Skip to content

Please help me choose a party!

DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Hey ya!

Guys, I have started a new BG1 run and intend to have either one of these parties . I've got NPC project installed and my main concern is , basically, story and party interaction (I'm an experienced player so combat-wise I believe I can make do with either one). So far I know that Dynaheir's got a romance , which is actually my favorite, but I don't know if it fits my bard (he's a bit cocky for the likes of Dyna), besides both Coran and Alora are fun party members. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks in advance !
  1. Please help me choose a party!35 votes
    1. A (Blade, Imoen , Kivan, Coran , Alora, Viconia)
      34.29%
    2. B (Blade, Imoen, Kivan, Dynaheir, Minsc, Viconia)
      51.43%
    3. Other
      14.29%
Blackraven

Comments

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Only one of these parties has Minsc. The choice is obvious.
    ProontDragonspearQueegon
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If you Blade is a bit too cocky for Dyna, I think A will work better rp wise.
    DJKajuru
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I vote A. Alora is the greatest thief of BG1 mechanically and in personality and with Kivan/Coran you can breeze through everything.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Neither of these parties has a dwarf. The choice is obvious.
    BlackravenDevardKrownQueegonbutteredsoul
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    You have Imoen.
    Blackraven
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Not sure about that Human Blade in slot 1, but the rest of the party's okay.
    Ardul
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Blades are stupid strong and fun to play. I see no problem.
    Arctodus
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Coran has a great friendship mod and Alora, well, that girl can pickpocket the pants off a... well, bout anything that has pants after awhile. B)
    Blackraven
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    A, but dual Immy to a mage as soon as you get another thief. You don't need three thieves and you could use more arcane magic.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Iirc there are conflicts between kivan and viconia
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    edited December 2017
    unless you want bickering with viconia and keep your rep under 18 you gotta rush durlags to get the helmet.
    tbone1 said:

Neither of these parties has a dwarf. The choice is obvious.

replace viconia with yeslick , problems solved.

Pantalion
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited December 2017
    Hey everyone! Alright , we should I start?

@Dev6 minsc is great , indeed! If I don't pick'em in BG1I surely might in SoD!
    @ThacoBell , I usually have other classes romance Dyna but I think that bards/rogues usually avoid bonding with lawful good wizardresses ...
    As for blades , I agree! Besides, their kit limitations are temporary as they still got the 2nd highest lore value in the game and their pickpocket skill can be increased .
    @tbone1 I usually have dwarves in my lawful parties. I like the whole "the hobbit" feel :)
    @UnderstandMouseMagic how daaare you
    @Zaghoul yep , having imoen , alora and coran just screams "party" all around!
    @Montresor_SP well, I try to be canon and dual her at level 7 , but that's usually the level she's close to when we meet coran. We will need at least one functioning thief for Durlag's Tower, though.
    @Dragonspear I've had npc project installed for many years and they don't seem to interact much. However, there's some original content where they mention each other, such as when a companion dies.

@DevardKrown I'll be careful , I know a few points in the game where you can lose reputation without murdering innocents.

Guys , I think I might pick option A but I'll still get to rescue dynaheir along with minsc and have them in my party in SoD. ;)
    Montresor_SPDragonspearZaghoulProont