Skip to content

CLUAConsole entry problem in Android IWD:EE

I have edited the baldur.ini file to include
'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
which is in
Android>Data>com.beamdog.icewinddale>files
but I can't type anything into the console window when it comes up. I have an RCA Viking Pro 10.1 tablet with a pretty standard keyboard. I can open the console area by pressing the Ctrl+Enter combination, which is the same for me in BGEE & BG2EE. When I start typing in IWDEE, nothing is showing in the console area and there's no cursor. Once I get to one of the keys that has an action (like "h") the console window closes and the key action takes place. I have the latest for Android (I believe), v.1.4.0. Is there anyone else experiencing this issue? and if so, what is a solution?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited December 2017
    You have to edit the baldur.lua file, not the ini.
    Check this thread for more info.
  • GrawmpyGrawmpy Member Posts: 2
    There is no .lua file in this version. It is not for Windows or Mac, this is Android, and it contains a baldur.ini file. They may change this in a future update, but for now this is what I have. I actually found a report I added information on here https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/24044 so I know this is an ongoing issue for the Android version and is (hopefully) going to be addressed in future builds.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Grawmpy You have added information and said there "I have the latest for Android (I believe), v.1.4.0" There's a new beta of 2.5 available which contains tons of fixes for Android. Check here how to opt-in the beta!
    RAM021
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Grawmpy, if you don't want to go beta for whatever reason, you can also give this a go. Never used it myself as I didn't use the console on Android but I did use the Hacker's Keyboard as my keyboard of choice for my tablet. There was never any problem.

Gus