Skip to content

Stats for solo sorc

I have looking high and low everywhere I can every wording I can think of. First off running solo as dragon disciple elf. Does alignment matter for items or spells. What abilities are most important down the line and can I get by without wish. And mandatory spell selection for end game. This is all on iwdee on a tablet if that matters.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    mf2112semiticgoddesslolien
  • GoodkallGoodkall Member Posts: 7
    That brings up another question. The amount of summon spells there are begs the question which ones will scale well into end game and which can I skip for getting buffs debuffs and damage spells? Like the summon djinn and shadow monsters, how can I know which ones are worthwhile and which ones will becone obsolete at end game.
    This is hof insane difficulty as well.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    One more question of you while I have you here. Death spell. Doesn't do anything. The sparks fly up it says I cast, but there is no text about enemies rolling saves or anything and no one dies. I'm using it on the giants and priests in the temple to look for the heart stone.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    Goodkall said:

One more question of you while I have you here. Death spell. Doesn't do anything. The sparks fly up it says I cast, but there is no text about enemies rolling saves or anything and no one dies. I'm using it on the giants and priests in the temple to look for the heart stone.

Death Spells Kills enemies with Level less 9. No Save. Does nothing to enemies Level 9 or above. Magic Resistance can block it. Useful against Umber Hulks and trolls.

Exception: summoned Creatures are killed with no regard to Level or MR. Demons and Deva/Planetars are gated and not summoned, though.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    you're gonna hit a big road bump for belhifet though. he is immune to everything that isn't physical damage
    Redrakesemiticgoddess
    I got myself surrounded by lizard men in the caves before the dragons eye, with stonesskin and mirror image, and cast 4 death spells directly on myself surrounded by enemies. I never did any rolls, the enemy never did any rolls and nothing happened. This is on hof solo with a level 14 dragon disciple. I heard death spell killed all below 6 and above 6 gets a saving throw. What is the correct answer?
    edited November 2017
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited November 2017
    @Goodkall - There is no saving throw on Death Spell. The spell's projectile does a hit dice check. According to the post linked below, HoF mode gives creatures 12 additional hit dice. So, those 2 HD lizard men would be 14 HD lizard men in HoF mode. They are probably above the threshold that Death spell can affect.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36764/turn-undead-tables

Spells like Sleep, Power Word [X], and Death Spell that are limited by Hit Dice/Hit Points (also a Cleric's turning ability), are basically useless in HoF mode.

EDIT: According to this reference, creatures with more than 8 hit dice are immune to Death Spell.

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Spell

Taken together with the +12 hit dice modifier for HoF, Death Spell couldn’t kill a squirrel in HoF.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehrwsnavigator
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Yes. The Death Spell has virtually no use in HoF mode.
    AstroBryGuy
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426

you're gonna hit a big road bump for belhifet though. he is immune to everything that isn't physical damage

First let him get past Yxunomei and her traps&team.

Also, it is likely that a solo sorcerer is going to need a few years to finish the game (game years). That is due to serial resting abuse. It is a good thing Belhifet is willing to postpone his campaign to conquer Icewind Dale.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited November 2017
    Damn. How did no one say shape change? All I do is cast shades into rooms, with my shield mirror images and stone skin, cast shape change go mind flayer, and just 1 shot everything with devour brain. If I need health, werewolf form heals 6 HP per second. Also dragon disciple plus protect from elements means meteors heal me. This became crazy easy at the severed hand.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.