Skip to content

Dual Class importing

kovachkovach Member Posts: 10
edited November 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hi All,
I have imported my party from SoD to BG2EE (Windows, 2.3.67.3), and one of the characters is a dual class fighter/mage. Original: fighter, locked at level 3. After imported, his kit is "Grizzly Bear" instead of Fighter, and cannot use mage-only items, such as the Metaspell Amulet or wizard scrolls. I've removed the kit with EE keeper to make him similar to Imoen who works properly as a dual classed character, but still all mage-only items are unequipable (marked with red border). How can I fix it?

(to make it clearer, upper is the current, edited stage, bottom is the original, right after importing; I guess it should work now, but doesn't)

Post edited by kovach on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Kovach A bug like that is definitely hard to bear. Can you zip and attach your saves, please: one from BG1 and another from BG2, please?
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    That's not a bug, it's an upgrade lol.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    That is pure awesomeness, IMnsHO. You ever see a grizzly in the wild? No, because you are still alive.
  • kovachkovach Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2017
    BG1 was modded by the G3 pack. At first I tried BG2 modded, then made a clean install, the bug remains. This saved game is from the clean install.
    I experienced with setting the Kit to Fighter or Base Class, no effect on the issue.
    Additionally, EEKeeper crashes when I try to give an inventory item and save it, without changing the Grizzly Kit.
    Thanks for anyone who tries to help me.
    Post edited by kovach on
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @kovach, open the game no problems with EEKeeper 1.0.4.0 and had a quick look. The "can not use Mage items" problem is related with effects in the Effects Tab. I can't say how they got there when importing, but if if you go into the Effects Tab and remove all of the "Item: Can't Use Itemtype [181]", you will be permitted to use the items of concern (with a kit change). You may also want to remove the other Effects as they may not belong to your character type either.

If you are having difficulites with EEKeeper, I can remove all of the effects or just the itemtype restriction and upload the saved game here. Let me know the specifics (ie: kit type etc..)

For info, I was able to give the items while the character was he a Grizzly kit, he couldn't use scrolls, removed the can't use itemtype and he still couldn't use the scrolls. I then changed the original fighter kit to base class and had no problems using scrolls and amulet.

Hope this helps.

Gus
  • kovachkovach Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2017
    Thank you, Gus, it finally works by removing all effects.

Edit: also some animal special ability was needed to remove. I don't know how my character changed to a bear.
    Post edited by kovach on