Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

It's officially confirmed, folks - the next title from Beamdog will be Airplanescape: Paper Edition.

LOL!
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

Did you actually know that Beamdog only hired @David_Gaider to troll us fans? He only sits around the office all day and throws paperplanes at the rest of the staff.

Well, so much for the "paperless" office!
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

It's officially confirmed, folks - the next title from Beamdog will be Airplanescape: Paper Edition.

Hm, my sources told me it was Airplane! The Movie! The Game! Enhanced Edition. Then again, my sources are the voices in my head, so ...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    tbone1 said:

Hm, my sources told me it was Airplane! The Movie! The Game! Enhanced Edition. Then again, my sources are the voices in my head, so ...
    Well have they ever lied to you? Who said Beamdog has only one Secret Project (tm)? :)
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    mlnevese said:

tbone1 said:

Then again, my sources are the voices in my head, so ...

Well have they ever lied to you? Who said Beamdog has only one Secret Project (tm)? :)
    Yes, when they told me to sell Apple stock at $85 because it was bound to go down. Mind you, they did tell me to buy at $21.

tbone1 said:

mlnevese said:

tbone1 said:

Then again, my sources are the voices in my head, so ...

Yes, when they told me to sell Apple stock at $85 because it was bound to go down. Mind you, they did tell me to buy at $21.

Let's be fair with the voices... nobody could predict the miracle Apple would do... it was sound advice to sell at that price.
    tbone1 said:

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game Enhanced Edition. I think thats what the new game is called.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    tbone1 said:

@tbone1 - Surely, you can't be serious.

tbone1 said:

@tbone1 - Surely, you can't be serious.
    Theres an Airplane videogame!?
    scriver said:

Gaider was probably hired to help out with Daigle's BGEE dating simulator.

Charname as the protagonist of a harem anime. Muyo's Gate
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Any chance of a Christmas reveal of some details on an unnamed project?
    kcwise said:

Any chance of a Christmas reveal of some details on an unnamed project?

''How Minsc and Boo saved Christmas or the Forgotten Realms equivalent''.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Please, I'm still getting over Ernest saves Christmas
    lroumen said:

Please, I'm still getting over Ernest saves Christmas

''Minsc Scared Stupid''.
    This is what actually happened to cupid...
    mlnevese said:

I get It.......

I don't get It.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623

mlnevese said:

I get It.......

I don't get It.
    Count me in! I am jumping on the IDGI bandwagon.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    tbone1 said:

I just want to tell you folks at Beamdog, Good Luck. We're all counting on you...
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Balrog99 said:

tbone1 said:

I just want to tell you folks at Beamdog, Good Luck. We're all counting on you...
    NWN does not need an update. It has a vibrant community, I honestly believe all that can be squeezed out of NWN has. I mean, look at PRC. Now, NWN2 is a different story, because the graphics are on pair with PS1 or N64 graphics which is INSANE for a 2004 game, and it is buggy as hell. When it is not outright crashing, the game often FORGETS you cleared a quest, forcing you to reload and do the quest again. And, I might add, my "new" (couple of years old, bought second hand, what I am not a millionaire, who TF can actually afford a high end new computer!!?) that runs Witcher 3 in the almost highest graphics setting possible without a hitch starts to scream when I run NWN2. I kid you not. My graphics card start going EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when I play this game, and no other game does. Why did BD pick NWN, which is fine, well at least engine wise and not crashing wise and graphics wise, and not NWN2!!? Makes no sense at all! I mean, if you had picked NWN2, then I would understand. But you did not!

Meanwhile, my android is still waiting for SoD, and Arcanum is still SORELY in need of an EE. And what about Defenders of the crown;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86ArHF1qi_0&t=709s
    This game, done right, have SOOOOO much potential. I mean, they tried with the NES and again with the PS2, but the truth is they FAILED to capture to essence of the game in the PS2 and the graphics for the NES actually betrayed what a pearl it really is.

But I was lying when I said it makes no sense, because actually, it kind of does make sense. NWN has, like I said, a vibrant community, and a BD investor could easily have pointed to this and said "I want that!". My impression, from picking NWN, is that BD does not have the balls to stand up to their investors. I mean, investors are great... at some things, no denying, they are millionaires and I am not... but they DO NOT!!!! understand gaming. Look at the PSP GO. Raped to death by greedy investors. Look at Evolve. The gazillions of micro transactions... it was also raped to death by greedy investors.

Now, I am not dissing BD, and truth be told, as much as I hate NWN, I probably will buy NWN EE, because 20 bux < 10 hours of exploring a "new" game. Well, actually I am dissing BD, but in a good way. I try to put them back on the trail again. I have seen blue comments in this thread, so I know they are paying attention. So, to amplify my previous point; STOP LISTENING TO INVESTORS!!! THEY KNOW JACK SHIT!!! DO YOUR THING!!!

In my personal life, I was once almost fired for incompetence... by doing the bidding of a supervisor I KNEW was full of shit. After a while, I stopped paying attention to my supervisor, and guess what. By showing progress, by showing results, I got to stay and my supervisor was sent to a Gulag or something, I dunno. I never saw my supervisor again, after a vicious confrontation, that forced my bossman to think and to take action. Now, I know you never get rid of investors in the same way, and if you do, that is actually not a good thing, because when they leave they also leave with their money. But my point is that sometimes, you just have to follow your heart, or bar that, at least your brains! If you are on a path you KNOW ends in failure and misery... DO NOT take it!
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    DrakeICN said:

NWN does not need an update. It has a vibrant community, I honestly believe all that can be squeezed out of NWN has.

I guess you haven't heard that Beamdog disagrees? http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/nwnee-head-start-patch-notes-v748151.html