Skip to content

hungarian translation

DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
Hi, i saw the hungarian text translation in android version and i have some critics about translated spells, class names.
The first is, why translate paladin to lovag, it wasnt necessary, the paladin term is more than a knight, and there isnt any hungarian word direct to paladin. And the spell lesser restoration, how the hell it translated to kisebb restauracio - its best translation is kisebb helyreallitas as the original dnd3 hungarian translation use. I not found any email adress to discuss it but if u know pls write me.
lolien

Comments

• JonalethJonaleth Member Posts: 1
    My only problem with the hungarian translation is, that some of the ingame fonts doesnt have the characters "Ő" and "Ű", and they are shown as "□". Please fix this.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited June 2016
    The best way to get them included is to add it to Redmine as a Feature Request. Just use the format from the first post in this thread https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs/p1 and choose "Feature Request" in the drop down in Redmine instead of "Bug".
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    The problems is, its a dead project. The translation is so old, created for bg1 and soa-tob, the new content not translated at all. So, i use english language, because the hungrian translation in this current form is useless, broken, and there arent any hungarian translatior team to upgrade the text.
    mf2112
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Hello @Danacm ! It's an old comment, but i see that you are still visiting the forum. I'm in the hungarian translator team, but not active just now because of other projects. However i plan to pick up the work in the near future if all goes well, so your notes shared here can be useful. The leader of the team is @Nemes_ , he works slowly on the new content but not very active on the forum. I can pass on any remarks to him.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @lolien @Danacm Unfortunately @Nemes_ is not available as the team lead for the hungarian project. As far as I know the project is inactive.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • KisgombKisgomb Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1
    Helló IoIien! Nemessel nemrég beszéltem. Azt mondta, hogy már nem vezeti a fordítást, nincs rá ideje. Én tavaly csatlakoztam azt hiszem hozzá, hogy az EE verzió fordítása is meglegyen. Megcsináltam majdnem 1000 sor nyers fordítását a translate.baldursgate.com oldalon. Ezt az adagot még ő adta nekem, amikor jelentkeztem nála. Azért írtam, hogy nyers fordítás, mert biztos, hogy egymáshoz kell igazítani a bejegyzéseket. Szerintem be kellene fejezni ezt a projektet. Szerinted?
    lolien
  • soge8soge8 Member Posts: 1
    Sziasztok, csatlakozni lehetne? BG vagy IWD is érdekelne... Feltételek?
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    soge8 said:

Sziasztok, csatlakozni lehetne? BG vagy IWD is érdekelne... Feltételek?

Great! Register on https://translate.baldursgate.com/ and send an email to loc@beamdog.com.
  • MethallMethall Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 17
    Hi there!
    I'd like to help in this project (or finish it myself). I've sent a mail to loc@beamdog.com already. No answer yet. Let me know how to proceed.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Hello @Methall ! Sent you a PM
    JuliusBorisov
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    Hi @Methall, I received your email and sent you a response as well.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MethallMethall Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 17
    Thanks Guys! Looking forward to participate in this.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited June 2021
    Danacm wrote: »
    there isnt any hungarian word direct to paladin

Late bump, but since you brought similar up in the other topic in the last hours... M.A.G.U.S.'s 1993 rulebook included a conversion template from AD&D which calls the class "paplovag". It might be an idea they came up with (M.A.G.U.S. always put a lot of effort into the divine aspects afterall), but I consider that term an appropriate translation.

I'll try to get involved in this I guess, atleast BG1 should be finished with the 2.6 additions.
    lolien
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    Without terms like intelligencia gyűjtögetők ? :smiley:
    Sure, but there aren’t anyone who want to works in this translation anymore.
    Btw Paplovag fine maybe templomos (because there is no templar here), but simple lovag is appropiate as well.