Skip to content

Welcome to the 2.5 Update beta!

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
Greetings, all Infinity Engine enthusiasts!

Later this week we will release the 2.5 Update beta, and this subforum will be a place for all of you to give and discuss impressions, share your feedback, check instructions on how to report bugs, and find other players to test the beta in Multiplayer.

The open beta for the 2.5 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will start this week and will be available at Beamdog, Steam and GooglePlay.

The 2.5 Update beta will run over the holidays, with the final release arriving in 2018 across all stores and platforms

Instructions on how to join the beta will be released this week.

Comments

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Hmm, this subforum is not called "The Road to 2.5" like it was for previous open betas? What's the reason for the naming change?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Thels said:

Hmm, this subforum is not called "The Road to 2.5" like it was for previous open betas? What's the reason for the naming change?

Well, maybe this patch is just a conversion of Mac 2.4 one with something more... Nah... It's just a loose denomination most likely.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

Will there be a list of changes somewhere here?

I, too, would like to see the list of changes. :)
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I, three, would like to see the list of changes... :P
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited December 2017
    The real question is will we get a badge for beta testing 2.5 :p

PS: this topic does not seem to appear in the Recent Discussions page.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited December 2017
    lefreut said:

PS: this topic does not seem to appear in the Recent Discussions page.

Yep, as this thread was not supposed to appear today :) Anyway, everyone: just wait a bit, and there will be everything: the list of changes, the badge info, etc etc. As for the subforum title - just a design choice by me.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724