češtinu :smile:
    Psal jsem tady o tom, ale pak mě kontaktovali z beamdogu a řekli mi ať to smažu...
    Teď už se o tom snad mluvit může.
    Tak to se omlovám, že jsem automaticky nenapsal:
    "Ne, comgad pouze dostal od Beamdogu mnou upravenou verzi češtiny, která původně pochází od Mawerickova týmu a od něhož jsem dostal výslovné povolení použít ji jako základ pro vytvoření češtiny do Planescape Torment - Enhanced Edition..." :#

Mě jsem totiž za to, že @Franky4 zajímalo, jestli se jedná o stejnou češtinu, kterou vám tady dávám ke stažení, nebo jestli si comgad nezávsile na mě vytvořit vlastní překlad. Pokud by však jeho otázka byla orientovaná na historii češtiny, rozhodně bych mu poskytnul podrobnější informace.

@Crusader_Dante Can you please clarify what you mean? With the 1.4 patch the Czech was released for IWD:EE. Are you saying you don't see the Czech in IWD:EE?

I'm afraid he's pointing to the fact that the Czech translation IWD:EE has never been completed.

The translation interface can show "100% done" but the number is wrong because the game still contains a fair amount of untranslated text. The problem is that (for some reason) most of the new text has never been marked as "needs to be translated". I repeatedly told that to people from Beamdog for a VERY long time and nobody ever did anything. It was very frustrating...
    Crusader_Danterede9JuliusBorisov
    edited October 2017
    Edvin said:

I repeatedly told that to people from Beamdog for a VERY long time and nobody ever did anything.

Do you mean from the time of @Jalily and @KeithS ? When they left Beamdog stayed without Localisation Manager for ages and all ongoing problems were slighted.
    Have you tried with @Coriander ? He is conscientious. Even @JuliusBorisov is euergetic.
    Even the Italian Team has had a lot of troubles but now finally they are gone and the work proceeds.
    Post edited by rede9 on
    Edvin said:

I'm afraid he's pointing to the fact that the Czech translation IWD:EE has never been completed.

The translation interface can show "100% done" but the number is wrong because the game still contains a fair amount of untranslated text. The problem is that (for some reason) most of the new text has never been marked as "needs to be translated". I repeatedly told that to people from Beamdog for a VERY long time and nobody ever did anything. It was very frustrating...

Exactly, nothing more to say. Looks like someone in Beamdog isn't doing his job (decently said). Then Beamdog can be curious, why people like Edvin have no more interest to do their work for BD, when they are treated like this.

PS: Even if you consider that as completed translate, on steam page of IWD it shows Czech language as unsupported language - just marketing tip.
    edited October 2017

Looks like someone in Beamdog isn't doing his job (decently said).

Not exactly. Nobody was doing that job. I can tell you now there is a so-called Localization Coordinator. It leaps in my mind his identity has never be claimed, I guess for a reason.
    Crusader_Dante
    @rede9
    Can you, as a fellow translator, answer one question?

How much faster do you think you could work IF would Beamdog translation interface included the option to display dialog trees? You know, such a tiny thing that would allow you to find out immediately who speaks, to whom the question is addressed or which question was answered.
    edited October 2017
    Of course dialog trees are important to know the inflection of a noun (masculine/feminine; singular/plural; etc.).
    Do you precisely want to display dialog trees in the translation interface?
    Would it be the same a separate document with the dialog trees shown?
    Anyway I do not know it is feasible with these old EE games.
    The only way to work is to translate apace counting on a well managed beta-testing phase.
    Post edited by rede9 on
    edited October 2017
    rede9 said:

Of course dialog trees are important to know the inflection of a noun (masculine/feminine; singular/plural; etc.).

Amen.
    rede9 said:

Would it be the same a separate document with the dialog trees shown?

Definitely not, because in documents you have no option to see your previous work.
    Also, do you know how difficult is to do proofreading after other translators without the ability to display text effectively?
    rede9 said:

Anyway I do not know it is feasible with these old EE games.
    The only way is a well directed beta-testing phase.

It's funny that you say it, because it's actually very simple.
    Even VERY old (18 years) and VERY simple programs can display dialog trees from text files in BG, IWD and Torment. The texts themselves are actually in a format that allows them to be displayed in the form of dialog trees. It seems hard to believe that Beamdog does not have one of at least a little experienced programmer who would be able to do something similar to what people did 18 years ago.

Just pick any character you want
    (There are even separate folders for dialogs, romance and banters)

And here are organized dialog trees

P2.jpg 235.5K
    rede9Crusader_Dante
    Maybe it would be worth to create topic where translators could support this idea. Hopefully it would force Beamdog to do something about that.
    Every sentence in this thread is read by the company. All the feedback is appreciated.
    Crusader_Dante
    Closing this thread as the translation is now not in the beta.
This discussion has been closed.