Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    What about it ? The pizza delivery man gets killed by the Mephits and you get free pizza !! Hooray !!
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Artona said:

This Cowled Wizard we kill for Edwin... why does he leave the door open? Isn't he worried that mephits will escape into the city?
    And what if there is a postman with a letter from distant relative? Does he deserve to be fried (or crushed) to death?

Maybe he pissed off Edwin just to test his defenses.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The lock that he uses on his door is just SO GOOD that even he can't get in. It locks/unlocks only from the outside.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    ThacoBell said:

The lock that he uses on his door is just SO GOOD that even he can't get in. It locks/unlocks only from the outside.

Lol, what?

ThacoBell said:

Lol, what?
    The cowled wizard Edwin asks you to kill. He can't lock/unlock it from inside and it blocks magic, so he has to leave his home unlocked when he his home.
    @ThacoBell

Ah okay, that makes since.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Artona said:

This Cowled Wizard we kill for Edwin... why does he leave the door open? Isn't he worried that mephits will escape into the city?
    And what if there is a postman with a letter from distant relative? Does he deserve to be fried (or crushed) to death?

Maybe his utter carelessness is why Edwin wants him dead?
    @JoenSo
    Edwin wants Rayic dead because Rayic was investigating him. It's textbook LE to "remove" the problem via third party means,
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Let me just emphasize that I didn’t really think Edwin wanted someone dead because they forgot to lock their door.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    JoenSo said:

Let me just emphasize that I didn’t really think Edwin wanted someone dead because they forgot to lock their door.

OTOH, would you put it past him?
    I think we're all avoiding the real logic question here......what is pizza delivery doing in a 14th century fictional setting?
    @Raduziel
    Well you got me there
    @Montresor_SP @Balrog99 @Zaghoul
    ALL HAIL THE CAT! We will worship him with geographically inaccurate tombs which we shall litter all across the series.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Pantalion said:

Druid Logic: In order to harness the magic of the natural world, you must be dedicated to balance and neutrality.

Rangers, who use the magic of the natural world?
    Must always be good.

Maybe that's why rangers only get a few spells. Nature throws them a bone despite their goody-goody tendencies.
    That's something 3rd ed got right. Any flavor of neutral should be allowed.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    ThacoBell said:

Chaotic Evil Bishop the Ranger says hi.

D&D Druids: No edition is logical.
    Pantalion said:

ThacoBell said:

Chaotic Evil Bishop the Ranger says hi.

D&D Druids: No edition is logical.
    Bishop is rubbish anyway.
    @ThacoBell
    When I think of Bishop, all I can think about is the guy from the 2003 Turtles cartoon.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    But charname did kill them...
    @lroumen
    In this case, yes.

In some cases? No.

The important thing is that whether or not charname was the murderer, they still get blamed.

Either

#1: Charname really does murder the Iron Throne Leaders, a choice and scenario manipulated by Sarevok to happen at exactly the right moment.

OR

#2: Charname chooses to spare the Iron Throne Leaders in a show of respect for Candlekeep's traditions and they are ultimate framed because Sarevok had a backup plan.

Either way, you were never going to walk out of there without getting arrested. The only thing Sarevok forgot to account for?: Tethtoril

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    The way I understand it. Charname actually knows that something will happen because it is the sole reason charname goes to Candlekeep anyway.

Regardless of action or inaction, charname is responsible for their death. Maybe ulraunt was fully right in that sense.
    @Iroumen Well no, you are at candlekeep to find incriminating documents. Your first encounter was simply confirming that Rieltar is still there. From there you could follow his movements and find the right time to get said documents away from him. Sarevok just acted faster than you.