Skip to content

A NWN:EE Countdown on beamdog.com

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited November 2017 in Archived News
Greetings, everyone!

You might have noticed a Mysterious Countdown has appeared on https://www.beamdog.com/, which will end at 12 PST/1PM MST, Nov 21.

ARE YOU READY?
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
RVNSO_BruceThacoBellAedanMiridorAndreaColombololienkanisathaFlashburn[Deleted User]GusindakaguanaStummvonBordwehrSssiksseilorcmk24tbone1AstroBryGuy

Comments

• RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    GIVE ME!

I WANT THE SECRETS!
    Baptor
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Brace yourselves. Speculations threads are coming.
    RVNSBaptor
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    Nope. Definitely Clock Countdown:EE.

All the clock simulations, all the time, every day, all day.

VERY TRENDY INDEED SIR!

lack of sleep wins today apparently.
    tbone1
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    No speculation here, but here are my wishes.

Either...

1. The Icewind Dale 2 source code was found, and an IWD2:EE is coming.
    2. A new isometric Infinity Engine D&D game is coming (i.e. Baldur's Gate 3, etc)

What I hope it isn't, is some non-D&D related weird game they've decided to launch in order to "get away from D&D games" like Runic did when they abandoned the Torchlight franchise. And where is Runic? Gone baby, gone.
    RVNSGusinda
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited November 2017
    Last minute speculations ?

Brainstorm: IWD2EE, new D&D RPG, NWN:EE and possible holy grail of rpgs: BG3

BG2EE was released on November 22nd. Coincidence ?
    RVNS
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    ICEWIND DALE 3, PLEASE
    BaptorRVNS
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Get hyped.
    RVNSThacoBell
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited November 2017
    The funny thing is, I'd be excited if this was IWD 2.5 finally arriving on Steam.
    We know this isn't a PS:T sequel: eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-14-beamdog-new-planescape-torment-unravel. It'll be interesting to see what this is though!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Noober Action Figure™ at last!
    ThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Suspect @TrentOster has finally finished building his hydraulic press and wants to show off a little ;)
    YupImMadBrololien

The funny thing is, I'd be excited if this was IWD 2.5 finally arriving on Steam.
    We know this isn't a PS:T sequel: eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-14-beamdog-new-planescape-torment-unravel. It'll be interesting to see what this is though!

From that article: "We're also going to be developing our own projects and brands. For now I can't reveal anything, but going forward you'll see both great licensed and original IP projects from Beamdog,"

"Our own projects and brands..." makes it sound like they aren't making anything like an IE D&D game. Reminds me again of Runic who made 2 great Torchlight ARPGs and then were like, "we don't want to be known for that game, we want to make something original!" They did that, it was not well received, and that company has now dissolved.

Beamdog, we are here for Baldur's Gate and games like it. If you go off and make some kind of indie game that's nothing like that - don't expect this fanbase to buy it.
    Dev6
    Baptor said:

From that article: "We're also going to be developing our own projects and brands. For now I can't reveal anything, but going forward you'll see both great licensed and original IP projects from Beamdog,"

"Our own projects and brands..." makes it sound like they aren't making anything like an IE D&D game. Reminds me again of Runic who made 2 great Torchlight ARPGs and then were like, "we don't want to be known for that game, we want to make something original!" They did that, it was not well received, and that company has now dissolved.

Beamdog, we are here for Baldur's Gate and games like it. If you go off and make some kind of indie game that's nothing like that - don't expect this fanbase to buy it.
    To be fair, the Infinity Engine enhanced editions have run their course now. But I do agree that it may be difficult to make existing customers happy if they don't make games of similar caliber.
    BaptorThacoBell

To be fair, the Infinity Engine enhanced editions have run their course now. But I do agree that it may be difficult to make existing customers happy if they don't make games of similar caliber.

Personally, I can play Infinity Engine games until they nail me shut in a box. The Enhanced Editions are beautiful and I'd love to play more like them. But I know that's not everyone.

However I'd be fine with a new D&D or Realms isolinear game done with modern graphics such as Pillars of Eternity. I enjoy that game a lot and to me it's the perfect successor to the IE games. If Beamdog utilizes the license they've been given to do D&D games and Forgotten Realms games to make a game like that, they will likely usurp Pillars.

But if they make something radically different, such as a non-D&D first person shooter or something like that - I am out as a customer. And it would make me very sad.

YupImMadBroAndreaColomboGusinda
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm excited whatever it is. I would personally love an original IP. Beamdog have shown themselves capable or writing lovable characters and great scenarios and dungeon designs. I'd love to see a new IP that they can go all out on without being constrained by liscence.
    The video looks legit, but this just seems so unlikely. The footage doesn't look any different from the original. Could it be fake? Couldn't be fake... Could it?
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I don't even care so long as multiplayer returns with a functioning master server so you don't need to rely on external server browsers to look for multiplayer games. That's literally all I ask of NWN:EE. The master server's death killed NWN's multiplayer.
    [Deleted User]
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @JuliusBorisov - Since the cat is out of the bag (press embargo, anyone?), any info on the release date? Also, what platforms will be supported?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FlashburnBelgarathMTH
    I've tried to get into NWN. If I were to ask for an EE feature it would be to speed up the turns in combat. I feel like the Infinite Engine handled real-time combat much better.
  • SFischSFisch Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2017
    Beyond excited for this! I hope this leads to a revitalization of the persistent worlds. I've been playing the same one for the last 12 years or so and the decline in playerbase has been slow, but steady. There's a lot to love in these old games and a lot of stories and role playing you can pour into them with the DM client. Nothing else like it exists and I'm super glad Beamdog finally got the rights to do an EE of it!
    FlashburnBelgarathMTH
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AstroBryGuyThrasymachus
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited November 2017
    Hmmm, iOS and Android aren't listed... That's too bad. I love PST:EE on my iPad.

EDIT: They've officially given up the "mystery"...

[Deleted User]FlashburnthemazingnessAedan
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.