Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights EE

According to these guys the countdown clock on the Beamdog site is for Neverwinter Nights EE.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/11/20/beamdog-announces-neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-for-pc.aspx

It has a video on it. Looks good. Definitely will preorder.
Cvijeta

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    This video looks like the standard vanilla NWN.
    superfly2000
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
    RESTORED MULTIPLAYER HERE I COME
    Originalnwnonlysuperfly2000
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited November 2017
    Well, I don't really care about graphics improvements. In a NWN-EE all I want is PRC, CEP and Project Q content added to the core of the game.

And the 3.5 rules instead of the 3.0 ones.
    Flashburn
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i just hope this does not break existing fan made modules. unlike pst i got NWN for free during the end of the year on gog. but it has issues that this could fix, so if it's true looking forward to it.
    superfly2000
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Well, if the article is to be believed, it IS backwards compatible.
    i posted that before reading the article fully.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I saw Trent share the article on FB, and proceeded to tagged 2 friends, and know 3 others who will likely be interested.

I'm hoping I can finally beat it this time!
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    Not getting to play NWN the way I wanted to is one of the great regrets of my adolescence. I was part of ALFA (A land far away) and was all set to play.... and then the hak paks were so huge my poor 56k couldn't handle it and had to skip out as they were releasing so many my friends who had modern internet couldn't send them along on CD fast enough. This will be great.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Well if they implement Bards as they were in NWN2 then they can just shut up and take my money.
    saramakos
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I hope they enhanced it to be isometric view...
    MiridorThacoBell
  • knasknas Member Posts: 50
    Missed the livestream :( Any chance of it getting uploaded to youtube?

So excited for this! Been part of the modding community of nwn since launch :)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Live stream is happening tomorrow, or 13 hours from this post, give or take a couple of minutes.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    I agree vvith @Lilura i had nvvn 1 for a year but i barely played it as it has alot of tech issues. like the movies not playing properly, the ui going transparent ,etc.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Well this is good news, esp. since NWN is unplayable for me above 1360x768 resolution, and it looks like crap on my 4k monitor.
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
    Yep, some of the tech issues are enumerated in this post.

Thank you to Trent Oster for putting NWN back in the spotlight; the mainstream is largely ignorant of the game's greatness.
    FlashburnBelleSorciereaarionnBelgarathMTH
    edited November 2017
    Lilura said:

Yep, some of the tech issues are enumerated in this post.

Thank you to Trent Oster for putting NWN back in the spotlight; the mainstream is largely ignorant of the game's greatness.

Edit: Nevermind, issue fixed. Weird.

Edit 2: Nevermind, now my character is invisible. I'll just wait for the EE.
    edited November 2017
    So like further experimentation:

If I play in windowed mode, my character's body is invisible. If I play in fullscreen mode at 1360x768, my character's body is visible.

Weird. I'm glad we're getting the EE soon. I mean not just for that reason. I hope this is a shot in the arm to the NWN community. Although I enjoyed NWN2, I never cared for how it fragmented the community. And then as @Lilura pointed out, all those NWN-related sites got shut down.
    BelgarathMTH
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    Ohhh this is AMAZING! NWN is my favorite game of all rpgs. Please do a good job of enhancing it and it will live for many more years! I hope this will bring moders back and we will get even more modules and campaigns. Insta-preorder for me even though I posses all possible releases of this game :)
    FlashburnCvijetaBelgarathMTH
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    I was totally and I mean TOTALLY disappointed with NWN back in the day, so....

I never asked for this........

No IWD2:EE, no Chimeric....pestilence, war, hunger, death, microtransactions....
  • OriginalnwnonlyOriginalnwnonly Member Posts: 28
    I've never woke up to such brilliant news in all my life the only reason I've ever wanted to get rich was to relaunch nwn.

But my excitement comes with alot of fears so many favourite games have been re relaunched and destroyed with all user friendly changes ruining battle systems talent trees etc taking away the skill from the games

Nwn was always about your build and it better stay that way the roll system was amazing the game is pretty much perfect already in my eyes only thing it ever lacked was dedicated servers to support larger amounts of players.

I'm gagging for this to come back but if they change anything about race class building or battles rolls I won't be playing.

Don't fuck this beam dog or I'll forever be dead inside.

Cvijetaaarionn
    Nwn 2 was a massive flop they released it on dvd disc which at the time wasn't something most pc gamers had alot of machines struggled to run it meaning costly upgrades to play the game which immediately lost players it was buggy as fuck and the system changes were terrible aswell as the camera angles I prefer to pretend it never existed.
    Also praying it doesnt become another pay to win. I get there going to need revenue but I'd rather pay a subscription to keep the game pure. Too many games become credit card wars.

• 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    Best game in gaming history because of toolset and DM client.

But the first gen 3d graphics have aged horribly. Not sure the shader tricks will be up for the task if poly count remains the same. The only thing NWN needs is next gen graphics to replace the lego models and blocky environments.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    The downside of 3D models is that they look really bad after a while. I’m hoping the devs addressed this in the EE. Besides that, I’m pretty stoked. The game itself was very fun. Will definitely pick this up when it’s out.
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    I really hope a new (long) campaign will be included in this enhanced edition, otherwise I don't see much of a point in getting it - unlike BG or PS:T, I've never had any technical difficulties with running the original game on my current pc.
    At least this does give me hope that there might be an EE of NWN2 on the horizon at some point in time, which would actually be quite useful if they can fix the infuriating performance issues the original game suffers from.
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    Neverwinter Nights 2 literally melted a graphics card of mine. And it wasn't even a particularly good looking game!

(I mean, it was a cheap graphics card and I should not have tried to run the game on it, but still.)
    Enuhal
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    The beamdog nwn forums are active!
    BelgarathMTH